Scrimmage take...

Had he played better in 2 of the 3 losses we would have only lost to clemson last year
You mean the two losses where we managed to get 78 yards rushing from our running backs?

Yeah. If we had John Elway back there we may have been able to overcome such horrible team efforts. But we don’t have John Elway. We have Malik Rosier. Not one **** person on this board ever claimed that he was that guy who could put the team on his back and drag them kicking and screaming to a victory.

So why are we pretending that he’s that guy now and should have won those games?

Advertisement
Jesus you’re awful , quit comparing stats to 18-30 years ago.

It’s not the same, especially qb stats.

I don’t get how that’s hard to understand for you and Okie.
Yes. Completion percentage didn’t matter before this year. It’s a completely different game.

Do you ever have anything useful to say CriBabby?

You mean the two losses where we managed to get 78 yards rushing from our running backs?

Yeah. If we had John Elway back there we may have been able to overcome such horrible team efforts. But we don’t have John Elway. We have Malik Rosier. Not one **** person on this board ever claimed that he was that guy who could put the team on his back and drag them kicking and screaming to a victory.

So why are we pretending that he’s that guy now and should have won those games?
Running has nothing to do with it, what the **** about the throws he specifically missed down the field that even a lower tier group of 5 qb would have completed easily...

We managed only 78 rushing yards because the QB was limited. We didn't need Elway to beat Pitt. We needed Rosier to do more then only go to his first read. We needed him to be accurate. That's not asking much from a starting P5 QB

Advertisement
Running has nothing to do with it, what the **** about the throws he specifically missed down the field that even a lower tier group of 5 qb would have completed easily...
Jesus Christ, Broke. You’re just as dumb as they are. I am not going to say this again. Rosier is not good. I’m not defending him and I’m not about to sit here and defend every pass he threw when he missed 46% of them.

But I’m not going to sit here and listen to football illiterate ****heads telling me that if he’d just completed this throw or that one we’d have won the game when we got 62 yards, 46 yards, and 16 yards rushing out of our backfield in those 3 games.

Get ****ed. We were garbage from top to bottom. Act like throwing a freshman I who hasn’t won the job in there is going to change that. Retards.

We managed only 78 rushing yards because the QB was limited. We didn't need Elway to beat Pitt. We needed Rosier to do more then only go to his first read. We needed him to be accurate. That's not asking much from a starting P5 QB
78 yards? No. Against Pitt we had 16 yards and 0 TDs from everyone not named Malik Rosier, so tell me more about how everyone else was handling their job

Jesus Christ, Broke. You’re just as dumb as they are. I am not going to say this again. Rosier is not good. I’m not defending him and I’m not about to sit here and defend every pass he threw when he missed 46% of them.

But I’m not going to sit here and listen to football illiterate ****heads telling me that if he’d just completed this throw or that one we’d have won the game when we got 62 yards, 46 yards, and 16 yards rushing out of our backfield in those 3 games.

Get ****ed. We were garbage from top to bottom. Act like throwing a freshman I who hasn’t won the job in there is going to change that. Retards.
28cx7k.jpg

78 yards? No. Against Pitt we had 16 yards and 0 TDs from everyone not named Malik Rosier, so tell me more about how everyone else was handling their job

And what about him doing his job like passing the ball? Under 50% completion. Under 200 yards. While they stack the box with no safety help.

Advertisement
And what about him doing his job like passing the ball? Under 50% completion. Under 200 yards. While they stack the box with no safety help.
1st possession Pitt is is in a two high safety look. Homer runs for 4, pass complete to Herndon for 5, Homer run for 1. Rosier hits Richards in the chest (on a quick slant, no less) defender makes a good play from behind and knocks it loose. They sack Rosier with a DT stunt. No blitz. The Pitt line smoked ours. Plain and simple. Incomplete to Jeff Thomas off his finger tips. Tough play but my HS coach told me that any ball that touches both hands is supposed to be mine. That should have been a TD. Punt. At no time on this series did Pitt rush more than 5, and that was a 3rd & 1 run blitz we converted anyway. The sack came on a DT stunt where Trevor Darling got straight up abused and never came close to his man. Rosier attempted 3 passes. All three hit their intended receiver in the hands. On the slant to Richards, Richards had inside position on his defender and let a smaller man knock it out of his hands from behind. The throw to Thomas is a tougher one to haul in, but he had a step on his man and the ball hit his hands. But there was no pressure in the pocket so I'm going to spread the blame here and say Rosier could have put a little more air under it and let Thomas Run under it. It's nitpicking, but elite QBs have better touch on those balls when they have a clean pocket.

Rosier 1-3 for 5 yards. Should have been 3-3 for about 85 and us up 7.

