SIAP but scrimmage did happen:

Richt on today...

"I was really excited about just how the whole thing went. This is what you want. You want to put your defense under stress. You want to put your offense under stress. You want it to be competitive," Richt said after the scrimmage, which was closed to both fans and the media. "I told the scouts, 'You're not a punching bag today. Go compete.' We put a lot of quality players on that side of the ball to make it a quality game

Advertisement
Why is Kaaya throwing so many interceptions against the scout team?

One clearly bounced off of the receiver but otherwise great questionz

He should throw a ball that goes straight to the ground once it bounces off a receiver's hands.

Ken Dorsey never threw a pick that wasn't someone else's fault. Also he brought his team back in close wins vs Boston College in 2001 and Ohio State in 2002. He didn't rely on defense. Ever. Sometimes Coker even lined him up in the secondary because he instinctively knew how to alter the ball mid flight.

Kaaya doesn't do those things.

He actually did bring us back against Ohio State at the end of regulation. And we never trailed BC. What exactly is the point you were trying to make? All I'm reading is fail.

Golden, Coley and D'No were all around for Morris as they were for Kaaya. Morris was 16-9 under Golden, and 9-4 with Coley. Kaaya was 10-10 under Golden, 13-12 under Coley. Blame the corches?

That's conclusive proof that Morris was better than Kaaya. There are no other variables at play.

Advertisement
This scrimmage philosophy says to me that we will play offense like we are down 28 points. Full throttle on the calls and loading up on points. All that safe play talk during camp is a smoke screen. If allowed this offense will bury teams.

Golden, Coley and D'No were all around for Morris as they were for Kaaya. Morris was 16-9 under Golden, and 9-4 with Coley. Kaaya was 10-10 under Golden, 13-12 under Coley. Blame the corches?

That's conclusive proof that Morris was better than Kaaya. There are no other variables at play.

Feel free to explain the variables.

Everything was exactly the same, so your conclusion is scientifically sound. I'm agreeing with you. All the players were the same. Experience was the same. Teams were all equally motivated.

You're right. Anything other than the conclusion that Morris was better is excuse-making and Kaaya apologist nonsense.

Everything was exactly the same, so your conclusion is scientifically sound. I'm agreeing with you. All the players were the same. Experience was the same. Teams were all equally motivated.

You're right. Anything other than the conclusion that Morris was better is excuse-making and Kaaya apologist nonsense.

I'm not saying Morris was better. I'm saying quit making excuses for Kaaya.

Clearly, in what sense?

I'm not saying who was at fault for the INT and take all spring and fall practices for what they are, a time to hype the team up.

Did BK throw the ball too hard when he needed to touch it in, too high, too low, not completely on target, etc? Did Njoku make a half *** attempt, see a big hit coming, try and run before the ball was there, or what?

We won't know unless we see a highlight, but I'm not ready to excuse anything away.

Advertisement
I'll do you one better - Brad Kaaya still hasn't won a clutch game, not even against our scout team...

I'm all in on Kaaya. But this is a legitimate concern. The only weakness I see in his game. I put it all on J Coley and past Corches. But do want to see him come from behind to win one.

Is this serious?

True freshman & sophomore years vs. Junior & Senior years

Man, new excuses come flying out every time.

Kaaya was supposedly worlds better than Ryan Williams and deserved to start. Williams would've been a Senior, do you think he would've done better than 6-6?

LOL no

Clearly, in what sense?

I'm not saying who was at fault for the INT and take all spring and fall practices for what they are, a time to hype the team up.

Did BK throw the ball too hard when he needed to touch it in, too high, too low, not completely on target, etc? Did Njoku make a half *** attempt, see a big hit coming, try and run before the ball was there, or what?

We won't know unless we see a highlight, but I'm not ready to excuse anything away.

A source who attended practice according to Matt potter said the 2 passes bounced off the hands of the receivers one of them being njoku

Iron sharpens Iron. I don't see this as a problem at all. I'm glad that our bench players are just as competitive as our starters. That's how it used to be. We can't look at everything as a negative. DL getting sacks, our DBs picking off passes...that's the way it should be, so when we play against other teams, it's nothing. And shout out to that boy Romeo Finley, man. I was super excited we pulled him. He's going to have a nice career here.

This scrimmage philosophy says to me that we will play offense like we are down 28 points. Full throttle on the calls and loading up on points. All that safe play talk during camp is a smoke screen. If allowed this offense will bury teams.

See, this is why I always roll w/ your post, frat. Sensible, and cohesive. That's exactly what I feel as well.

Advertisement
Iron sharpens Iron. I don't see this as a problem at all. I'm glad that our bench players are just as competitive as our starters. That's how it used to be. We can't look at everything as a negative. DL getting sacks, our DBs picking off passes...that's the way it should be, so when we play against other teams, it's nothing. And shout out to that boy Romeo Finley, man. I was super excited we pulled him. He's going to have a nice career here.

Great post, I agree

I'm not saying Morris was better. I'm saying quit making excuses for Kaaya.

Exactly. I'm talking your scientific study to its logical conclusion and stating that you have provided us with irrefutable proof that Morris is better than Kaaya. Morris wasn't very good. Kaaya's not as good as Morris. Therefore, Kaaya isn't very good.

If there's one thing I can tell you for sure about a scrimmage that none of us saw one second of it's this: Gus Edwards runs too high.

Advertisement
If there's one thing I can tell you for sure about a scrimmage that none of us saw one second of it's this: Gus Edwards runs too high.

Don't forget that he's soft too. We can definitely tell that from this scrimmage and from him getting hit by Shaq on playaction and hitting his head on a bar in a drill.

I'm all in on Kaaya. But this is a legitimate concern. The only weakness I see in his game. I put it all on J Coley and past Corches. But do want to see him come from behind to win one.

Is this serious?

True freshman & sophomore years vs. Junior & Senior years

Man, new excuses come flying out every time.

Kaaya was supposedly worlds better than Ryan Williams and deserved to start. Williams would've been a Senior, do you think he would've done better than 6-6?

LOL no

Then you just contradicted yourself.

Don't forget they played the exact same schedule too

Don't forget that he's soft too. We can definitely tell that from this scrimmage and from him getting hit by Shaq on playaction and hitting his head on a bar in a drill.

They should probably move him to fullback.

Advertisement
Back