SIAP JESS SIMPSON EXPECTED TO BE MIAMI'S NEW DL COACH

Advertisement
Do you bums know who Dann Quinn is and what he’s done defensively at Seattle and at Atlanta. In the NFL.

No doubt this is “out of the box” but that’s alright.

Dan Quinn hand picked this guy to help coach his NFL defensive line.

I WILL REPEAT: Dan Quinn hand picked this guy to help coach his NFL defensive line.

As far as recruiting, sounds like he’s got a little juice in Georgia and the southeast. I see this as part of a strategy for him and Patke to work pull a few linemen from Georgia and surrounding areas. Kind of like SEC teams do with their huge lines.

I like this hire from a defensive coaching standpoint and at least conceptually from a recruiting strategic standpoint...assuming it goes through.

Quinn got to know Simpson when he was DC at Florida. Apparently he had recruited/coached some of Simpson's guys at Florida. He must have been very impressed to snatch him up after just a few months on the job at Georgia State.

I like this hire and I never heard of the guy. And here is why. No one at any level post a 90%+ win at any level without having some sauce. This dude get “it”. He knows how to motivate young men and get them to excel which means that he has a good personality which will be crucial in recruting.

Advertisement
So the guy was good enough for a role in the NFL, but some posters think he's unfit for the DL spot? Right. And he has deep connections at the H.S. level that would not even be relevant at the NFL level, but are certainly welcome here.

Some dudes just like to ***** about anything.

It's not a defensive staff with Power 5 experience. Semantics, but I think there's a difference there. I think Simpson is a good coach. I think Banda is a good coach. I think Rumph is a good technical coach and a terrible recruiter. I think Patke was a bad hire.

Patke was a bad hire because you were disappointed with it or because he is not a good coach? Big difference.

Not justifying since I don't like the Patke hire, but the QP said "recommendations from guys whose opinions he trusts." So I assume the explanation is he trusts Diaz's opinion.

Are you sure it wasn't the students who frequented the bar at the Incarnate Word?

Advertisement
People always refuse to listen to reason and logic but prefer to form an an opinion with about 3 seconds worth of reading, set their hair on fire, and start running around planting their hot take flags about shltty hires.

Read the posts from the rational posters that have taken the time to look into this guy and delineated his attributes.

You know who else took his time and carefully considered all aspects of this candidate’s attributes while researching and considering other available candidates: Mark Richt.

After carefully considering his coaching ability on the defensive line, his potential for landing defensive line recruits in the southeast, the trust placed in him by being hand picked to coach the DLine by Dan Quinn, his ability to mesh with the current staff and players, Rick made his choice.

Rick’s team, Rick’s coaches, Rick’s choice. Good enough for me.

Advertisement
Explain Patke.

I'll give you the same answer I gave Ghost. Patke has 4 years with Diaz in total, 2 as a GA at Lousiana Tech and Mississippi State, respectively, and 2 years as a QC at Miami He is coaching outside linebackers. He obviously understands what Diaz wants to do with his linebackers. As for recruiting, he was thought well enough to try to bail out Kul in the 11th hour, just was an impossible task. At least in interviews, he got good comments from recruits. My opinion is you need some young and hungry guys willing to work extremely long hours.

After reading the 247 writer's take, and learning a little about Simpson's resume, this looks like an ingenious hire to me. Simpson is obviously a good football coach (based on his success at Buford in GA.), moved up the ladder quickly, was coaching at the highest level of football for the last year under a pretty good football coach (who happened to pluck him out of powerhouse GA State) and is highly respected by HS football coaches in a talent rich area. While Simpson isn't a "big name," he is respected by an NFL coach and HS coaches in GA. If he can coach the position and his relationships in the GA HS coaches' community helps him sign top talent from GA, then thius can be a great hire.

Advertisement
I'll give you the same answer I gave Ghost. Patke has 4 years with Diaz in total, 2 as a GA at Lousiana Tech and Mississippi State, respectively, and 2 years as a QC at Miami He is coaching outside linebackers. He obviously understands what Diaz wants to do with his linebackers. As for recruiting, he was thought well enough to try to bail out Kul in the 11th hour, just was an impossible task. At least in interviews, he got good comments from recruits. My opinion is you need some young and hungry guys willing to work extremely long hours.

Cool, so why Patke? Was it his lack of real experience? Was it that nobody wanted him as an actual coach, similar to Jon Richt, and we decided to promote him? Are we celebrating he was GA? Is the Incarnate Word the best at producing coaches?

Maybe Diaz is hard to work with, ego wise, and that is why we hired someone like Patke?

Maybe we had no other options for Kul and promoted him at the last minute (to recruiting)?

To the posters who are down on this hire. Let’s see if the Falcons call Kul to replace this guy as one of their DL coaches. ....:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Now that is funny.

Sheesh. Was the DL job posted on Indeed.com or what?

Too many coaching question marks on the defensive side of the ball. I normally try to stay positive too but c'mon man. We airballed a freethrow on this hire.

Advertisement
Back