2nd possession. Rosier run for 4 yards. Rosier 7 yard out (to the far hash) complete. Rosier run for 3--on this play nobody was open. Rosier looked at both guys on his left and took off. He never looked to his right, or at least he never turned his head that way. TV angle makes it impossible to see if anybody was open there though. Homer run for 3. on 3rd and 4 we run homer on an outside zone, and NOBODY gets out there to block. It's open at first but the Pitt pursuit closes down that lane. We needed 4 and got 2. I'm not an X's and O's guy so I don't know who to pin the blame on, but I do know somebody was supposed to get out there and seal off that backside pursuit. Again Pitt is in a 2 high safety look. At no point on this drive did they send pressure.

Rosier was 1 for 1 for 7 yards.

This is honestly my first time re-watching this since last season. I wish I had done so sooner, because the idea that they were just putting 9 guys in the box and daring us to throw is a flat out lie through 2 possessions. They're dropping 6 and 7 into coverage on every play and we can't run the **** ball against the mighty 4 man front of ******* PITT! It would not surprise me one **** bit if Pitt starts pinning their ears back at some point knowing they can stop our run with 4 or 5 guys.

This is the first quarter. We've seen 1 blitz. The free safety has been charging down at the snap but not to the line. He's trying to cut off slot man and prevent a bubble screen. Pitt did their homework, but it's Pitt. These are they type of teams that you're supposed to be able to just line it up and run down their throats when nothing else is working.

I may do the 2nd quarter later, but I'm not sure. The narrative that we couldn't run because Pitt loaded the box and dared us to pass is already proven completely false. It's the exact opposite. They're dropping 7 and stopping the run with 4. Pitt vs Miami, this is unacceptable.

The posts on here blaming the running game for Rosier's failures cant be real, can they?

There is just no way anyone can't see how other teams started stacking the box begging us to beat them throwing.

Malik threw it THIRTY FOUR times against Pitt. Why?

Because it was what the defensive alignments called for.

Of those 34 passes he only completed 15. Short outs, screen passes, crossing patterns, over the top...pass after pass after pass after pass he missed on. Won't get into the additional dozen times he "ran" the ball that game.

Our running backs got a total of 10 carries the entire four quarters.

Blaming the lack of a running game?

You've got to be kidding me.

Advertisement
So nice to have Mr Rosier ( Loose Cannon ) on here.
Nah. I just don’t have to lie to make a point. On our first 2 series against Pitt, our horribly inaccurate QB threw 4 passes and each one hit a receiver in the hands. That he was 2-4 and we punted twice can’t be on him. They didn’t load the box. The only time they sent an extra man was on 3rd and 1. The brought all 3 lbs to the line, but two dropped into coverage.

Last edited:
The posts on here blaming the running game for Rosier's failures cant be real, can they?

There is just no way anyone can't see how other teams started stacking the box begging us to beat them throwing.

I'm re-watching now, and comparing what I've seen in the first quarter that to the final box score, I can just about guarantee it had a lot to do with us not being able to run against the Pitt front 4 and us trailing by 17 in the 2nd half.

See, the problem with lying about it is that when y'all come on here saying that Homer got 3 here, and 2 there, stopped for no gain on that one, and gained a yard here...but but but they had 9 guys in the box...it sounds like a tough day sledding. But the reality of it is that our O-line got pushed around by the front 4 of Pitt. They sent an extra man 1 time in the first quarter. ONCE. Every other play they dropped 7 guys into coverage. We should be able to gash the front four of Pitt for 6-8 yards each time they drop 7.

Of those 34 passes he only completed 15. Short outs, screen passes, crossing patterns, over the top...pass after pass after pass after pass he missed on. Won't get into the additional dozen times he "ran" the ball that game.

Our running backs got a total of 10 carries the entire four quarters.

Blaming the lack of a running game?

You've got to be kidding me.

How dare you spit facts to some of these low football iq mofos.

Defenses dared us to throw over the top, no respect was given. Hence why Rosier has some big yard games but still had his normal low comp percentage.

They knew he’d hit one occasionally but were much happier living with their odds. Which is mind blowing.

A large chunk of those throws could’ve been made by hs qb’s

It actually reminded me of the defenses being thrown at tebow , yet he’d still throw the ball directly out of bounds.

The Pitt game alone was the most disrespectful thing I’ve seen , and wouldn’t change no matter how many times the wr ran by the db.

Advertisement
2nd quarter. Pitt fumble puts Miami in good field position. 1st play--Pitt again in a 4 man front with 2 hi safeties--play action freezes the safety and Rosier launches home run ball to Richards. Defender initiates contact and impeded Richard's ability to make a play. Perfect play call. Safety bit and left Richards 1v1, and the Refs allowed the defender to get away with one. Should have been PI. Next play, DJD fights for 3 yards against another Pitt 4 man front. And I mean DJD earned every inch. Our O-line got beat off the ball and Pitt made contact rithg at the LOS. This should not be happening. 3rd Down--same 2 high look from Pitt but press man on the corners. Quick slant to Berrios, good throw in a tight but defender makes a play to break it up. Punt.

2 more accurate passes from Malik on this drive, and another run stuffed by the 4 man front of Pitt. No blitzes this series. Pitt had 7 guys in coverage on each play.

Advertisement
Back