Sherriffs can transfer to Duke, UVA, UNC and play immediately

Advertisement
Kid should be encouraged to go to one of those schools.

1.) Why the **** shouldn't he be allowed to go wherever he wants, we told him he wasn't good enough to compete here

2.) If Cutcliffe can beat us with this kid at QB we should have to build a statue of him on our campus

Kid should be encouraged to go to one of those schools.

1.) Why the **** shouldn't he be allowed to go wherever he wants, we told him he wasn't good enough to compete here

2.) If Cutcliffe can beat us with this kid at QB we should have to build a statue of him on our campus

Duke isn't benching Daniel Jones for Evan nor is Virginia benching Kurt Benkert. If Evan is smart he heads to an FCS program like James Madison. I believe their QB graduated. He'd do very well there.

Last edited:
To alleviate some concerns: we don’t receive physical playbooks, every player has an iPad that must be turned in after the season. Coaches constantly change signs and play names from year to year. It’s extremely difficult to recall a playbook 6-9 months later while also learning a new playbook. This is a minor to non issue that’s getting blown out of proportion
exactly. I understood not letting him to an oponent but no biggie either way . He ain't any good.

Advertisement
I'm not worried about him knowing our playbook. More dangerous is his multiple games of watching opposing crapping QBs looking like probowl QBs against Manny's defense.

I see this as an indication that we must be doing some serious revamping of the offense, if Richt is allowing him to transfer to teams in our division, let alone conference.

Yep. Must mean we are eliminating the throwing it into the lineman's hands and the bounce pass on the short out plays.

Advertisement
It's our policy according to Blake James, no press on Richt's feelings.

It's a good policy, too. We don't want frustrated juniors/seniors to transfer to a team where they can play immediately and help beat us on the field.
I suspect that's the primary motivation here, not concerns over our playbook being stolen.
He will have graduated, he has met his obligation as a student athlete, so in this case not a good policy.

I think most programs know their opponents’ offensive/defensive philosophies and, in addition, have enough film and play experiences over the past year ot two, to know what they have in their playbooks. No one who coaches, save a few, is so dumb that they would actually need a playbook to have an advantage. It’s important to note a few things: not every play from the playbook is implemented in every game. Also, play books not only evolve every year, the personnel you have on your team, dictates the nuances and creases of the different plays, which end up being expressed uniquely on the field, from year to year.

I do not, for one moment think that whichever team he goes to, sacrifice their game planning and instead, rely on what this kid tells them. How many plays can they prepare for from the playbook? It’s easier to gameplan based on philosophical and executional tendencies for that particular season from the tapes and scouting. That would be the most relevant and practical approach.

I’m just guessing here...the fair play eggheads on UM’s review committee gave it the ok.

But they’re not so dumb. Duke and UNC are home games, and we should still be able to beat them, even after Evan hands them over the playbook.
Yup and the way we are starting to stack talent it wont matter.

He will have graduated, he has met his obligation as a student athlete, so in this case not a good policy.

Not contractually, no. We also invested a scholarship and three years' worth of tuition in him. Yet still, he can join an in-conference rival and hurt us, even after that investment?

I'm not worried about it and I understand your perspective, but it's an opinion, not a *****y statement of fact.

Advertisement
Honestly we should beat every team sans VT just on talent alone with MR going vanilla I’m sorry

And whatever team he goes too we need to curb check hard and leave every post for that Benedict Arnold for the defense so they can Tee off

Advertisement
Honestly we should beat every team sans VT just on talent alone with MR going vanilla I’m sorry

And whatever team he goes too we need to curb check hard and leave every post for that Benedict Arnold for the defense so they can Tee off

We should beat VT on talent alone too.

Advertisement
Back