Seems Holley (DT) is gone

Trust but verify!
1555234520_8857.gif

Go Canes
My man….tasty

Advertisement
Yea i think so.....but if he posted that one post after telling a guy he is "working to make this a better place", i think we needs to laugh (though i agree the guys post added nothing).
Guys like you would feel that way, predictable. PS - guys like you - try to stir up stuff.

In some of these garbage majors some of these guys take, yes it is true. If you show up, pay attention and turn in the work on time, you stand a good chance of getting a C.
Which majors at UM are "garbage majors" that let you skate? One might be Sports Administration? Others?

Which majors at UM are "garbage majors" that let you skate? One might be Sports Administration? Others?
Liberal Arts is another one. Business administration is another one that is known for having a lot of "Gut" classes. Now, you will have to take some classes in the sequence that require effort, but you should be able to load up on electives and the like to balance your GPA.

Advertisement
Liberal Arts is another one. Business administration is another one that is known for having a lot of "Gut" classes. Now, you will have to take some classes in the sequence that require effort, but you should be able to load up on electives and the like to balance your GPA.

I don’t know about undergrad because my major was chem, but how can you say a business major is easy? I got an MBA and my only relatively easy classes were the management and one or 2 HR type classes, and they weren’t cake either. So I’m sure the undergrad ones require effort.

I don’t know about undergrad because my major was chem, but how can you say a business major is easy? I got an MBA and my only relatively easy classes were the management and one or 2 HR type classes, and they weren’t cake either. So I’m sure the undergrad ones require effort.
If you took any English course with either of the Clasbys between 1998-2002, you would get a C for showing up, a B for paying attention, and an A for turning in work.

Does this mean we are bringing back "Some Canes about to Hit the Portal"? I want to brush up on the controversy about how the Dolphins draft at quarterback or whatever.

Why not?

Look at Rousseau, homegrown and barring Covid we’d only have gotten two good years.

You have to recruit but if we can consistently get one or two years out of nfl caliber talent through the portal we should continue to.
Because consistently using those counters for only one year will eventually catch up to us, especially once we start losing guys to the portal too. it already is showing at DE.

Advertisement
I have an MBA as well(I use that degree, my JD is basically for show in my field of employment), the undergrad classes were cake, according to most of the people I knew in the major. Big difference between undergrad business majors and the ones that go on to get their MBAs. Not an accident that a lot of the fratdaddies and sorostitutes hang out in the business school. I was a double major (Biology/Poli Sci) and was able to take some pretty easy business classes as electives, that counted towards a business management major. Keep in mind, business majors aren't required to take classes like Calc, the science sequence stops pretty much after the intro classes(Most never had to experience the joy of Orgo).

Like I said, there are some classes where you have to grind, but you should be able to wash those classes with some decent electives(Looking at you, Art History, Theatre Arts). Compare that to going for a BS in Bio, or Chem, or a writing intensive course of study like English.

Sociology, education, and anything with the word studies in it.
I forgot about sociology and education. Thanks for the reminder. Lots of cute chicks in the education major, I enjoyed those electives. Will always be appreciative to my roommate, who was in the major and always was down to wingman the girls in his major and give this science nerd a boost.

I have an MBA as well(I use that degree, my JD is basically for show in my field of employment), the undergrad classes were cake, according to most of the people I knew in the major. Big difference between undergrad business majors and the ones that go on to get their MBAs. Not an accident that a lot of the fratdaddies and sorostitutes hang out in the business school. I was a double major (Biology/Poli Sci) and was able to take some pretty easy business classes as electives, that counted towards a business management major. Keep in mind, business majors aren't required to take classes like Calc, the science sequence stops pretty much after the intro classes(Most never had to experience the joy of Orgo).

Like I said, there are some classes where you have to grind, but you should be able to wash those classes with some decent electives(Looking at you, Art History, Theatre Arts). Compare that to going for a BS in Bio, or Chem, or a writing intensive course of study like English.
It must depend on specialty also. I got a BBA in Computer Information Systems and my classes weren't a cakewalk. The general ed electives were, but that's true to any degree that requires the humanities electives you mention, including a BS in Bio or Chem.

Advertisement
If you took any English course with either of the Clasbys between 1998-2002, you would get a C for showing up, a B for paying attention, and an A for turning in work.

I graduated before that. Even if I hadn’t, I never paid attention to my professors’ names. There’s one guy’s name that stuck with me if you can believe it, René Sacasas in business law. My brain is wired differently. I remember stuff that has an impact or that I really like. Not that I really didn’t like other classes, but the professors were just a means to an end for me. For some reason one of the other classes that really made an impact on me, it was something that was so new to me, was organizational behavior, it was such a new topic to me and so revealing.

Last edited:
It must depend on specialty also. I got a BBA in Computer Information Systems and my classes weren't a cakewalk. The general ed electives were, but that's true to any degree that requires the humanities electives you mention, including a BS in Bio or Chem.
Computer Info Systems isn't easy(I had a friend that ran track, and majored in that, dude was a whiz), I'm talking about the general business management major. When you start specializing, especially in tech, that's when it gets hairy. I'm quite sure you had to take things like Calc and the like. Yes, we all had to take humanities to fulfill requirements, but when your major doesn't require you to take secondary level sciences or math, and you can skate with things like college algebra that's a huge step. Keep in mind, they actually instituted a "Business Math" course, that counted towards the degree. I had a roommate take it as an elective, he came back laughing after the first day. I mean straight up laughing at how absurdly easy the course was going to be. I'm quite sure he didn't even take the textbook out of the plastic, skipped class often and still got an A.

Advertisement
In some of these garbage majors some of these guys take, yes it is true. If you show up, pay attention and turn in the work on time, you stand a good chance of getting a C.
I can’t speak for every school and I was in college a long time ago but if I walked into an undergrad course, specifically one of the early gen Ed courses and the room was full of football players, I knew it was going to be a joke class.

Advertisement
Back