Shaq and Pickney struggling

Advertisement
Shaq will find a place in the NFL. Let's not act like the NFL is running full spreads. 3 out of the 4 remaining teams in the playoffs are run first teams. The NFL will always need run stopping LBs and Shaq is one of the best in the draft.

Advertisement
They both will be fine. Maybe they'll have long resumes or short careers; As a "Depth guy or a starter since the rookie years." If they are a part of the right coaching scheme, I would take a educated guess the coaching staff would know how to implement both of the men on what they can contribute to the team. When the Jets drafted Jonathan Vilma he was considered small for the middle linebacker position. Regardless of the fact the defense was the "Four-Three" defensive scheme; I guess because the wear and tear on the role of the specific position, apparently. Regardless of this fact he was still thought of highly enough to be selected without hesitation with the Jets first selection. I guess because he didn't fit a certain criteria by the media. And when Eric Mangini implemented the three-four defensive scheme. The media that were paid to cover the specific team. The majority of these so called experts immediately had to question if Jonathan Vilma could play in the new scheme. He went on to have resume that lasted a total of nine professional years. What do I know though - I was never considered good enough to play this specific game to never get considered to even run around spandex so all these rich people could question everything from the wear and tear that the game does to the players. And than the teams for some unforeseen reason interrogate every young man with questions that have nothing to do with what it takes to adapt to the next level of the sport.

What do I know though? I'm not a glorified guru who gets paid to talk about a game. I should stay in my lane. Not only because I never made myself into a celebrity because of the game.. But all these kids live playing fantasy football money wagers; Some even listen with open ears to these people who looks as though they never stepped foot on the field at any major level of football.

I guess these so called experts forget that the sport of football; The same game that is considered the most popular sport in the fifty regions of the united states - right. Its the ultimate team sport that is televised pretty much all year long on the major tv networks that covers the game. This may be to much to comprehend for it seems like the majority of front runners that watches not just - high school / college / nfl games.

There is a reason the former players are still revered by the current players to be better - flat out period. Besides the work these men put in on the days of summer when training camp had what was known as, two a days. When the all-time great individuals who make "Their career resume" stand out above their contemporaries, or the men that are still currently considered good enough to be employed by each owner.

Emmitt Smith is on top of the leader board for rushing yards in the big [paid to play] league. But if you were to ask him; He always has to state that in his own words and honesty that Walter Payton was clearly the better player. But time to time when the topic is brought up for "Water cooler talk" on televised debates. Of course the one's who get a nice paycheck are going to drag the topic on and on. And even the specific position of running-back say - Jim Brown is called the greatest to ever play the position by both current and former players. Whether they be the typical starter or practice squad person. I guess fanstasy football statistics has made the majority of 'fans' forget the season was not always the current format of sixteen regular season games. And the rules have changed heavily to benefit the offense too.

I can go on and on about this with my own rhetoric.. After all the game predates what is able to be witnessed on a television screen.

Advertisement
IMO, if Shaq/Pickney wind up balling out in an NFL defense, it's just another illustration of Diaz's D being nothing more than smoke and mirrors.
How so? What about the other players in Manny's defense? I don't think there has been one player from Manny's defense that's better in the pros than they were in college. Joe Jackson, Jaquan, Redwine, Mike Jackson, Willis, none of those guys are making noise in the NFL. If anything, Manny is maximizing his talent on defense.

Advertisement
Back