Serious Question about WQAM

I don't even know what station The Feast is polluting these days but I blame him disirregardless if we're talking whorish frauds. That guy would sellout this program for a $15 gift card to Shake Shack and the promise that you'd put in a good word for him at a Boston radio station.

Advertisement
Why does the University of Miami's flagship station interview fsu's head coach weekly? Why give them time on the radio in SoFla? I highly doubt our instate rivals are calling Richt for a weekly interview.

Because UM has not asked them to stop! UM has never embraced the terms "Football Power" or "Baseball Power" despite their success. ****, UM basically let USF put a **** U on their helmets...the horned U. Hopefully, the views are changing with Frenk....or UM is just modernizing....ex. IPF and such. UM has always focused on academics and academic superstructure. You can do both.........see Duke, where academics are a priority BUT THEY MAKE IT KNOWN THAT THEY ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL! We need to act like a Power to get Power results. A quick phone ends that Jimbo Crap!

You're simple minded. Tell me exactly what UM would say in that conversation that would make an independent entity such as WQAM change their programming?

Also tell me what legal authority UM has to prevent a school like USF from using the logo that they have?

You call them up and say "stop having Jimbo Fisher on your radio station or we'll find ourselves a new "flagship."

Despite what the yoyo's around here are saying, there are far more UM fans in the Miami area than FSU fans, and the programmers know this.

As for USF.... I'm thankfully not a lawyer, but I'm certain that our "U" logo is trademarked. USF's logo is clearly a ripoff of ours, so we would have grounds to fight them over it if we wanted.

Also, you don't always have to win the lawsuit in order to win the war.

I take it your not a businesss minded person, and have never been involved in any endeavor where business acumen is required.

Your response is so naive that I'm going to assume you're still in high school and have never had a real job.

I'll entertain this.

Tell me how having Jimbo Fisher on Miami local radio on a constant basis is in any way good for business, as far as the University of Miami is concerned?

USF's "U" is in the shape of a Bull. Lol at this dude claiming copyright

Nah, what's truly funny is how so many of our "fans" constantly go out of their way to white knight for other teams.

And what's even funnier is how many copyright attorneys we have around here. Half these dudes probably work at a taco stand, but online they want to be experts on US intellectual property law.

Nobody's being a white knight. You fools are just completely misguided. How is that anything like our logo?

We're green and orange.... they're green and gold. We have a "U" on our helmet, they have a "U" on theirs.

Oh but they put little horns on the end of their "U," so that makes it original.

USF's "U" is in the shape of a Bull. Lol at this dude claiming copyright

Nah, what's truly funny is how so many of our "fans" constantly go out of their way to white knight for other teams.

And what's even funnier is how many copyright attorneys we have around here. Half these dudes probably work at a taco stand, but online they want to be experts on US intellectual property law.

Nobody's being a white knight. You fools are just completely misguided. How is that anything like our logo?

We're green and orange.... they're green and gold. We have a "U" on our helmet, they have a "U" on theirs.

Oh but they put little horns on the end of their "U," so that makes it original.

I notice you left the pics of their helmets out of my quote because it showed how stupid your argument really is.

This happens in basically every market across the country.

No big deal.

Just win some ******* games.

Advertisement
This happens in basically every market across the country.

No big deal.

Just win some ******* games.

We still should see if some Georgia area markets would be interested in picking up The Mark Richt Show......once Curby is exposed.

**** them mugs go to the sec media day every year.

Its great hearing about Missipi State on my drive to work like anyone here gives a f.

No reason Jimbo Fisher should have a weekly spot....NO WAY.....but every think UM does is rinky dink or behind the curve.

Outside of football insider Joe Rose, the WQAM morning show sucks. Zach Krantz is a clown who adds nothing to the discussion; he's knowledgeable in nothing.

Romberg is cool, but he hosts with two liberal tools. Can't even listen. Laslo is a jerk and the chick is awful. The talent pool is very shallow in the morning down here; very disappointing in a major market.

Advertisement
PETE STEP UP SIR AND START LOOKING AT GETTING YOURSELF A RADIO/TV GIG I'LL SUPPORT YOU MY *****.

IF WQAM DON'T WANT TO BE "OUR " STATION THEN THEY DON'T NEED "OUR" MONEY...........

