Sean Taylor

Advertisement
Bottom line, 2 of the best 5 ever played at the U. Hard to separate the top guys. Ronnie Lott was pretty good. LOL.

There's just never really been anyone like him, including Lott. You had a safety who hit like a LB, covered like a corner, had tremendous range and speed, and had football smarts. He had a non-stop motor and was ferocious.

Easily the best athlete that has ever come through UM and would have been one of the all-time greats at safety in the NFL.

Without question Sean would have retired as the best Safety in the history of football. He was that good, and his trajectory was that high. Not saying this because he's gone....I truly believe it. The best Safety to ever play the game. He was literally born to play Safety.

It's amazing how many recruits from across the country still associate Sean Taylor with Miami. He died when guys like DJ Johnson and Avantae Williams were little kids, but he's still first name they mention.

His legend is living on.

Santana Moss was the reason I initially started following Miami, but it was ST26 and then Devin Hester that made me go against my whole state (grew up in Nebraska) and fall in love with Miami. Friends hated me for rooting for the U but I didnt care because of ST and then Hester.

RIP to what would've been the GOAT Safety

Advertisement
I still find myself just watching youtube highlights of him all the time. I honestly don't imagine anyone topping him as my favorite player, in any sport, ever.

I was only 12 year old but I still fondly remember going crazy watching him basically beat FSU by himself in 2003.

I do the exact same. I also remember begging my junior high coaches and then high school coaches to allow me to wear that orange Oakley visor and our colors were green/black/white

I think Taylor and Reed two of the greatest to ever play.But their games were different Taylor or Lott would change the game with physically dominating you.Where Reed would make a huge game changing into or fumble recovery for to Both dominated just in different ways. Imop

Sean Taylor was my favorite Cane for many reasons. Dude just played hard, worked hard, and kept his mouth shut. You never heard anything bad about the man! What a great man and what a shame he wasn't able to be around longer. RIP Sean Taylor. You are missed by many!

Advertisement
Back