Seems Holley (DT) is gone

Let's just say I went to one that was ranked much higher than Miami's B-school. Finance degrees are a joke. People who want to get into a Finance would generally be better off getting Econ and/or Math degrees.

I'd just say you probably had a weak finance department, because my degree was highly computational and put me into work with many people that graduated from Ivy schools.

I would agree that finance degrees are much better suited as graduate degrees, because you can get and do most finance jobs with a strong accounting background. You could say econ is a joke just as easily, because it is ultimately a social science with only business application.

And, ya know, academic rankings are beyond laughable and have very limited basis in academic rigor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Marketing majors, or as we used to call it "The preferred major of DGs" If you ever spent any kind of time around those ladies, you'd have a lack of respect for that major too. That said, maybe times have changed.....Probably not, but hey.

LOL are you an alum? Marketing was a DG major at Miami for sure. And while overwhelmingly ditzy, at least they were predominantly hot.

LOL are you an alum? Marketing was a DG major at Miami for sure. And while overwhelmingly ditzy, at least they were predominantly hot.
Yes I am, hence how I know. Once I saw that pink shirt with the pattern letters I knew it was game time. You could count on two things back in the day: A DG is most likely a dumbass, except for the one brunette they pledged every year and they were most likely a marketing major. It was like shooting fish in a barrel....

Advertisement
Holley got recruited over, so it isn't that much of a loss, wish him the best.

Cam was starting to get minutes last year, but he badly needed to get stronger. Everytime I saw him on the field he was on the turf buried under an offensive tackle
Exactly lol folks acting like losing Cam was a big loss dude didn’t do nothing here

Advertisement
I'd just say you probably had a weak finance department, because my degree was highly computational and put me into work with many people that graduated from Ivy schools.

I would agree that finance degrees are much better suited as graduate degrees, because you can get and do most finance jobs with a strong accounting background. You could say econ is a joke just as easily, because it is ultimately a social science with only business application.

And, ya know, academic rankings are beyond laughable and have very limited basis in academic rigor.
Econ was highly computational at my school. It was effectively a mathematics-lite degree. And no, our Finance department was not weak at all.

Agree on rankings, but there are some programs (i.e., the Ivy schools and a few select others) that are quite well renowned.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Econ was highly computational at my school. It was effectively a mathematics-lite degree. And no, our Finance department was not weak at all.

Agree on rankings, but there are some programs (i.e., the Ivy schools and a few select others) that are quite well renowned.
Econ is that way at UM, too (or at least it was 2000-2004). Classes like econometrics were legit and many of the 300-level classes required calculus.

Econ is that way at UM, too (or at least it was 2000-2004). Classes like econometrics were legit and many of the 300-level classes required calculus.
If I could go back, I would’ve double majored in Applied Mathematics (did graduate with) and Econ (should’ve).

Advertisement
Back