Scrimmage news

Advertisement
Ok. So you’re decision making process will lead to a better decision and result than someone who has a ton more information and knowledge than you.

Information gleaned from spending 80 hours a week, probably 48 weeks a year, evaluating, studying, teaching, watching. Someone with years of experience and failures and successes. Someone who has actually played the position.

But let’s just throw that knowledge and judgement out the window and basically go with your predetermined decision. Because your mind is already made up, no matter what happens.

Seriously, friend. Not only are you starting to sound delusional, you’re starting to lose credibility.
I dont think hes questioning what decision richt is GOING to make. I think hes simply stating an opinion like the rest of us on here about what he believes of our team with malik or without. This is why at some point you try the unknown because its not a strong crazy schedule again & we do gotta groom our qb of the future (whomever that is) at some point. Now whether thats holding a chalkboard or through live action is what cmr will have to decide on.

I am on record stating that I don’t care who wins so long as the level of play we get from the QB spot is better this season than last. We have a good football team. Really good. I don’t want to see these guys limited by their QB. But ultimately, I don’t give a **** if we even complete a pass so long as we get the win.

I don’t know the man, but I also feel like that’s the way Richt approaches the game. Can you direct the offense? Can you get the correct play in and can you have our guys lined up right and keep us out of constant 1st and 15?

And do you protect the ball? Do you understand that 3 and out with a punt is better than a 3rd down pick. Can you take a sack instead of getting stripped trying to do too much?

I’m legit torn dog. I don’t give a **** how accurate you are or what kind of arm strength you have. If you can’t do what I listed above, we’re gonna lose.
The main qualifier that seperates all of them at this point is trusting in their decision making. All of them (except you know who)seem to atleast go through their reads (accurate or not is to be seen)i also think the others are more capable of executing the playbook CLOSER to its entirety. The thing malik may have over them (WHICH IS BIG)is malik knows hes not some gun slinger. He understands what kind of qb he is. All that being stated can cmr trust perry or jarren more or just as much to not force a stupid throw because they have that level of confidence in their arms and accuracy. We do know malik will try to force them too from time to time but less likely than them at this point. I just believe personally we have very talented skill position players. I know they are playing handcuffed if they cant show what makes them so unique. The plays & routes we ran last year (blame whomever youd like for that as ill stay out of it) simply hamper the wr & te while defenses simply stack the box to stop the run and our biggest play being the bubble screen. Do you really trust malik to throw any semi difficult route? You know ur football brother... people may not realize this but we basically ran 5 plays with small variants the entire year as our passing plays... thats absurd to be a power 5 team with that going on.

You could see his frustration on the field multiple times last year.

Rosier’s inaccuracy will be a problem with the WRs if it happens again. JT should have been a frosh AA and AR82 wants that first round money.
Take it as you wish but we came real close to losing jt as a result of qb play... im sure no one wants to hear that though.

lol so now I guess last season doesn't count as evidence.
gotcha. hey its cool, its a tough job supporting Rosier when there is no actual good argument that can be made to do it.
I write a lot because its easy, and im actually explaining my opinion and defending it unlike others on here who just say bs. You act like it takes more than a couple minutes to write all that stuff. It just flows out my man, its probably why its riddled with spelling/grammar errors.

I’m not supporting Rosier, fool.

If being patient and waiting for the spring and fall practices and scrimmages to see which one of four candidate is chosen is wanting Rosier, then you have trouble deciphering reality.

Why don’t you run onto the practice field, light your hair on fire, and run laps screaming, “anybody but Rosier, anybody but Rosier”. Maybe you’ll get Rick’s attention and he’ll follow your advice.

Now I understand why so many posters find you idiotic and annoying. Basic concepts of common sense and logic are beyond you.

Advertisement

Rosier’s inaccuracy will be a problem with the WRs if it happens again. JT should have been a frosh AA and AR82 wants that first round money.

Agreed. Very frustrating to have talented WRs with a QB not talented enough to consistently get them the ball.

Agree with most youre saying but youre wrong in the assumption that they havent been going against the defense. Unless im just not understanding what youre saying theyre going against defense every day.

I might be mistaken on exactly what type of team drills or plays against the D they are running. Just from what I've read it doesn't seem like there is a lot of scrimmaging yet. Either way, I think the coaches main focus right now is just on making everyone better and giving guys honest looks. Just like with Dean. I think it's a good message to send that if you put in the work, especially for upperclassmen, you will get a shot to prove yourself. And not just a symbolic first day practice thing and day 2 you're on 3rd string, a real look. It creates stability and organization imo

Jarren already seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of where Perry and Weldon were at after the same period of time in the program...
Based on what? Some throws to the equipment manager? He’s not even playing behind a full OL yet. He’s running 7 on 7.

Advertisement
lol so now I guess last season doesn't count as evidence.
gotcha. hey its cool, its a tough job supporting Rosier when there is no actual good argument that can be made to do it.
I write a lot because its easy, and im actually explaining my opinion and defending it unlike others on here who just say bs. You act like it takes more than a couple minutes to write all that stuff. It just flows out my man, its probably why its riddled with spelling/grammar errors.
If you’re bent on using last season as your only evidence, then Rosier was better than all his backups last season. As bad as he was at times he was still better than Perry and Weldon. See why that’s a dumb way to go about deciding the QB THIS SEASON?

Let Rick pick the QB this season based on who’s best this season.

Did Rosier get frustrated with Richards when he dropped 4 passes (3 of which would have been TDs) that hit him right in his hands during the Syracuse game?

Biggest moment for me last year, ****, biggest moment in Hurricanes Football over the last 10 years was at Doak Campbell last season down 20-17, right after our DEFENSE had just blown the game, 11 seconds on the clock, Seminole fans got the volume cranked up to 11 and shaking the mortar out the bricks of that raggedy *** stadium, Malik Rosier raises his arms motioning for the 'Noles to get louder. Scream. Scream you mother****ers! I want to hear everything you got before I turn the lights off in this *****!

I didn't even have to watch the rest. I knew we won right then and there. Nuts that big don't grow on every kid. It's gonna take a **** of a lot more than guys completing passes in no-contact drills before I tell that man to sit down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
because they already anointed NKOSI as the savior at all costs despite never seeing any videos him in any practice or scrimmage.

The most comical part is the other guy, Weldon, has been mentioned as having just as good if not better mechanics and arm strength, but you don't hear the clamoring for him. For some odd reason it's Perry or die.
I want the guy that can get us over the hump, I don't care which guy it is.

People don't bring up the shoulder injury because the inconsistencies that plagued him were there the entire season, they were just overhadowed by the overall play of the defense.

Advertisement
Back