Shaq and Pickney struggling

Shaq Quarterman: 356 tackles, 46.5 TFLs, 13 sacks
Mike Pinckney: 267 tackles, 42 TFLs, 14.5 sacks

In the four years before Shaq/Pickney, our average rank was 73rd in yards per play. With Shaq/Pinckney, our average ranking was 10th.

Both guys were very good LBs in the orange and green. They have flaws like 99% of players, but no two players were more instrumental in turning around our defense.

Advertisement

In the four years before Shaq/Pickney, our average rank was 73rd in yards per play. With Shaq/Pinckney, our average ranking was 10th.

Both guys were very good LBs in the orange and green. They have flaws like 99% of players, but no two players were more instrumental in turning around our defense.
What are your thoughts on how they would fit in the NFL?

You're wasting your time, too much of this board still trashes our all-time leading passer.

I think He will be taken in that range
I think he has a better chance of being underrated especially if he runs a slow forty.

I’ve seen him run to the wrong hole plenty of times so no team is going to use that high a pick without any measurables standing out (Shaq doesn’t have the height or speed/athleticism)

Advertisement
What are your thoughts on how they would fit in the NFL?

Two-down backers. I think both will probably be picked low/UDFA but I expect at least one of them to stick.

The pendulum may swing back to players like Shaq. For years we heard about the run-stuffing LB being outdated, but Tennessee just made it to the conference championship with Tannehill throwing for 75 yards a game and handing off to Derrick Henry.

You're wasting your time, too much of this board still trashes our all-time leading passer.
How is the truth trashing? He was a good player for us but having an opinion about where he would be drafted isn’t trashing if you don’t say he’sa first founder and first ballot hall of fame.

Advertisement
I think he has a better chance of being underrated especially if he runs a slow forty.

I’ve seen him run to the wrong hole plenty of times so no team is going to use that high a pick without any measurables standing out (Shaq doesn’t have the height or speed/athleticism)
I expect quarterman to test better than Pinckney actually

Lol so many of y’all who have never played a sport have this fantasy idea that a 230 pound linebacker should be able to cover in space like a safety or cornerback.

95% of linebackers in the Nfl don’t have coverage ability like a safety or corner... if they had that ability they would’ve been safeties.

Two-down backers. I think both will probably be picked low/UDFA but I expect at least one of them to stick.

The pendulum may swing back to players like Shaq. For years we heard about the run-stuffing LB being outdated, but Tennessee just made it to the conference championship with Tannehill throwing for 75 yards a game and handing off to Derrick Henry.

I get what you’re saying but realistically they didn’t get in the playoffs because Tannehill threw for 75 yards per game.

He was the highest rated passer in the NFL last 10 weeks of season, and that combined with Henry propelled the Titans to the playoffs.

He averaged 260 yards passing per game with 22 TD passes. If he averaged just 175 yards passing per game they wouldn’t have sniffed the playoffs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The issue isnt just their speed its also they dont know where to go. Poor fundamentals, zero gap integrity and horrible matchup zone skills.

Diaz gimmick defense doesnt produce NFL players. Hes an atrocious developer and teacher. Its all about his blitz scheme and little else is taught bc the dude doesnt know anything about actually football outside of his (overrated) playbook.

and a 5-10 LB.

Advertisement
Back