Scrimmage take...

Jarren did not go solely with the 2s. He went with the 2s and 3s. while Rosier and Perry went 1s and 2s.
Jarren has two sets of stats - one with the 2s 6/8 86 yds 2TD

He has separate stats for the 7v7 5/8 71 yards

Its pretty clear in the write ups.

Rosier and Perry went with both 1s and 2s and their stats are the compilation of the two. Haven't seen anywhere that it's been made public which part is the 1s and which part is the 2s. Maybe they didn't even keep track like that.

Advertisement
Is Lingard suppose to have wiggle like Duke Johnson?? His strengths far out weigh his weaknesses... he's just a freshman the game is still coming at him fast, once he settles down he'll be able to make those snap decisions quicker... like do I try to juke this defender or run his *** over.

Can’t coach wiggle and footspeed.

RB is the most natural/Instinctual position on the field. That’s why so many college freshmen and rookies (NFL) produce early.

Lo can be good here...but the comments about him getting tackled one on one (several times) should be concerning. For now we can chalk it up to first scrimmage jitters/nerves.

I'll chalk it up to thinking to much, because you know this is like his 7 practice and an EE. RB is a natural instinct position but you can for sure teach short area burst...

RB is the most natural/Instinctual position on the field. That’s why so many college freshmen and rookies (NFL) produce early.

Lo can be good here...but the comments about him getting tackled one on one (several times) should be concerning. For now we can chalk it up to first scrimmage jitters/nerves.

And possibly a weak second string OL not giving him any blocks

The other school Perry heavily considered was Louisville and at the time I mentioned that his style seemed to fit them better.

The more we hear/see of him I believe it's just not a good scheme fit, Richts system isn't designed for a QB to be creative or improvise. It's based on understanding and mastering his pro style system. Processing information and making pre snap reads. Richt would like the QB to be able to make a play with his legs if things breakdown but not dance around in the backfield.

It's Still early, so Perry may develop and continue to understand Richts system better. But he wasn't studying how to be QB until he got here so it's not that he can't eventually fit the system, it just going to take a lot longer than we all want.

It does seem Williams came into camp with a lot of knowledge and working with a QB coach in Georgia obviously helped him. So I won't be surprised if he grasps the system before Nkosi does.

100% agree with you.

Advertisement
The point is he’s a EE freshmen with his first meaningless carries ... probably thinking too much and needs to work on his vision.

There’s plenty that you can coach with running backs, like running lower, using your arms, running with better balance, teaching patience, waiting on blockers sometimes, all things that take coaching time and experience.

Lingard may not get a ton of carries this year anyway. He may flash a few times during the season, but personally, I’m not expecting anything major from him until next year. Barring injury, I’m seeing Homer and Dallas getting most of the carries this year.

Ridiculous to call this a disappointment because he showed some flaws.

Pointing out the flaws is fine, thinking the flaws defines him or his future here is completely retarded.

This!!!

The point is he’s a EE freshmen with his first meaningless carries ... probably thinking too much and needs to work on his vision.

There’s plenty that you can coach with running backs, like running lower, using your arms, running with better balance, teaching patience, waiting on blockers sometimes, all things that take coaching time and experience.

Lingard may not get a ton of carries this year anyway. He may flash a few times during the season, but personally, I’m not expecting anything major from him until next year. Barring injury, I’m seeing Homer and Dallas getting most of the carries this year.

Pointing out the flaws is fine, thinking the flaws defines him or his future here is completely retarded.

Thank you, crazy to think Lingard was going to blow everyone away in his first scrimmage.

I expect a Frank Gore like freshman year.

Advertisement
Perry hasn't been on campus for a full calendar year. Some are late bloomers and I hope he sticks around. Not saying Rosier is anything out of this world, but it took him 3 years in college to be a starter. And like I said, he is not great but he did go 11-0 his first 11 starts. Would have been 12-0 is the Arkansas state game wouldn't have been canceled.

Rosier came in as a baseball player lol and no expectations from the fan base. I'm still willing to give Perry the benefit of the doubt and a little more time. It also doesn't help that Richts system sucks

LOL

One spring scrimmage.

A couple of carries.

So now a five star Mr. Florida Football that any school in the country would have killed to have doesn’t have enough “wiggle”, goes down too easy, and is already a disappointment. Even though technically, he should still be in high school.

I mean, fūck it, let’s not even bother to coach him, let’s get him off the nutrition and strength program.

