Scrimmage #1 chatter

sherriffs had 39 TDs and 4 INTs in his high school career I read on here a couple days ago right?

why are people sleeping on those monster numbers?

Because he didn't come in with all the stars or hype. U know that recruiting hype = success on the field, right? With our Def., all we need out of our QB, is to NOT turn the ball over and we'll be fine. We're getting back to having Miami quality skill guys, and depth, all over the field. If Sherriffs is the guy that can get the ball to our playmakers and escape the pocket 3-4 times a game to pick up a first down, then I'll be good.

We need more than that. Kaaya didn't turn the ball over against UNC(he did at the end), but we still managed 13 points. Why? He missed easy throws all game. Njoku on 4th, Walton in the flats. There were 3 or 4 drives alone that had surefire TD passes on them that netted 0 points that game. We need a guy that will not turn the ball over and can also hit the open throws when they are there.

Advertisement
I've always been high on Evan and I always thought Mike Smith to be a solid player
Shaq said that Mike Smith and BJ both got alot more snaps at MLB... Said Pinkney had a very good scrimmage ... Mike Smith had a good scrimmage .. every body else was ok.. he said front four was crushing.. the new DE Garvin had a great scrimmage ...and Bethel was impressive also

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Did he have any insight about the Qbs, that he was willing to share?
He said they all had moments but the pressure from up front was relentless.. He was surprised by Sherif... said Jack threw some good balls and Rosier is very athletic and also threw some good balls

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Did Shaq say this or Coach Richt... sounds like coach speak :)

Obviously kidding - thanks, as always, for sharing what you are able to.

sherriffs had 39 TDs and 4 INTs in his high school career I read on here a couple days ago right?

why are people sleeping on those monster numbers?

Also won MVP in the Georgia/Florida All-Star game.

A few things stood out to me watching his film. His footwork was really good for a high schooler. His play action was outstanding. He put the ball to where his players could catch it in stride. He wasn't afraid to tuck it and run.

The negatives. Arm strength isn't amazing, and he needed to bulk up a bit. He has put on a lot of good weight since coming to UM, so that part is taken care of. He was 6'5" 190, and is up to 216. Will his arm strength ever be amazing? Doubtful. But I'd bet it's stronger than guys that have won titles here, and weaker than some that didn't.

He didn't get much hype because he only started and played one full season. No one really knew who he was until the end of his HS playing days. If he was a South Florida kid, he'd be getting all kinds of love.

Advertisement
Is Evan fast? Cause if not that RPO will fail us again.

Shirreffs isn't dual threat like Rosier. But he's more than athletic enough to run the RPO or play action. The only real knock on him is his arm strength. I have to see him in game action to know if he's capable of making college reads and throws. But the reports from scrimmage are certainly encouraging.

Is Evan fast? Cause if not that RPO will fail us again.

He's faster and more athletic than people think. I had found an online newspaper a while back that had a writeup about his first start, in which he had a 70 yard TD run. After the game he told his coach something like, "See? I told you I could run." That is encouraging after sitting through year after year of QBs not having ANY faith in their running ability. So yeah, he's not an immobile stiff. He might not have Kaaya's arm, but at least he's not afraid to take off with the darn ball when it's available. That alone will be a welcome sight, if he happens to win the job.

Quite frankly, any of our QBs will be an upgrade in the mobility department over Kaaya. Only question is, and it's a big one, can they make enough plays with their arms?

Advertisement
Was it 1s v. 1s or 1s v. 2s ?

Sarcasm or serious?

Pretty serious question, most cfb teams run 1s v. 2s, and Richt has done that before too.. Do you have an answer?

It was reported that Sherriffs took the first snaps on offense but if you look at the picture from the beginning of the scrimmage he's seen coming off the field with the second team. The second team defense is leaving the field and the first team defense is coming on. The entire first team offense is running on to the field and there is a QB(most likely Rosier) talking to Richt. Wouldn't be surprised if it was mix and match but at least at first it was 1s vs 1s and 2s vs 2s.

[TWEET]850704382463291392[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Was it 1s v. 1s or 1s v. 2s ?

Sarcasm or serious?

Pretty serious question, most cfb teams run 1s v. 2s, and Richt has done that before too.. Do you have an answer?

It was reported that Sherriffs took the first snaps on offense but if you look at the picture from the beginning of the scrimmage he's seen coming off the field with the second team. The second team defense is leaving the field and the first team defense is coming on. The entire first team offense is running on to the field and there is a QB(most likely Rosier) talking to Richt. Wouldn't be surprised if it was mix and match but at least at first it was 1s vs 1s and 2s vs 2s.

[TWEET]850704382463291392[/TWEET]

Irvin is huge, looks like he could play OL.

Despite his big numbers Shirriefs only had offers from Columbia and Virginia Military. I mean c'mon, are we seriously trying to argue that he belongs here? If Richt was coach, neither Rosier or him would have been Canes

Waits for the stars don't matter argument

Advertisement
Despite his big numbers Shirriefs only had offers from Columbia and Virginia Military. I mean c'mon, are we seriously trying to argue that he belongs here? If Richt was coach, neither Rosier or him would have been Canes

Well, Richt IS the coach and hasn't run them off, so what does that tell you? He has a 4 star QB on the roster that can't pass either one on the depth chart. Maybe, just maybe Mark Richt knows a little more about the QB position than so, I don't know, you?

Exactly. Computer geeks make the recruiting lists - not college coaches....

Plenty of QBs who weren't highly rated have gone on to be really good in college and the NFL....

Well, Richt IS the coach and hasn't run them off, so what does that tell you? He has a 4 star QB on the roster that can't pass either one on the depth chart. Maybe, just maybe Mark Richt knows a little more about the QB position than so, I don't know, you?

Dumb argument. He hasn't run them off because he has no one to replace them with yet. When did I say Richt doesn't know what he is doing? This isn't his doing.

Advertisement
Back