Because UM has not asked them to stop! UM has never embraced the terms "Football Power" or "Baseball Power" despite their success. ****, UM basically let USF put a **** U on their helmets...the horned U. Hopefully, the views are changing with Frenk....or UM is just modernizing....ex. IPF and such. UM has always focused on academics and academic superstructure. You can do both.........see Duke, where academics are a priority BUT THEY MAKE IT KNOWN THAT THEY ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL! We need to act like a Power to get Power results. A quick phone ends that Jimbo Crap!

You're simple minded. Tell me exactly what UM would say in that conversation that would make an independent entity such as WQAM change their programming?

Also tell me what legal authority UM has to prevent a school like USF from using the logo that they have?

You call them up and say "stop having Jimbo Fisher on your radio station or we'll find ourselves a new "flagship."

Despite what the yoyo's around here are saying, there are far more UM fans in the Miami area than FSU fans, and the programmers know this.

As for USF.... I'm thankfully not a lawyer, but I'm certain that our "U" logo is trademarked. USF's logo is clearly a ripoff of ours, so we would have grounds to fight them over it if we wanted.

I take it your not a businesss minded person, and have never been involved in any endeavor where business acumen is required.

Your response is so naive that I'm going to assume you're still in high school and have never had a real job.

I'll entertain this.

Tell me how having Jimbo Fisher on Miami local radio on a constant basis is in any way good for business, as far as the University of Miami is concerned?

I'm losing my patience with your lack of comprehension and acumen.

I'll explain this once. After I'm done, go to your room with no dessert for tonight.

It absolutely sucks that WQAM decides to highlight Cuckbo whenever they do, weekly or whatever. But this is not some hillbilly tank town with only one team and a small population base.

Miami has absolutely no power to tell who WQAM can put on their shows. It's not in their contract. WQAM is an independent business entity in the broadcasting business. They exist to make money. The programming they have is to further their economic interests, i.e., increase advertising revenue. So they are **** well going to air whatever programming they see fit.

Miami could storm in to the office and demand they stop airing Cuckbo, screaming and shouting like a petulant child, and threatening to take their business elsewhere. At which point, the radio general manager will wave their contract in Miami's face and tell Miami, "we have a legally binding contract for which we get exclusive broadcasting rights of your games etc in the local market. For that we pay you, Miami, X amount of dollars. You can't take your business elsewhere because you signed a valid contract of your own free will"

I tried to write this so even a ****** could understand this very basic concept,

You have school tomorrow, so go to bed now.

I might suggest you consider taking a basic business course.

Last edited:

I'll entertain this.

I'll explain this once. After I'm done, go to your room with no dessert for tonight.

It absolutely sucks that WQAM decides to highlight Cuckbo whenever they do, weekly or whatever. But this is not some hillbilly tank town with only one team and a small population base.

Miami has absolutely no power to tell who WQAM can put on their shows. It's not in their contract. WQAM is an independent business entity in the broadcasting business. They exist to make money. The programming they have is to further their economic interests, i.e., increase advertising revenue. So they are **** well going to air whatever programming they see fit.

Miami could storm in to the office and demand they stop airing Cuckbo, screaming and shouting like a petulant child, and threatening to take their business elsewhere. At which point, the radio general manager will wave their contract in Miami's face and tell Miami, "we have a legally binding contract for which we get exclusive broadcasting rights of your games etc in the local market. For that we pay you, Miami, X amount of dollars. You can't take your business elsewhere because you signed a valid contract of your own free will"

I tried to write this so even a ****** could understand this very basic concept,

The last contract they had was for 3 years. They just re-signed, presumably for another 3 years. If they had any balls, they wouldn't have resigned without making demands first.

"No Jimbo" should have been in the contract. You want exclusivity from us, we want exclusivity back.

That being said, it's not like Miami's hands are tied - even with a garbage contract in place. Business relationships are much more important than contracts.

Take your scenario... you go in to the office, demand that they stop airing Jimbo. The "radio general manager" tells you to **** off (which he wouldn't, but let's go with it). What do you do then?

You recognize that contract or no, you still have all the leverage. There's only one Miami Hurricanes, but there are a million WQAM's. You tell them that you'll honor the contract but that you're extremely displeased.... that you're going to have your lawyers review the contract to look for an 'out'.... and that even if they can't find one, you have zero intention of renewing the contract in 3 years unless WQAM can be a better partner for the Miami Hurricanes.

And "better partner" means "no Jimbo."

