Sean Taylor

ST along with Bo Jackson are two players I wish we could have had the chance to see their careers play out. Truly once in a generation talents.

What was so unique about Sean was not only his out of this world physical talents, but he had such a knack for understanding the game of football on top of having that alpha, super competitive dog attitude. To have that combination is just something so rare to see.

Such a shame his time was taken from him and his family, he will always be the GOAT in my mind.

Advertisement
Hate to bring up a Nole in this thread, but I think Derwin James is pretty **** good. One of the best I have ever seen...the way I´d rank him he comes just after Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Bubba McDowell, Bennie Blades, Darryl Williams, Kenny Phillips, Fred Marion, Burgess Owens, Tremain Mack, Brandon Merriweather, Al Blades, Deon Bush, Jaquan Johnson, Kenny Berry, Hurlie Brown, Charles Pharms, James Lewis, Earl Little, Selwyn Brown, Randy Phillips, Mo Sykes, Jamal Carter, Rayshawn Jenkins, Vaughn Telemaque, Tervaris Johnson, Anthony Reddick, Lovon Ponder and Jovonny Ward. But very good in his own right.

Last edited:
You see a lot of grown NFL men and studs crying on his football life and talking like he was their hero

Advertisement
Threads about ST are always welcome. They're some great tribute vids out there. Should be required viewing for all young football players.

I don't know if he was the greatest safety at UM of all time.

But I do believe he has to be in the conversation of greatest athletes of all time.

I think Taylor could have excelled at any number of positions.

I have never seen another safety dominate a game the way Sean Taylor did...not even close. He is the most dominant defensive player I've seen not name Lawrence Taylor.

Ive seen Reed dominate several games like that. ST was a freak though.

Advertisement
Still remember first time seeing in person...Spring game 2002 at the Orange bowl (after the National Champ), I thought I was looking at a football god, he was so impressive, him and winslow was physically dominant . My #1 UM all time greats

Winslow is my favorite Cane of all time .. Mostly mentality but was also so dominant ... Of Course Sean Taylor is right there with him .. I was in high school when Taylor died and I litterally cried during school and wasn't even embarrassed about it ... I'm sure you all understand .. I honest to god think .. And it's not being biased .. I truly think Sean Taylor would've been the greatest PLAYER of all time .. Not just safety .. He was the greatest of all time and I , along with all of yall .. Still get very very upset about what happend ... It still hurts really bad ..

I remember playing gulliver prep. our team kept seeing this #1 jersey run the ball, playing defense, special teams. we was trying to figure out, "who the **** is this #1 ?"coach look at us and said "Thats Sean Taylor, hes going to UM".

that game let me know what a ******* beast his was.

Advertisement
Ed Reed still gets my vote for best Safety here at Miami. But it is amazing that Sean Taylor is still timeless. He played so long ago for these kids to remember but is still relevant. Can't replace the guy but the tape of Avante Williams had me having visions of Taylor. A kid like that if he develops I would want to wear the #26 . A number that carries a lot of weight and responsibility. An honor for a kid to wear when the player is thought to be worthy.

Agree entirely.

Odd no one wants 20

Legends never die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Reed still gets my vote for best Safety here at Miami. But it is amazing that Sean Taylor is still timeless. He played so long ago for these kids to remember but is still relevant. Can't replace the guy but the tape of Avante Williams had me having visions of Taylor. A kid like that if he develops I would want to wear the #26 . A number that carries a lot of weight and responsibility. An honor for a kid to wear when the player is thought to be worthy.

Agree entirely.

Odd no one wants 20

Real crazy... I'll never in my right mind diminish what St meant to canes... But that boy #20 .....****!!!!!

Advertisement
By the way.. The fact that Ed or Sean never won the best db award from 00-03 is downright bull****

Advertisement
Back