Sean Taylor

Dang man who started cutting onions in the thread.

How can anyone ever forget this guy. He was your Favorite Football Player's Favorite Football Player.

Ugggggg

Advertisement
First time I saw Sean Taylor was when Gulliver played Chaminade in the playoffs. It was like watching Godzilla in Tokyo...

It's amazing how many recruits from across the country still associate Sean Taylor with Miami. He died when guys like DJ Johnson and Avantae Williams were little kids, but he's still first name they mention.

His legend is living on.

Landon Collins did too.

Some kids are meant to be Canes. Some kids want to be Canes no matter what.

I live in Knoxville. Listen to way too much local radio, but the benefit of it is that they actually have a lot of ex-Tennessee players. I will never forget the moment that Fred White and another guy who used to play in their secondary started talking about the best players of all time at their position. They mentioned a few safeties, guys no one would have a problem with including among the all-time greats. Lott, Reed and so on.

Then one of them said "Sean Taylor." And it got dead silent for about 10 seconds. It was clear they were trying to find the words to describe him and couldn't. He was that good, that impactful and that big of a loss that these guys who talked for 2-3 hours in a row as their day job lost the ability to speak. Fred White finally said, "He change the game man. Changed the game."

Then they just went to break.

Advertisement
That game against FSU in 2003.... I mean wow still gives me chills to watch....ST single handily made FSU offensive scheme go to crap

Chris Rix was shook the whole game because he was constantly having to look for #26 . He was one of those rare players that offenses had to try to scheme around but couldnt

That INT return was a thing of beauty

sean-taylor-hit-o.gif

sean-taylor-hit-o.gif

It's amazing how many recruits from across the country still associate Sean Taylor with Miami. He died when guys like DJ Johnson and Avantae Williams were little kids, but he's still first name they mention.

His legend is living on.[/QUOTE
i know his whole family personally out of homestead. his dad is chief of police works with my cousin
who is assistant mayor of florida city fl. same with kimbo slice and trick daddy, like i said before in one of my threads
football is serious down south i have family their and i use to live down there. thats why people remember because who
he was and where he came from.

First time I saw Sean Taylor was when Gulliver played Chaminade in the playoffs. It was like watching Godzilla in Tokyo...

Saw that game too. Chaminade had just destroyed us the week prior. I thought they were BAD MOTHER F'Rs. Then I saw Sean Taylor literally take their manhood. Players were limping left and right after he'd hit them. Never seen a football player dominate a level more.

Advertisement
There have been so many great players over the years (for Miami and other schools), but ST26 represents to me what Miami football is all about more than any player I can think of represents his team.

I live in Knoxville. Listen to way too much local radio, but the benefit of it is that they actually have a lot of ex-Tennessee players. I will never forget the moment that Fred White and another guy who used to play in their secondary started talking about the best players of all time at their position. They mentioned a few safeties, guys no one would have a problem with including among the all-time greats. Lott, Reed and so on.

Then one of them said "Sean Taylor." And it got dead silent for about 10 seconds. It was clear they were trying to find the words to describe him and couldn't. He was that good, that impactful and that big of a loss that these guys who talked for 2-3 hours in a row as their day job lost the ability to speak. Fred White finally said, "He change the game man. Changed the game."

Then they just went to break.

I seem to remember Sean knocking Witten out of the UT game on a helmet-to-sternum hit, but can't find video anywhere. Do you recall?

To the earlier gif of PK Sam, I thought Sean had killed him. Sam should have gone straight to Rix's *** for leading him into that hit. Man I miss Rix.

He and Ronnie Lott my favorite safeties to ever play, and I love ed reed, but he could not fill a hole like those two, running backs **** themselves when they saw those two....

Advertisement
I remember watching Sean Taylor's first game as a Redskin - it was a pre season game. He INT a pass for a TD like it was nothing. Was an unreal play too.

3:55 mark - lol @ the DC's reaction

[video=youtube;OzDrckoPKqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzDrckoPKqM[/video]

Last edited:
My favorite player of all time as well. I started following the Canes a lot right around the 01-02 season - and he was a big reason. I actually bought a Redskins Taylor jersey on Ebay just yesterday to add to the 2 other Taylor jersey's I have.

Advertisement
I love Ed Reed, probably my favorite Cane of all time along with Jerome Brown. But, ST's performance against FSU in the rain may be the greatest single game performance I have ever seen by a Cane.

I have never seen another safety dominate a game the way Sean Taylor did...not even close. He is the most dominant defensive player I've seen not name Lawrence Taylor.

Would've been the greatest safety all time easily its just so tragic

And if he´d played CB, he would have been a HoF CB. Could have been the best LB to ever play the game if he had chosen to play there. Would probably have made a pretty servicable RB, TE or WR too. All time favorite player. And the most talented I have ever seen or ever will.

Anyone can put a killshot on a punter or a defenseless receiver. ST put the fear of god in grown men RBs running at him and bracing for the collision. LOL at 1.45:

[video=youtube;GY-zMRaDtPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GY-zMRaDtPg[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back