Last edited:

Jesus Christ..... You can't patent or trademark the alphabet. That "U" on USF's helmet look nothing like ours and you'd get laughed out of court.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So can I start a fast food hamburger restaurant and use the letter "M" as my logo?
We're talking football helmets.... Not fast food joints. Look at Packers, UGA & Grambling and get back to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gtown.jpeg uga.gif

Advertisement
I'm a 790 guy, even though 790 isn't as good as it once was. DJ Williams is awesome on 790. Great radio.

I'll entertain this.

The last contract they had was for 3 years. They just re-signed, presumably for another 3 years. If they had any balls, they wouldn't have resigned without making demands first.

"No Jimbo" should have been in the contract. You want exclusivity from us, we want exclusivity back.

That being said, it's not like Miami's hands are tied - even with a garbage contract in place. Business relationships are much more important than contracts.

Take your scenario... you go in to the office, demand that they stop airing Jimbo. The "radio general manager" tells you to **** off (which he wouldn't, but let's go with it). What do you do then?

You recognize that contract or no, you still have all the leverage. There's only one Miami Hurricanes, but there are a million WQAM's. You tell them that you'll honor the contract but that you're extremely displeased.... that you're going to have your lawyers review the contract to look for an 'out'.... and that even if they can't find one, you have zero intention of renewing the contract in 3 years unless WQAM can be a better partner for the Miami Hurricanes.

LOL

Ok chief.

I'll entertain this.

LOL

Ok chief.

I knew you were out of your league when you started on about "and then you get no dessert."

That's usually how people who don't have facts and experience on their side act.

The funny part is that you wanted to get in the last word. And you didn't even get that, in the end. I did.

Advertisement
What is wrong w some of u numb nuts??

If WQAM is supposed to be our "flag ship" station, **** no they shouldn't have a weekly segment w our biggest rival's coach! TF?? And miss me w the whole "we're a diversified city, or we have A lot of FSU alum in So Fla..." bull chit! F that! If you're going to pull that crap, call yourself a Fla Sports Station, not our FLAGSHIP station.

I lived in Chicago and L.A, two of the biggest cities in America; plenty of diversity, and not once did I hear The Bears Flagship station have a weekly segment w GB's coach, at the time, Mike Holmgren or The Laker's Flag Ship station have a weekly convo w Golden State's Coach, at the time, Mark Jackson. Now that I live in the Bay, Stanford's flagship station ain't talking about UCLA or even Cal, and Cal is like 2hrs away from Stanford!!

Did (Do) these stations have rival coaches come on and interview or rival players come on and interview or rival fans call in? Absolutely. Did (Do) they talk about their rivals' games or give updates on other teams? Absolutely....b/c at the end of the day, they are still a sports radio station; but, to just have a weekly segment w their rival team's coach?? **** no! You can't say "flagship" if ur giving the same love to rivals.

I don't even know what station The Feast is polluting these days but I blame him disirregardless if we're talking whorish frauds. That guy would sellout this program for a $15 gift card to Shake Shack and the promise that you'd put in a good word for him at a Boston radio station.

Strong, strong word play w disirregardless!

Cause they are whores.

Momma say to be polite you should call dem hoes, not whores.

My Mom was Italian from Brooklyn, so that polite stuff my Southern father taught me get lost in translation sometimes. I hope I did not offend those honest hard working hookers by associating them with anyone who would talk to Jimbo -- who does know all about hoes.

There's far more FSU alums in south Florida than Miami alums. Maybe, the next time broadcast rights come up for renewal, UM can add a stipulation "no Jimbo interviews" to their contract but it's unlikely.

How do you define South Florida?

Dade Broward and palm Beach

That's 560's audience range.

The numbers I found for FSU are 14,138 for Broward, 11,828 for Dade and 10,669 for Palm Beach. That's about 36-37K. According to UM's website, there are 52,155 UM alumni in Dade County alone (and 93K in Florida).

I'm not going to bother looking up numbers, I'll just assume these are correct. If that's really the case, then where the **** are all these local alums on game day?

It's natural to assume that a school with such a small undergrad population would have far fewer alum than a large public school with almost four times the enrollment. Obviously, this is anecdotal but I only know a handful of UM alumni and I know probably close to a hundred people who went to FSU. Obviously, the cheaper public school is going to have a larger enrollment.

Advertisement
Back