Scrimmage take...

Maybe its Richt's dumb offense that is limiting these QBs, because so far every QB has been trash.

Rosier- can't seem to figure it out (won't blame Richt here cause Rosier just might not have the talent to play at a P5 school)

Allison - recruited by Golden, but kept by Richt. Supposedly sucked and transferred to WVU (coaches are raving about him there)

Perry - was Mark and Jon Richt's "guy", but he can't beat out ****** ****** Rosier

Williams - too soon to know

If we look bad again on offense this year, its time to hire an OC[/QUOTE]

I've been raising **** about hiring an Offensive Coordinator since Richt got here!

I've been saying, it's no good - our offense is so simple and if I may - predictable while being very limited. Others - 'oh, Richt wants to call plays', Richt was good at FSU,' Richt wasn't happy NOT calling plays at Georgia,' 'well, he's just a bit rusty.' B.S.

I know he's teaching technique. But ****'s bell's - there's no zip - no playing to a QB's strengths/weaknesses - and it's all as flat as his emotions on the sidelines.

We need a real Offensive Coordinator - and I don't give a happy **it what Richt saw Jimbo doing. Richt isn't up to it NOW. Richt needs to be the Head Coach and knock off this Offensive Play Calling BS.

Advertisement
dont say it too loud..i said it during the season and the richt rovers was sending shots at my head.

Any one who really knows offense...knows that we really dont utilize our guys to full potential or put defenses ont heir heels.

your idea for creativity cannot just be a bubble screen. Was really hoping we brought in an offensive guy for another edge on offense because for the most part...aint no one bringing in new ideas..the main guys are richt disciples or his son

Some people on this board get absolutely infantile at anything negative being said. I guess it feels better to pretend everything's perfect to people who can't deal with reality.

Using NFL QB comparisons only for traits - Marino, Manning, Brady. Not the most physically gifted but highly intelligent students of the game, quick decision makers, accurate, and decent arms - except Marino's arm. In contrast, Elway and Favre - gifted physical specimens, cannon arms, gunslinger mentality, smart enough to find the open receiver - usually after extending the play. All were successful in their own right but which type would you rather have?

What’s being asked that the QBs aren’t good at?

Having not seen the scrimmage and going off of last year, Richt asked Rosier to throw slants and bubbles based on 1 read. It can’t get much simpler than that. We left an easy 3-6 completions on the field last year in every game.

The fact is Rosier (and maybe Perry) can’t make basic throws. It’s extremely difficult to run an offense with that limitation.

Fair points.

Some people on this board get absolutely infantile at anything negative being said. I guess it feels better to pretend everything's perfect to people who can't deal with reality.

we came from grassy so we know better. Alot of these dudes swamped over from the rivals board or are new millenials.

I like Richt as the HC. Im ho hum on him as an OC. This is before he came here...his offense has always been too simple for my liking. If your running that You better be recruiting top of the line athletes on those lines or skill spots. We still aint getting them to that level ont he line yet.

Advertisement
dont say it too loud..i said it during the season and the richt rovers was sending shots at my head.

Any one who really knows offense...knows that we really dont utilize our guys to full potential or put defenses ont heir heels.

your idea for creativity cannot just be a bubble screen. Was really hoping we brought in an offensive guy for another edge on offense because for the most part...aint no one bringing in new ideas..the main guys are richt disciples or his son
Could it be that Richt had to keep the offense so vanilla because that's all his starting QB could handle? Trying to give him every opportunity to succeed with easy throws. Tried to play the offense to his "strengths"?

Lingard tape was average. playing against white boys and didnt even look fast. ran high as **** too with no moves.

All due respect, saying this in the nicest possible way, you are overthinking a meh first scrimmage. Over-analysis. As in, they got a lot of shlt to work on. Now if this is how it’s looking scrimmage 3. I’ll buy in more. Also, no credi to the D?

The Perry prep stuff...who knows? Time will tell. Could be bs could be true. I’m not buying until I see more.

Sorry, but too early to take seriously.

I don't need that much time to figure something out. Golden's first game at UM - I knew we were screwed. By the end of his third game - I started calling for what he was - and caught a lot of crap.

Coach Macho isn't doing anything but report what he's seeing - and it's not just mechanics I'd imagine - he's looking at effort, enthusiasm, heart, and skill.

He also qualified everything he's seeing as RIGHT NOW.

Advertisement
Lingard tape was average. playing against white boys and didnt even look fast. ran high as **** too with no moves.
Quit hating, sound dumb as ****. Did he have a standout day? No but he still has some elite speed (10.70 100m) and size. He has impressed in the other practices. He has flaws he has to work on just like anybody else. This is his first spring and will be even better in the fall

i aint hating bruh we always hear of freshman making noise (RBS), remeber the buzz around duke? i remember walton and yearby turning heards freshman year....LO is way overrated
What are you talking about, he has received praise from coaches and players throughout spring. Quit fishing for something that isn’t there

Advertisement
Definitely overreacting about Lo. Walton made big strides every year he was here. Lo will have some great runs in garbage time and flash and he’ll get better every year. Future is bright

Dmoney posted that both Rosier and Perry missed open guys multiple times. Richt isn’t Lincoln Riley but if our QBs can make the easy throws to open guys we’ll be lighting up the scoreboard. Our problem right now is execution, not creativity.

Why can’t execution and creativity be both part of the problem? To be fair, every Offense and Defense biggest problem is execution. That’s a lazy excuse to justify the simplicity of our play calling and Offensive scheme the last 3 years. I guarantee Urkel is opening it up far more than us at FSU and you can’t tell me they don’t have their issues on Offense. Or what’s his face in Florida. This is Year 3 under Richt, if he doesn’t make many scheme changes (which I doubt) then it’s Groundhogs Day in Miami. If we don’t have the QB to make accurate throws or a line who can block then it’s up to the staff to think outside the box and figure it out.

i aint hating bruh we always hear of freshman making noise (RBS), remeber the buzz around duke? i remember walton and yearby turning heards freshman year....LO is way overrated

Too early for that kind of talk.

At least wait until the spring game before going that far.

I get that elite backs (With Lo’s billing) flash early....but let it play out.

Advertisement

Mann listen. I'm going to be on Richt's *** this year about the play calling. I think enough people have seen me post know how patient I was about the offense/playcalling because I wanted to at least give Richt time to recruit. Well it been 3 classes to recruit OL including 2 hand selected QBs, loaded blue chips at RB and WR so no excuses.

Yo son, your avi gets me every time! “I’m da best in the nation!” Classic

Thanks for the summary. Did Choc or Burns get the rock?
IF any one has a link to that video, please post. I can't find anywhere. Seen it, but now cannot find. Thanks.

Mann listen. I'm going to be on Richt's *** this year about the play calling. I think enough people have seen me post know how patient I was about the offense/playcalling because I wanted to at least give Richt time to recruit. Well it been 3 classes to recruit OL including 2 hand selected QBs, loaded blue chips at RB and WR so no excuses.
He needs 5 classes. It is very difficult to turn it around to NC level with 3 classes, considering where we were. I think they are on their way though.

Advertisement
Back