Sean Taylor

Advertisement
I cant think of a single player with a similar draw of Sean Taylor at Miami.

I think a lot that has to do with the way he matched the persona/perception of the U. Backyard bone crushing football man.

Jerome Brown. And, also ******* tragic. Could have been a hall of famer, as he was already a 2x ALL-PRO and only 27 when he died.

Basically, if you don't already, any chance you get, share that viral video of him laying out the punter in the Pro Bowl.

The new kids love that ****, as they should.

LOL. First thing that popped in my mind. Only Sean Taylor!

Ray Lewis has a name. Mike Irvin also. in the Midwest the kids like Jeremy Shockey and his success at the U nd the NFL.

Advertisement
Have had multiple offers to buy his jersey right off my back at various games over the years and will likely have many more.

My answer has been and always will be...

YOU MUST BE OUT YOUR COT**** MIND!

Does anyone remember his recruitment? How many stars? When was he offered (grade)? I wonder who were his top 3 and did he ever waiver?

Just watching some highlights...how many hours a week do you think ST spent practicing scooping fumbles on the run? Cause he had that **** down.

Advertisement
Does anyone remember his recruitment? How many stars? When was he offered (grade)? I wonder who were his top 3 and did he ever waiver?

Sean's top three were Miami, Clemson and Iowa State. He was a three-star recruit but got an increasing amount of attention (including from UM) in part because Buck Ortega was a 4-star (QB MVP of Miami's summer camp). He transferred into Gulliver from Killian, so part of the concern may have been academics. His 44-TD senior year definitely got him more attention late, but not sure what other major offers he had, or which schools saw him as a DB vs. as an RB. The Gulliver coaching staff at the time had never dealt with major recruits and major colleges before and bungled the recruitment of a few other guys on the team, so they probably didn't do Sean any favors in that sense either.

Arguably my favorite football player ever. For me he's the type of player that transcends rivalries, any time I watched him I was in awe. I was live at the 03' game for the comeback and saw him in person and I've never seen a better athlete. So ******* tragic.

Sean's top three were Miami, Clemson and Iowa State. He was a three-star recruit but got an increasing amount of attention (including from UM) in part because Buck Ortega was a 4-star (QB MVP of Miami's summer camp). He transferred into Gulliver from Killian, so part of the concern may have been academics. His 44-TD senior year definitely got him more attention late, but not sure what other major offers he had, or which schools saw him as a DB vs. as an RB. The Gulliver coaching staff at the time had never dealt with major recruits and major colleges before and bungled the recruitment of a few other guys on the team, so they probably didn't do Sean any favors in that sense either.

In today's crazy recruiting environment he'd be the first 6 star player. I saw him live in high school and I have never seen a player that good. Period.

True story about Sean Taylor. I was playing ball on a Saturday morning at Suniland Park. Sean Taylor showed up a little late and jumped in a full court game with a bunch of High School kids on the other court. At that time, Sean was already playing for the Redskins. What stood out to me about Sean was how competitive he was against these kids. You would think he would take it is easy on them but it was the contrary. He was putting max effort to win the game. Maybe to him it wasn't much effort. He was calling fouls, arguing calls, really hustling to win. Needless to say, none of the kids argued with him. Sean was a little rusty but his athletic skills were on another level.

Shameful name drop, but I had the privilege of playing games at Suniland Park with Tim Hardaway (retired), Tim Hardaway Jr. (he was in High School), Carlos Arroyo (while with the Heat), and Weatherspoon (former Heat player). I have seen a couple Cane players and coaches visit the Suniland Pop Warner league throughout the years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
True story about Sean Taylor. I was playing ball on a Saturday morning at Suniland Park. Sean Taylor showed up a little late and jumped in a full court game with a bunch of High School kids on the other court. At that time, Sean was already playing for the Redskins. What stood out to me about Sean was how competitive he was against these kids. You would think he would take it is easy on them but it was the contrary. He was putting max effort to win the game. Maybe to him it wasn't much effort. He was calling fouls, arguing calls, really hustling to win. Needless to say, none of the kids argued with him. Sean was a little rusty but his athletic skills were on another level.

Shameful name drop, but I had the privilege of playing games at Suniland Park with Tim Hardaway (retired), Tim Hardaway Jr. (he was in High School), Carlos Arroyo (while with the Heat), and Weatherspoon (former Heat player). I have seen a couple Cane players and coaches visit the Suniland Pop Warner league throughout the years.

Cool story bro. JK. That's actually a cool story

Sean-Taylor-Destroys-a-Punter_STACK.gif

They've restricted my upvoting rights but consider this an upvote Ser Ibis of Wings

Great story...thanks for sharing. Not all that surprising that he played against those kids with that kind of intensity. When you are an alpha it's tough to turn those competitive juices off.

Hurracanes, you must have legit skills if you were ballin with the likes of the names you just rattled off...respect.

Advertisement
I can't stop watching that hit on the punter. Really love that Cane. Still have the FSU rain game taped on VHS. The only reason I still own a VCR lol. I still hold contempt for ESPN's Mike Wilbon for that ish he said the morning ST's murder was reported. If I see him, I vow to make him apologize or I'm putting my freedom on the line.

Great story...thanks for sharing. Not all that surprising that he played against those kids with that kind of intensity. When you are an alpha it's tough to turn those competitive juices off.

Hurracanes, you must have legit skills if you were ballin with the likes of the names you just rattled off...respect.

LoL. I'm not anything special but I enjoy playing. I been playing with the same group of guys since High School so we click well together.

A lot of famous athletes and Heat players live in the Pinecrest area, so I got lucky playing those guys because they decided to play a pick up game that day. Carlos Arroyo was by far the most impressive player I ever played against. He was making people look stupid. I certainly couldn't stop him, but did score 3 points on him and blocked his fade once but who's counting? ;) He obviously wasn't putting much effort. It goes to show you how insanely good a mediocre player in the NBA is in real life.

Last edited:
I can't stop watching that hit on the punter. Really love that Cane. Still have the FSU rain game taped on VHS. The only reason I still own a VCR lol. I still hold contempt for ESPN's Mike Wilbon for that ish he said the morning ST's murder was reported. If I see him, I vow to make him apologize or I'm putting my freedom on the line.

tumblr_inline_mkprsowice1rrpsd7.gif

Advertisement
Back