SIAP but scrimmage did happen:

Advertisement
Richt on today...

"I was really excited about just how the whole thing went. This is what you want. You want to put your defense under stress. You want to put your offense under stress. You want it to be competitive," Richt said after the scrimmage, which was closed to both fans and the media. "I told the scouts, 'You're not a punching bag today. Go compete.' We put a lot of quality players on that side of the ball to make it a quality game

Well that explains some of it....

But regardless I think its very concerning that Brad Kaaya is still not able to get it done when it counts, even in a practice simulation.... Drop balls or not, at some point Kaayas got to figure out how to pull off a late game and or come back victory.
All reports say it hit the hands of a TE before getting picked off and losing. How much of a troll do you have to be to say Kaaya didn't get it done?

People are kind of missing the point that the scout team plays offense too, and they did score too. Scout team also had some 1st team players on it.

Richt on today...

"I was really excited about just how the whole thing went. This is what you want. You want to put your defense under stress. You want to put your offense under stress. You want it to be competitive," Richt said after the scrimmage, which was closed to both fans and the media. "I told the scouts, 'You're not a punching bag today. Go compete.' We put a lot of quality players on that side of the ball to make it a quality game

Well that explains some of it....

But regardless I think its very concerning that Brad Kaaya is still not able to get it done when it counts, even in a practice simulation.... Drop balls or not, at some point Kaayas got to figure out how to pull off a late game and or come back victory.

They started off down 28 with a half to play, what more do you want? The 2 ints and 2 fumbles on offense halted that at the end and they were within 3 with all of that happening

Practice.jpg

Advertisement
2 TDs down, with 2 qtrs to play against kid you compete with every day? I'm glad it was a close loss. Get that L out of the way early when it doesn't matter against your brothers. And I like the urgency of the format as well. Every play should be with a certain level of focus and intensity. I hope this is the format all the time. Brad grew immensely each game year one, and I see him growing leaps and bounds each game this year with great coaching.

This was a fantastic result 9 days out.

My biggest knock on Kaaya is the fact that he cant run. His 5.4 something 40 time in the spring of his freshman year would have been the worse ever run by a QB at the NFL combine. Now,in the Pros that may not be such a big deal cause the worse 40 time currently belongs to Tom Brady and he is doing ok but in the college game it does matter.

Maybe that's why this team is so terrible on 3rd down?? The bowl game last year was partly lost when the WSU QB ran 7 yds for a 1st down-a play Kaaya could not have pulled off. Since Kaaya lacks this skill set he must make up for it with accurate passing and he has yet to prove he can do that (61% last year when he needs to be around 67% to make up for his lack of mobility).

Red flags will go up for me if he cant hit +67% in his first 3 games this year

My biggest knock on Kaaya is the fact that he cant run. His 5.4 something 40 time in the spring of his freshman year would have been the worse ever run by a QB at the NFL combine. Now,in the Pros that may not be such a big deal cause the worse 40 time currently belongs to Tom Brady and he is doing ok but in the college game it does matter.

Maybe that's why this team is so terrible on 3rd down?? The bowl game last year was partly lost when the WSU QB ran 7 yds for a 1st down-a play Kaaya could not have pulled off. Since Kaaya lacks this skill set he must make up for it with accurate passing and he has yet to prove he can do that (61% last year when he needs to be around 67% to make up for his lack of mobility).

All our NC winning QBs could run ... wait. Only Bernie could.. no he could barely move. Vinnie could but wait, that's right, two NC games and two losses -- did win the Heisman though. This is Miami. QB under center dropping back and passing from the pocket -- it works here. If QB can run, those feet get to moving and he forget the pass. Brad has no choice but to wait for reliever to come open. Now, he needs to improve moving around the pocket some but let's not have him running downfield. That is no more Miami football than Golden's 3 -4 dancing with the stars.

Advertisement
2 TDs down, with 2 qtrs to play against kid you compete with every day? I'm glad it was a close loss. Get that L out of the way early when it doesn't matter against your brothers. And I like the urgency of the format as well. Every play should be with a certain level of focus and intensity. I hope this is the format all the time. Brad grew immensely each game year one, and I see him growing leaps and bounds each game this year with great coaching.

This was a fantastic result 9 days out.

4tds down

All our NC winning QBs could run ... wait. Only Bernie could.. no he could barely move. Vinnie could but wait, that's right, two NC games and two losses -- did win the Heisman though. This is Miami. QB under center dropping back and passing from the pocket -- it works here. If QB can run, those feet get to moving and he forget the pass. Brad has no choice but to wait for reliever to come open. Now, he needs to improve moving around the pocket some but let's not have him running downfield. That is no more Miami football than Golden's 3 -4 dancing with the stars.

You make a good point, Kosar and Dorsey didnt run much. Kaaya would have won with the talent surrounding Dorsey-not so sure he could have pulled off what Bernie did for our first Championship.

