Scrimmage take...

Technically, yes...but how do you explain an actual true freshman in Williams, out-performing Perry?
Easy. He's been coached properly for years, and didn't grow up playing sand lot football. Perry had fan boys for 2+ years and I think that might have filled his head more than the playbook.

Advertisement
It's not about giving up yards. I really not concerned about getting beat deep. There are not too many teams on our schedule that physically have the speed to beat us deep consistently. When it's happened, it's usually been due to a breakdown in coverage. It's like in baseball, having your centerfielder play shallow. He'll pick off more base hits for outs than have balls hit over his head. However, when a Mickey Mantle or Willie McCovey came up, you can still shade the centerfielder deeper.

It's about getting off the field. The whole intent of an attacking defense is to get the offense into unfavorable situations in the later downs. Sure, you can pick up some cheap points on turnovers (which are bound to happen) but if you don't seal the deal on third down what's the point. How many times did we see the defense play great on first and second down only to see some freshman QB throw a 10 yard seam pass to a short white guy for a first down. Look at our third down percentages. We were gashed there all year, even in games we won.
you're missing the point on our defense.
we specifically don't play our safeties up close. We run an attacking 43 2 deep. Thats the philosophy of this defense - 9 of the guys being super aggressive while 2 (the safeites) are really conservative.

So You're not concerned about getting beat deep, but the fact is Diaz is. His gameplan is specifically designed to prevent the deep passes, and as you said, thats why it rarely happens, and when it did it was due to a breakdown in coverage.

And yeah our defense is designed to do 2 things - get off the field fast, and not allow any big plays. The problem with that or ANY defense that makes that the priority is it often times will allow the offense to pick up a bunch of yards in a game (but on a lower ypa). You can talk and focus on the negatives of our defense all you want and point to the 3rd down %. But the fact is I can point to the turnovers, tfls, sacks, pts allowed all to back me up and why the defense was successful last yr. Would I want the 3rd down D to imrpve? Obviously, no ****. I want the defense to be 1st in everything. But I like Diazs defense for the most part and what it tries to accomplish. The only thing I wish he'd do is probably just a few less crazy blitzes, and more man coverage. But at his heart, hes a zone kinda DC.

Seems I remember a guy who they said ran too "high" - HOF'er Eric ****erson!

****erson had zero wiggle.

That’s not a joke. Watch the the tape. Ran like someone shoved a broomstick up his *** and just seemed to find the right holes and take off. Patience, vision, and speed... and he did it in college and the pros.

Not every RB has to be the same or be a shake n bake artist.

Advertisement
Exactly. JJ and Garvin are NFL pass rushers. I don't expect Hillery, Herbert, Campbell,

How could you be so right on this point and so stupid on the recruiting forum is something i i will never understand.

If we had even a decent offense, we'd have gone 12-1 last year.

Hah! I thought the same thing.

Heres the thing:

Its year 3. I dont really care if its Richts scheme that sucks or its the players that force him to suck. This. Is. Year. THREE.

And for those who applaud Diaz for giving up yards, you must have loved D’onofrio too right? “Yards dont matter”.

Worst 3rd down defense in like 50 years last year, and we got cats saying the defense “worked correctly”. If it is correct to suck, who gives a ****?

Advertisement
This is exactly why no matter what the Qb this yr should not be Malik Rosier. Look at this, Perry played like ****, and still basically played the same as Rosier. Jarrens stats could just be inflated because he went vs the 3s.

Idgaf who starts, just don't let it be Rosier. Wanna see what Cade can do though

How does 33 yards on 6 completions compared to 100+ yards on 8 completions mean “basically played the same” to you? The percentage was close. Yards per completion weren’t.

That anybody but Rosier **** is fine now when you’re not actually watching it and nothing affects win and losses. What Perry did is basically what Rosier did against UNC in the first half without the long TD to Herndon. If you’re up for that because it ain’t Rosier, more power to you.

How does 33 yards on 6 completions compared to 100 yards on 8 completions mean “basically played the same” to you? The percentage was close. Yards per completion weren’t.

That anybody but Rosier **** is fine now when you’re not actually watching it and nothing affects win and losses. What Perry did is basically what Rosier did against UNC in the first half without the long TD to Herndon. If you’re up for that because it ain’t Rosier, more power to you.
i'm up for it because Rosier is a 5th yr senior who has maxed out, while perry or any of the 3 freshman are just getting started with their careers and have a lot of room for growth during summer and the season. So if they are already performing at the same level as Rosier, why the **** wouldn't I want one of the freshman to start.

One scrimmage and people are already murking guys.

I'm not disputing what anyone saw who was there, but that's a lot of opinions from a very limited session.

Advertisement
First off, the ones trying to take shots at Lo is pathetic. He’s a ED clone that’s a true freshman. Have we not seen every RB w the new regime get better and better? He’s a naturally talented runner who’s playing RB. W the coaching, and he appears to be very coachable, he’ll be fine.