Waiting to hear when he should go ahead and transfer.

Only on CIS.

Crazy right...

No coach opens the playbook in the Spring. And why would Richt do it if these QBs can’t make simple throws to wide open guys according to reports? Smh

Like one poster said it’s refreshing to see the DL dominating. That’s a great sign. It will be the best DL our OL will face all season

Open the playbook? What playbook? Our offense last year was about as creative as a 6 year old with a box of crayons.

Advertisement
Remember the LSU QB Harris who had all the same physical ability as Perry who was horrible there then even worse at UNC? Just because you have good physical skills as a QB doesn’t mean you’ll succeed at this level.

I can accept Perry’s struggles last year as a true freshmans late enrollee. But to see him still flailing and passing at 40% is concerning.

The truly exceptional college QBs always flash early. They might not be great early, but they flash. Haven’t heard about or seen any of that from Perry after a year in the system.

I think that's another example of recruiting someone who doesn't fit your style of Offence. LSU was trying to run a pro style O with a scrambling Qb and Harris was screwed because of it. its almost as if you are trying to teach them to stop using their greatest attribute. By the time he got to UNC that poor kid didn't know what he was.

Richt is going to have to look at what Bill O'Brien did with D. Watson this year and change the play calling to utilize Perrys skill set. Otherwise he's a long term project IMO

Williams suits the style Richt runs better. But I doubt he's ready for LSU.

Maybe its Richt's dumb offense that is limiting these QBs, because so far every QB has been trash.

Rosier- can't seem to figure it out (won't blame Richt here cause Rosier just might not have the talent to play at a P5 school)

Allison - recruited by Golden, but kept by Richt. Supposedly sucked and transferred to WVU (coaches are raving about him there)

Perry - was Mark and Jon Richt's "guy", but he can't beat out ****** ****** Rosier

Williams - too soon to know

If we look bad again on offense this year, its time to hire an OC
I thought KD would have been the KILLER hire to help on offense, mentioned it here and was hammered for it. Seems to be a shytload of "high school Harry's" on this board. KD knows as much about scoring points as MR Jr or Sr

Advertisement
Remember the LSU QB Harris who had all the same physical ability as Perry who was horrible there then even worse at UNC? Just because you have good physical skills as a QB doesn’t mean you’ll succeed at this level.

I can accept Perry’s struggles last year as a true freshmans late enrollee. But to see him still flailing and passing at 40% is concerning.

The truly exceptional college QBs always flash early. They might not be great early, but they flash. Haven’t heard about or seen any of that from Perry after a year in the system.

I agree with you on all points, Chise.

Physically-gifted QBs rarely turn out elite. I was living in Chicago and saw Brady Quinn up close. Was one of the most impressively built QBs I've ever seen in person along with John Elway. But Brady was *** as a passing QB. Same with Tebow - built like a LB, and played QB like a LB, too - which is why he ultimately sucked outside of Urban's system.

The best QBs are the worst physical specimens as football players, but their eliteness is between their ears and whichever arm they throw from. And their ability to make good, fast decisions and throw the ball accurately is something they flash early - it just gets honed as they go along.

Perry put up great stats in high school, but he was not groomed for the pro style offense like Jarren has. Perry was much more raw coming out of high school. That said, he should be farther along at this point and making Rosier sweat for his position.

Only a matter before Jarren is our guy. I hope he continues to improve.

I think Macho says something that some dont wanna hear - Richt, no doubt has a really good track record as an offensive coach/mind but I dont disagree that we/he could use some fresh ideas and concepts in terms of concepts and play-calling

dont say it too loud..i said it during the season and the richt rovers was sending shots at my head.

Any one who really knows offense...knows that we really dont utilize our guys to full potential or put defenses ont heir heels.

your idea for creativity cannot just be a bubble screen. Was really hoping we brought in an offensive guy for another edge on offense because for the most part...aint no one bringing in new ideas..the main guys are richt disciples or his son

Its Lingards first scrimmage! DJ Dallas just said the other day that he himself had to get used to doing things without having to think while doing it. When you have to think about what you're going to do and if you're doing it right then of course you're not going to be the best version of you. Panicking about his first scrimmage... He will be great here

Is he still not a true freshman?. Yall actin like this is the kids 3rd year. Its the first spring scrimmage of his FRESHMAN year...who gives a f..richt is starting Rosier regardless.

Advertisement
Back