Yes, Kaaya is a good QB compared to those two but in today's game a QB on most teams can take off for 40 yds if need be--back in the day-not so much. So ,all I'm saying is ,if your going to be a traditional drop back QB with zero scrambling ability,put yourself in the top 10 in completion %. That means hitting +67%.

Some things we knew going in:
1. The OL is mediocre and a year away
2. D is vastly improved, and may be the toughest we face this year (shades of the old U?
Expectation?
Our fairly easy early schedule will build upon what the coaching staff has developed and we win 10 or 9, with some close games OR we win 7 or 8 and fire up the banners. As U fans we need to see a team that gets better each week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Y'all gettin trolled by a Kaaya basher...now THATs funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I stopped taking him seriously when he referenced Morris's W/L record to make his argument.

No you guys are right, it's the coaches fault. There is zero evidence to the contrary.

I also like how you and everyone else have been shown the hypocrisy in your arguments. Lots of silence all around.

You got us all red handed

Advertisement
Y'all gettin trolled by a Kaaya basher...now THATs funny

I stopped taking him seriously when he referenced Morris's W/L record to make his argument.

No you guys are right, it's the coaches fault. There is zero evidence to the contrary.

I also like how you and everyone else have been shown the hypocrisy in your arguments. Lots of silence all around.

You got us all red handed

Don't lump yourself in with other people who are actually trying to debate.

Kayaa had 2 int's? Oh knows, we might need a grad transfer qb . BK obviously has an int problem .

I beat the faqqit trolls with the soft breakdown of a scrimmage I didn't see

I'll do you one better - Brad Kaaya still hasn't won a clutch game, not even against our scout team...

I'm all in on Kaaya. But this is a legitimate concern. The only weakness I see in his game. I put it all on J Coley and past Corches. But do want to see him come from behind to win one.

Golden, Coley and D'No were all around for Morris as they were for Kaaya. Morris was 16-9 under Golden, and 9-4 with Coley. Kaaya was 10-10 under Golden, 13-12 under Coley. Blame the corches?

Yes. QBs shouldn't be judged by team criteria as coaches are.

Ken Dorsey never threw a pick that wasn't someone else's fault. Also he brought his team back in close wins vs Boston College in 2001 and Ohio State in 2002. He didn't rely on defense. Ever. Sometimes Coker even lined him up in the secondary because he instinctively knew how to alter the ball mid flight.

Kaaya doesn't do those things.

I don't like your tone

Ask flip.

Put some respek in your tone when you're discussing Mr 38-2.

Flip also thinks Usain Bolt is clean

Dorsey da gawd.

Bolt is dirtier than 'Chise's mouth.

[MENTION=3871]FlipT[/MENTION]
Follow his track history...great progressions and a decline at the end. Just envision the 49ers Harbaugh tenure for clarity!

Advertisement
Kayaa had 2 int's? Oh knows, we might need a grad transfer qb . BK obviously has an int problem .

I'll do you one better - Brad Kaaya still hasn't won a clutch game, not even against our scout team...

I'm all in on Kaaya. But this is a legitimate concern. The only weakness I see in his game. I put it all on J Coley and past Corches. But do want to see him come from behind to win one.

This makes no sense whatsoever...
Kaaya needs to stop making our defense give up 500 yards a game. Duh.

Yards don't matter JJ. Have you learned nothing the past 5 years?

Golden, Coley and D'No were all around for Morris as they were for Kaaya. Morris was 16-9 under Golden, and 9-4 with Coley. Kaaya was 10-10 under Golden, 13-12 under Coley. Blame the corches?

Then why was Stephen Morris able to lead 5 late game winning drives during his career?

This makes no sense whatsoever...
Kaaya needs to stop making our defense give up 500 yards a game. Duh.

Yards don't matter JJ. Have you learned nothing the past 5 years?

Baylor's offense doesn't seem to care.

Then why was Stephen Morris able to lead 5 late game winning drives during his career?
This is seriously one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on this board, and that is saying something. First, wins and losses are a team stat. Second, a TD drive in the 2nd quarter counts for the same amount of points as as a TD drive the 4th quarter, so GTFOH here with this sports talk radio "late game winning drives" bull****. Here are Kaaya and Morris's stats as starters:

Kaaya (Fr) 2014: 58.5 completion %; 8.5 Y/A; 29/12 TD/INT; 146 QBR
Kaaya (So) 2015: 61.2 completion %; 8.3 Y/A; 16/5 TD/INT; 142 QBR

Morris (Jr) 2012: 58.2 completion %; 7.9 Y/A; 21/7 TD/INT; 138 QBR
Morris (Sr) 2013: 57.6 completion %; 8.8 Y/A; 21/12 TD/INT; 145 QBR

Kaaya has been the better QB as a true Freshman and Sophomore. Morris's numbers are from his Junior and Senior year. Kaaya also played behind arguably the worst OL in the history of the program last year.

Advertisement
Back