Regards to the QB position, here’s what I look for; what’s in between the ears, 1st, and then can he make majority of the throws w accuracy. Rosier doesn’t fit that bill. He doesn’t look to take advantages of mismatches or look off coverage. He doesn’t throw his receivers open and he’s certainly not accurate...not even on bubble screens which is alarming.

Perry has the arm talent, physical talent, but since more than one report have said the same thing, it’s most likely true that between the ears is not there.

Williams seems to be like a coachable kid w adaptation skills and physical talent. The problem right now is he’s so green.

I was hoping Perry would be the man, but it seems that ship has sailed.

It’s one scrimmage; let’s see how the Spring Game come around. I need Richt to allow Williams to play w the 1’s, too. Don’t hamper a kid just b/c he’s a true freshman. Throw him out and see how he fares.

On another note, really happy to hear our Dline is just as ferocious as before!

i'm up for it because Rosier is a 5th yr senior who has maxed out, while perry or any of the 3 freshman are just getting started with their careers and have a lot of room for growth during summer and the season. So if they are already performing at the same level as Rosier, why the **** wouldn't I want one of the freshman to start.

They aren't performing at the same level.

First off, the ones trying to take shots at Lo is pathetic. He’s a ED clone that’s a true freshman. Have we not seen every RB w the new regime get better and better? He’s a naturally talented runner who’s playing RB. W the coaching, and he appears to be very coachable, he’ll be fine.

Regards to the QB position, here’s what I look for; what’s in between the ears, 1st, and then can he make majority of the throws w accuracy. Rosier doesn’t fit that bill. He doesn’t look to take advantages of mismatches or look off coverage. He doesn’t throw his receivers open and he’s certainly not accurate...not even on bubble screens which is alarming.

Perry has the arm talent, physical talent, but since more than one report have said the same thing, it’s most likely true that between the ears is not there.

Williams seems to be like a coachable kid w adaptation skills and physical talent. The problem right now is he’s so green.

I was hoping Perry would be the man, but it seems that ship has sailed.

It’s one scrimmage; let’s see how the Spring Game come around. I need Richt to allow Williams to play w the 1’s, too. Don’t hamper a kid just b/c he’s a true freshman. Throw him out and see how he fares.

On another note, really happy to hear our Dline is just as ferocious as before!

I would hold up on that until mid summer, at least. imo

Remember last year? The ship had sailed on Rosier according to all the insider reports. The same people who are now saying Perry doesn’t have it between the ears.

Now I’m not saying he does or he doesn’t. Maybe he just can’t or won’t get it. I don’t know. I do know that I have no horse in this race, I just want the best man to win. Whoever it is. Even if it’s, Rosier. Hope it’s not him, but I can’t control that. Might be Williams.

Who knows. It’s all an open book as far as I’m concerned. But I’m taking these “insider” reports with a grain of salt until we’ve had at least 4 more scrimmages, real scrimmages, which won’t be until late July, or August.

Advertisement
I would hold up on that until mid summer, at least. imo

Remember last year? The ship had sailed on Rosier according to all the insider reports. The same people who are now saying Perry doesn’t have it between the ears.

Now I’m not saying he does or he doesn’t. Maybe he just can’t or won’t get it. I don’t know. I do know that I have no horse in this race, I just want the best man to win. Whoever it is. Even if it’s, Rosier. Hope it’s not him, but I can’t control that. Might be Williams.

Who knows. It’s all an open book as far as I’m concerned. But I’m taking these “insider” reports with a grain of salt until we’ve had at least 4 more scrimmages, real scrimmages, which won’t be until late July, or August.

I don’t recall that report on Rosier. I recall ppl hoping and hyping Perry, but from the scrimmages, he appeared to just not be ready, so the lesser of the two evils won out.

Perry seems to be having the same problem. It’s clear in practice, just pitch and catch, he’s got a great touch and arm. But when fire is coming at him, the results for 4 scrimmages now have been below par.

Spring game is coming up, so we’ll see more, however, JW needs a legit shot w the 1s.

I don’t recall that report on Rosier. I recall ppl hoping and hyping Perry, but from the scrimmages, he appeared to just not be ready, so the lesser of the two evils won out.

Perry seems to be having the same problem. It’s clear in practice, just pitch and catch, he’s got a great touch and arm. But when fire is coming at him, the results for 4 scrimmages now have been below par.

Spring game is coming up, so we’ll see more, however, JW needs a legit shot w the 1s.

One scrimmage.

He came in summer last year, not spring.

You can’t even use last year’s scrimmages to judge him, he was a deer in headlights, on campus for six weeks, from a ****** high school system Be real. By the bowl game he was the legit #2 QB. I’m not hyping him, I don’t know how he’s doing, but those are facts.

It doesn’t matter what you think anyway. Nor I. These guys are going to get their scrimmage. There’s next week. Then the three or four for all the marbles in the summer. He’ll either be the guy, or he won’t. Simple as that.

But it’ll take months to know for sure.

Unless Rosier just starts tearing it up next week and doesn’t let up.

the south florida elitists in here are just mad a golden recruit is outperforming the mr florida QB. cause on these boards if your from FL you're automatically the best, right? still living in the past

Advertisement
Back