SIAP but scrimmage did happen:

I'm all in on Kaaya. But this is a legitimate concern. The only weakness I see in his game. I put it all on J Coley and past Corches. But do want to see him come from behind to win one.

Golden, Coley and D'No were all around for Morris as they were for Kaaya. Morris was 16-9 under Golden, and 9-4 with Coley. Kaaya was 10-10 under Golden, 13-12 under Coley. Blame the corches?

Yes. QBs shouldn't be judged by team criteria as coaches are.

Then why was Stephen Morris able to lead 5 late game winning drives during his career?
This is seriously one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on this board, and that is saying something. First, wins and losses are a team stat. Second, a TD drive in the 2nd quarter counts for the same amount of points as as a TD drive the 4th quarter, so GTFOH here with this sports talk radio "late game winning drives" bull****. Here are Kaaya and Morris's stats as starters:

Kaaya (Fr) 2014: 58.5 completion %; 8.5 Y/A; 29/12 TD/INT; 146 QBR
Kaaya (So) 2015: 61.2 completion %; 8.3 Y/A; 16/5 TD/INT; 142 QBR

Morris (Jr) 2012: 58.2 completion %; 7.9 Y/A; 21/7 TD/INT; 138 QBR
Morris (Sr) 2013: 57.6 completion %; 8.8 Y/A; 21/12 TD/INT; 145 QBR

Kaaya has been the better QB as a true Freshman and Sophomore. Morris's numbers are from his Junior and Senior year. Kaaya also played behind arguably the worst OL in the history of the program last year.

Great, thank you internet for providing stats irrelevant to the argument. I said Kaaya is better than Morris. Care to stay on topic?

Advertisement
Golden, Coley and D'No were all around for Morris as they were for Kaaya. Morris was 16-9 under Golden, and 9-4 with Coley. Kaaya was 10-10 under Golden, 13-12 under Coley. Blame the corches?

Yes. QBs shouldn't be judged by team criteria as coaches are.

Then why was Stephen Morris able to lead 5 late game winning drives during his career?
This is seriously one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on this board, and that is saying something. First, wins and losses are a team stat. Second, a TD drive in the 2nd quarter counts for the same amount of points as as a TD drive the 4th quarter, so GTFOH here with this sports talk radio "late game winning drives" bull****. Here are Kaaya and Morris's stats as starters:

Kaaya (Fr) 2014: 58.5 completion %; 8.5 Y/A; 29/12 TD/INT; 146 QBR
Kaaya (So) 2015: 61.2 completion %; 8.3 Y/A; 16/5 TD/INT; 142 QBR

Morris (Jr) 2012: 58.2 completion %; 7.9 Y/A; 21/7 TD/INT; 138 QBR
Morris (Sr) 2013: 57.6 completion %; 8.8 Y/A; 21/12 TD/INT; 145 QBR

Kaaya has been the better QB as a true Freshman and Sophomore. Morris's numbers are from his Junior and Senior year. Kaaya also played behind arguably the worst OL in the history of the program last year.

Great, thank you internet for providing stats irrelevant to the argument. I said Kaaya is better than Morris. Care to stay on topic?
You can't have it both ways. The essence of your argument is that "late game winning drives" somehow define a QB's value. I'm calling bull**** on that premise, but by your logic, Morris > Kaaya because he had more game winning drives.

You can't have it both ways. The essence of your argument is that "late game winning drives" somehow define a QB's value. I'm calling bull**** on that premise, but by your logic, Morris > Kaaya because he had more game winning drives.

That is not the essence of my argument, and not sure how you could interpret it that way.

Because you are having difficulty I will summarize the argument.

My argument: Kaaya is not winning late games.
Opposing argument: It's because of the coaches.
My argument: Well then explain why Morris was able to do it.
Opposing argument: Uh, it was the coaching.
My argument: Ok, why?
Opposing argument: Uh, stats.
My argument: Ok, great.

That is not the essence of my argument, and not sure how you could interpret it that way.

Again, teams win and lose games. As far as Kaaya, do you have any statistical evidence that he magically becomes a worse QB in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter? Does his completion rate go down? INT rate go up? If not, then GTFOH with your bull**** argument. Wins and losses are a team stat.

Again, teams win and lose games. As far as Kaaya, do you have any statistical evidence that he magically becomes a worse QB in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter? Does his completion rate go down? INT rate go up? If not, then GTFOH with your bull**** argument. Wins and losses are a team stat.

Jesus ******* Christ, this isn't an argument about stats! Just win the games!

Advertisement
I don't like your tone

Ask flip.

Put some respek in your tone when you're discussing Mr 38-2.

Flip also thinks Usain Bolt is clean

Dorsey da gawd.

Bolt is dirtier than 'Chise's mouth.

[MENTION=3871]FlipT[/MENTION]
Follow his track history...great progressions and a decline at the end. Just envision the 49ers Harbaugh tenure for clarity!

But Bolt hasn't declined.

Ask flip.

Dorsey da gawd.

Follow his track history...great progressions and a decline at the end. Just envision the 49ers Harbaugh tenure for clarity!

He went from 9.5s to 9.8s from age 21 to 29. Father Time is still undefeated!!!

Jesus ******* Christ, this isn't an argument about stats! Just win the games!

Defenses can win games. Ask the Denver Broncos.

Dorsey da gawd.

He went from 9.5s to 9.8s from age 21 to 29. Father Time is still undefeated!!!

Yet dominates the dirtiest sport in the world at 30.

If he injects enough I think he can give Father Time a run for his money, unless Father Time is using the same ped. Then it could be interesting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back