Seems Holley (DT) is gone

If either of those guys saw the field this year, I'd say we were in a boatload of trouble.

Maybe WIlliams was a minor rotation guy but Holley was just taking up space on the bench.
Williams would have seen lots of burn

Advertisement
Liberal Arts is another one. Business administration is another one that is known for having a lot of "Gut" classes. Now, you will have to take some classes in the sequence that require effort, but you should be able to load up on electives and the like to balance your GPA.
If u are saying Business is easy you know nothing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s a head scratcher that for sure. I gotta believe we hsvdd Ed that support system set up. They have it everywhere. Did it just fail? Who runs that part of the program? Accountability is tough, it has to be enforced at all levels or it fails…

Go Canes!

Accountability, by definition, starts with the person who needs to be accountable for his own outcome. It's college and the football players have more help than anyone else on campus. Go to class and study. If you're struggling, get tutoring and talk to your professor. Academically failing as a football player is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT on the player.

And miss me with the "but they have to take care of football." I always had at least one job in college.

I can’t speak for every school and I was in college a long time ago but if I walked into an undergrad course, specifically one of the early gen Ed courses and the room was full of football players, I knew it was going to be a joke class.

Mostly accurate, but honestly can depend on the professor. Some of those required courses, like world history or art history, etc, can be a pain in the ***. I'd also add that if you weren't a great student in high school, going to a school like Miami and jumping into English or math classes can be pretty difficult.

If u are saying Business is easy you know nothing.
Business degrees are extremely easy to get. Come on man! I have degrees in Economics, Finance and Accounting. The Finance degree was a joke, and the other Business disciplines (i.e., Management, Marketing, etc.) are even easier.

Advertisement
Which majors at UM are "garbage majors" that let you skate? One might be Sports Administration? Others?

Any humanities major not based in critical thinking or math. I'm not saying Miami lets anyone skate, but those aren't exactly the most difficult disciplines at the undergrad level where you're not writing a thesis to graduate.

Business degrees are extremely easy to get. Come on man! I have degrees in Economics, Finance and Accounting. The Finance degree was a joke, and the other Business disciplines (i.e., Management, Marketing, etc.) are even easier.

Where did you get a finance degree from that it was "a joke?"

You clearly didn't take a derivatives class with Thomas Sanders.

Where did you get a finance degree from that it was "a joke?"

You clearly didn't take a derivatives class with Thomas Sanders.
Let's just say I went to one that was ranked much higher than Miami's B-school. Finance degrees are a joke. People who want to get into a Finance would generally be better off getting Econ and/or Math degrees.

Advertisement
Ehhhh... marketing and management are not exactly super difficult disciplines. Finance, accounting and econ are a different story. Basically comes down to how much math is involved.
Marketing majors, or as we used to call it "The preferred major of DGs" If you ever spent any kind of time around those ladies, you'd have a lack of respect for that major too. That said, maybe times have changed.....Probably not, but hey.

Advertisement
Back