SI Believes UM Has Narrowed List to Four

Would think anyone with a pulse would want to leave Starkville. Do they still do the cowbells?
He is getting paid pretty well there with only the pressure of beating Ole Miss. With that said, yeah, you would think he would eventually want to coach somewhere where he can play for a championship.

Regarding MSU's chances of playing for a Nat. Championship, I think Jackie Sherrill won the SEC West about 20 years ago when Bama, Auburn, and LSU, were all having a down year. What are the odds of that happening again anytime soon?

Mississippi State's football tradition is down right awful. They've won 1 SEC title and that was in 1941. Their conference winning percentage is .350. That's how bad they've been historically.

Advertisement
Do you remember all the catastrophes on the sidelines during his 14 years as a HC?

I remember "Botch" and I remember the banner. And I remember Butch building the best team ever despite all that bull****.

You say Butch has never been conside
red an "elite" coach. The NFL came calling for Butch after six years, and he took Cleveland to the playoffs for the only time in a quarter-century. Mullen has been at MSU for seven years. Any NFL teams knocking on his door?

Butch has already built Miami into an elite program. There is no guesswork there. The only question is whether he is still the same coach. Based on what I saw at UNC, he is still the same Butch. And that's good enough to build Miami into a monster.

What exactly did you see at UNC? He recruited well...what else?

You shook. About to be banned when you lose the bet, too.

Mullen would be a tremendous hire. Kudos to Blake if that's who it is. Tho Mullen makes about 4 mill.

He would? How and why? His o is like watching paint dry on the wall ? Is he still coaching miss state because he is they have done jack ****. You guys must look forward to the egg bowl

Advertisement
This just can't be the whole story. We didn't seriously hire a search firm to give us a list of 40 names so we could narrow it down to three guys who would stab their own mother to have the job and a guy making more money than we would pay- and who is at last count is 5-29 vs. ranked opponents.

This just can't be the whole story. We didn't seriously hire a search firm to give us a list of 40 names so we could narrow it down to three guys who would stab their own mother to have the job and a guy making more money than we would pay- and who is at last count is 5-29 vs. ranked opponents.

exactly. But you have a bunch of people out there practically making up some news so they can look cool.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna lose it if it's not my guy Butch, because I believe we can get back with a really good coach and staff. I'd be very happy with Schiano, he's my 1.B behind Butch 1.A. I have no doubt Mullen would be very successful here as well. He knows his stuff and brings a very good physical style to play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back