Scrimmage take...

The posts on here blaming the running game for Rosier's failures cant be real, can they?

There is just no way anyone can't see how other teams started stacking the box begging us to beat them throwing.

Malik threw it THIRTY FOUR times against Pitt. Why?

Because it was what the defensive alignments called for.

Of those 34 passes he only completed 15. Short outs, screen passes, crossing patterns, over the top...pass after pass after pass after pass he missed on. Won't get into the additional dozen times he "ran" the ball that game.

Our running backs got a total of 10 carries the entire four quarters.

Blaming the lack of a running game?

You've got to be kidding me.
You better believe it

Advertisement
Advertisement
You guys are deluding yourselves into thinking that our only issue last year with the offense was QB play.
The OL was a big factor too. But they did pretty well pass blocking. It was run blocking that was the problem last year. This year we're losing our weakest link on the OL - Darling. WE ******* better hope Tyree St Louis steps his *** up in the run blocking deparment. He was bad at it last year (but a good pass blocker). Actually all our guys got beat int he run game. Donaldson will probably end up our best Run blocker. Our OL is actually the most important thing heading into this season imo. If they step their asses up, it really doesn't matter who our QB is - we will win another 10 (just another reason theres no benefit to having Rosier).

This yr, TE will likely take a step back since Irvin isn't nearly as good as Herndon, and the Freshman as good as they are, are just freshman. They will be great for freshman. But at Miami we got high standards for TEs, so I expect them to be average at best this year.

And I think what we are going to find is that Travis Homer is better than Mark Walton. He's definitely more explosive/athletic. I'm not 100% sold he's a better runner yet, But I think he will be this yr. Our RBs as a group have more talent than we've had in a long *** time. WR is ******* loaded too. Richards, Thomas, all these freshman, and Cager looks like he's stepping up.

The OL was a big factor too. But they did pretty well pass blocking. It was run blocking that was the problem last year. This year we're losing our weakest link on the OL - Darling. WE ******* better hope Tyree St Louis steps his *** up in the run blocking deparment. He was bad at it last year (but a good pass blocker). Actually all our guys got beat int he run game. Donaldson will probably end up our best Run blocker. Our OL is actually the most important thing heading into this season imo. If they step their asses up, it really doesn't matter who our QB is - we will win another 10 (just another reason theres no benefit to having Rosier).

This yr, TE will likely take a step back since Irvin isn't nearly as good as Herndon, and the Freshman as good as they are, are just freshman. They will be great for freshman. But at Miami we got high standards for TEs, so I expect them to be average at best this year.

And I think what we are going to find is that Travis Homer is better than Mark Walton. He's definitely more explosive/athletic. I'm not 100% sold he's a better runner yet, But I think he will be this yr. Our RBs as a group have more talent than we've had in a long *** time. WR is ******* loaded too. Richards, Thomas, all these freshman, and Cager looks like he's stepping up.
I haven’t gotten all the way through the first half of my re-watch yet—family stuff came up, but every time Pitt blows up a play #73 or #78 is standing around with hands on hips wondering where his man went. Pitt is absolutely abusing St. Louis and Darling. Coach Searels seems pretty adamant that St.Louis and that LT spot is the only one nailed down right now, so hopefully he plays better than against Pitt.

Advertisement
I haven’t gotten all the way through the first half of my re-watch yet—family stuff came up, but every time Pitt blows up a play #73 or #78 is standing around with hands on hips wondering where his man went. Pitt is absolutely abusing St. Louis and Darling. Coach Searels seems pretty adamant that St.Louis and that LT spot is the only one nailed down right now, so hopefully he plays better than against Pitt.
yeah those two were really bad against the run. But Gauthier struggled at times too. McDermott was pretty consistent and did well against the pass rush. Donaldson got beat a few times, but when you remember he was just a ******* true frosh, oh boy. I hope Donaldson wins the starting RT job. Give us a ******* mauler on the edge. We have good depth at OG anyway, especially when that grad transfer comes. Boulware, Guathier, Scaife, Mahoney, and even Gaynor could start at OG for us tbh. We have good depth at OG.

Id put St. Louis at LT, Gauthier at OC, and Donaldson at RT, then find the next two best OLineman on the team AND that work best as a unit, and put them at OG.

Serious question , is loose bowel and titgagmmatron the same guys or just lovers?

They literally go around liking and disliking each other’s posts.

Which is suspect , since nobody’s agrees with loose bowel or likes his porsts.

I’m on to ya son, the gig is up.

yeah those two were really bad against the run. But Gauthier struggled at times too. McDermott was pretty consistent and did well against the pass rush. Donaldson got beat a few times, but when you remember he was just a ******* true frosh, oh boy. I hope Donaldson wins the starting RT job. Give us a ******* mauler on the edge. We have good depth at OG anyway, especially when that grad transfer comes. Boulware, Guathier, Scaife, Mahoney, and even Gaynor could start at OG for us tbh. We have good depth at OG.

Id put St. Louis at LT, Gauthier at OC, and Donaldson at RT, then find the next two best OLineman on the team AND that work best as a unit, and put them at OG.
I think the idea of Big Navaugn pulling around the edge from that guard spot paving the road while the 40 year old Freshman The Realest George seals off the backside pursuit in front of DeeJay Dallas has been giving Rick wet dreams.

Unfortunately, we may have to have him at tackle this year.

Serious question , is loose bowel and titgagmmatron the same guys or just lovers?

They literally go around liking and disliking each other’s posts.

Which is suspect , since nobody’s agrees with loose bowel or likes his porsts.

I’m on to ya son, the gig is up.
Close ya **** sucker Cri Baby. You’re a football illiterate doomsday prophet who feels compelled to lie in order to prove a point.

Through 4 series against Pitt, Rosier has thrown one inaccurate pass. Pitt has sent pressure on one play. Every single other play they’ve dropped 7 guys in coverage. I’ve yet to see Pitt “stack the box” with 9 guys and dare Rosier to throw. They’re daring us to run against a 4 man front and we can’t do it. Rosier is throwing quick slants and quick outs because that’s how you’re supposed to attack cover 2: find the soft spot between the LB and deep safety. Not a **** thing with Rosier’s play through 3 series.

Advertisement
OL isn’t getting nearly enough blame and Rosier is getting too much, probably because he was never anyone’s favorite.

I’ve said it before...I’m hoping Williams takes it, but if he, Perry or Weldon doesn’t/can’t I’ll ride with Rosier. It really comes down to whether or not I think Rosier can be 10% better (4-5 completion%) and I think he CAN be. But, even if he’s the same (not worse) but the OL can actually establish a run game or the coaches can put them in positions to win their blocks...the ACCCG can still be won.

my only hope is that his rosier's injured shoulder really was a bigger factor than was let on.

if we get a repeat of last year rosier, we're not getting over 9 wins.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back