SI Believes UM Has Narrowed List to Four

Lesbianoest here:

Sources say or "SI believes" is the new way for the involved party to informally announce and gauge public interest without committing.

as far as Canes stuff goes, if it's not coming from [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] in public or other people who I personally trust, it's not legit.

the big journal quoting anonymous sources are in fact Hecht accidentally on purpose leaking info out there.

Advertisement
Saban owns Mullen. Walks him on a short leash with a pink bedazzled vest on. Just like Switzer and Dr. Tom used to **** in JJ's eyes.

JJ left Okie State because he got sick of being puked on by those guys. Then he got on a level playing field and started doing the pumping instead of being on all 4s biting the pillow.

Mullen actually would do well here. He could probably put together a very good staff.

First he's tutored great dual threat college QB's at every stop. Josh Harris at Bowling Green, Alex Smith at Utah, Leak and Tebow at Florida also recruited Cam Newton to Florida originally, Prescott at MSU. That's a lot of success. It is a QB driven game, having them able to run is almost a necessity in today's game.

His current staff, namely co-ordinators, has a lot of recruiting ties to Florida besides Mullen himself.

His Co-OC/Passing game co-ordinator/ WR coach is Billy Gonzales who coached with him at Florida cor 4 years and also recruited the state when he was at LSU.

His other Co-OC/ Running game co-ordinator/OL coach OL is John Hevesy who coached OL and TE with him at Florida.

His DC/ LB coach is Manny Diaz who is from Miami and was a GA at FSU as well as DC at Texas.

His RB /Recruiting Co-ordinator is Greg Knox who was Auburn's WR/RC for a decade. They recruit the state of Florida a ton. He was responsible for central Florida and the Tampa area for Auburn.
An added bonus is his strength coach is Rick Court, a Mickey Marotti disciple. Marotti is Urban's strength guy from Florida and OSU. Court was Marotti's assistant at OSU for a few years.

Nice writeup.
Thanks for sharing!

Do you remember all the catastrophes on the sidelines during his 14 years as a HC?

I remember "Botch" and I remember the banner. And I remember Butch building the best team ever despite all that bull****.

You say Butch has never been considered an "elite" coach. The NFL came calling for Butch after six years, and he took Cleveland to the playoffs for the only time in a quarter-century. Mullen has been at MSU for seven years. Any NFL teams knocking on his door?

Butch has already built Miami into an elite program. There is no guesswork there. The only question is whether he is still the same coach. Based on what I saw at UNC, he is still the same Butch. And that's good enough to build Miami into a monster.

If Jagr can post his bull****, why not this. Genron says...

[tweet]670738568382279681[/tweet]

Advertisement
If it's Butch, I hope we made a good run at Chip or Les. Either way, Butch seemed impossible one year ago and it's going to be freaking exciting to have a real coach on the sidelines!

LOL! This Ariz guy is only concerned about his Knicks who suck!

Lesbianoest here:

Sources say or "SI believes" is the new way for the involved party to informally announce and gauge public interest without committing.

as far as Canes stuff goes, if it's not coming from [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] in public or other people who I personally trust, it's not legit.

the big journal quoting anonymous sources are in fact Hecht accidentally on purpose leaking info out there.

Who the **** started this butch on Campus rumor??

Was it that dumb *** thread by jagr

Advertisement
If Jagr can post his bull****, why not this. Genron says...

[tweet]670738568382279681[/tweet]

Dont get it twisted, Genron knows people at UM... i believe it..i also believe that Miamiis waiting on 2 candidates (Mullen being One) and I dnt knw the other....we will knw alot by Monday morning

Butch in a landslide....and for the record guys like Herman and Fuente have no business being at the U .Too big of a learning curve about south Florida for them. I approve of this list and fully expect Butch to be named HC.

Last edited:
Do you remember all the catastrophes on the sidelines during his 14 years as a HC?

I remember "Botch" and I remember the banner. And I remember Butch building the best team ever despite all that bull****.

You say Butch has never been considered an "elite" coach. The NFL came calling for Butch after six years, and he took Cleveland to the playoffs for the only time in a quarter-century. Mullen has been at MSU for seven years. Any NFL teams knocking on his door?

Butch has already built Miami into an elite program. There is no guesswork there. The only question is whether he is still the same coach. Based on what I saw at UNC, he is still the same Butch. And that's good enough to build Miami into a monster.

+1000

Dan, sometimes I feel your posts don't belong in this message board. Although I don't always agree with you, I find your posts in general calm, level headed, thoughtful and especially lacking that colorful extremism that is rather common here. People idolizing some people when liking them and despising them when they don't. The "Don" and the "Corch. Not much in between.

Advertisement

What exactly did you see at UNC? He recruited well...what else?

Hiring Butch right now would be even lazier than the Randy and Coker hirings. Bunch of morons running this program. When we are losing to FSU and VT and Clemson every year for 3 years, I don't want to hear a single complaint from the porsters.

Advertisement
If that's our final list of candidates, then it absolutely better be Mullen. He's the only potential elite guy on that list. The rest are journeymen types and retreads.

So Butch is not even potentially elite now? He's the only guy on the list who actually has been elite.

Georgia Tech took Dan Mullen's best team and bent them over the dinner table.

:sanford:

Hiring Butch right now would be even lazier than the Randy and Coker hirings. Bunch of morons running this program. When we are losing to FSU and VT and Clemson every year for 3 years, I don't want to hear a single complaint from the porsters.
will u leave if we become elite?

will u leave if we become elite?

Showers Is a clown... dude sucks off Herman and thinks hes not being lazy by wanting a HC thats winning at a school any coach woukd win at. That Uconn lost doesnt matter, hes thought it through.

But hiring Butch Davis yeah thats a lazy hire lol gtfoh

Advertisement
Back