Shaq and Pickney struggling

Both are getting picked apart in coverage drills at the Shrine Practices. Hopefully our New LBs will be better in coverage
Shaq may be one of my favorite all time Canes. But I said this in August - both of them are slow, both of them can’t cover. Love them to death, they bleed for the U but, they were over hyped after fresh and soph seasons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saban has switched in recent years away from his prototypical 250lbs Lb. he knows he needed speed after Auburn and Malzahn kept exposing him. His Lb now are just freaks but most are around 225lb and fastttttttttt.
Thats the Blueprint JJ used...he knew he needed East to West LBers to combat the Wishbone/Veer Options that the OUs and Nebraska's were using...no more 6'3 250lb LBers....

Love these dudes but speed kills or it kills you. We have all known as haven't been fast enough at LB. Hoping the new cats are quicker and faster. Best of luck to Shaq and Pickney

Y’all some haters, hate on literally everything about Miami nowadays
Couldn't of said it better. Shaq is more of a Cane then any ever . He isn't great in coverage and won't be a high draft pick but I bet he plays 4-5 years in the league at least. Pickney I have less faith in but I hope he proves me wrong . Either way some of these clowns acting like these kids sucked in college are way off base. Shaq was a very very good college LB .

Advertisement
How many LBs can cover in one vs one coverage drills? What was the drill and how was it ran..from my memory I don’t remember pink getting beat in coverage while here in a 11 v 11 situation

Advertisement
im-not-surprised-i40kwf.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back