Scrimmage #1 chatter

View as article
Evan Shirreffs will be our starting QB

Based on what? A couple of good passes in the first scrimmage after one week of practice?

Why don't you just use a gypsy fortune teller? About the same odds of being right.

I dont understand the need to have a "hot take" when so little information on how the QB's are performing or the context of what's being reported.

Advertisement
Evan Shirreffs will be our starting QB

Based on what? A couple of good passes in the first scrimmage after one week of practice?

Why don't you just use a gypsy fortune teller? About the same odds of being right.

I dont understand the need to have a "hot take" when so little information on how the QB's are performing or the context of what's being reported.

You are right but that is one of the downsides of a message board. You have to sift through all of the personal opinions, assumptions, agendas, efforts to be funny, etc., just to get a sliver of actual info. The best thing is obviously the YouTube post-practice pressers from the coaches, and players. Aside from input from Pete, and informed opinions from some cats that either have ties to the program, played ball or are current coaches, almost everything else is pure conjecture. Such is life.

If noone takes separates themselves by the end of spring and Perry comes in and does what he is capable of there is no reason he wont be our starter week 3 in Tallahassee when it really matters. We need a difference maker who the offense belives in, if they think Perry is that dude go for it. We all know our defensive front 7 has the traits to be elite and the Dbacks will be solid once we get the influx of talent in fall. We need a leader for the next few years and if Perry is just about the same as our other QBs there is no reason why we shouldn't give him the keys..

Advertisement
Lion Paw!

Rasta man Mike Smith original Rudebwoy mi fi lick shot for Bad man dem!
Been talking him up throughout the offseason while people claim he's "borderline" going to be asked to leave. I didn't get that perspective at all. We'll see what happens, but I'm really happy for him if he's fully recovered.

Lion Paw!

Been talking him up throughout the offseason while people claim he's "borderline" going to be asked to leave. I didn't get that perspective at all. We'll see what happens, but I'm really happy for him if he's fully recovered.

I think you're confusing him with McCray. Even folks like me, who think we should attrit as many JAGs as possible so as to bring in as big a class as possible for 2018, want to keep Smith. He's the only backup i trust 100% right now.

Lion Paw!

I think you're confusing him with McCray. Even folks like me, who think we should attrit as many JAGs as possible so as to bring in as big a class as possible for 2018, want to keep Smith. He's the only backup i trust 100% right now.
I'm not confusing him. I can list links, if you'd like. Here's one example:

Herald quote: "At linebacker, that includes Charles Perry, Mike Smith and Terry McCray. UM has spoken of moving a player to running back, and Perry warrants consideration because he played the position at Royal Palm Beach."

My response: Someone explain this one to me. Mike Smith is Quarterman's backup. He played in a bunch of games and spelled Quarterman for a series or two throughout. He played ok enough to not stand out as bad. Unless we move Owens to that spot, how does Mike Smith fit with "disappointment?" Not everyone can be a starter or star player on a college team. Smith serves a role. Perhaps Jennings challenges him for time and, if so, that's great for the team. Otherwise, I don't see him fitting in with the "writing on the wall" players at OL and LB.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/pre-spring-nuggets-miami-herald/118336

Advertisement
Glad to see Mike Smith getting into action. The latest roster has him at 6-1/236 so he has the size. Upper body strength good as he is nearing a 400 bench. Bethel Is 275 lbs. in an article I saw recently. Kid will be 290 lbs. attack style DT in the future.

Advertisement
I've always been high on Evan and I always thought Mike Smith to be a solid player
Shaq said that Mike Smith and BJ both got alot more snaps at MLB... Said Pinkney had a very good scrimmage ... Mike Smith had a good scrimmage .. every body else was ok.. he said front four was crushing.. the new DE Garvin had a great scrimmage ...and Bethel was impressive also

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've always been high on Evan and I always thought Mike Smith to be a solid player
Shaq said that Mike Smith and BJ both got alot more snaps at MLB... Said Pinkney had a very good scrimmage ... Mike Smith had a good scrimmage .. every body else was ok.. he said front four was crushing.. the new DE Garvin had a great scrimmage ...and Bethel was impressive also

Did he have any insight about the Qbs, that he was willing to share?

Did Shaq give any insight as to how the QB's were doing and if any individual one seemed to be more effective? Thanks again, [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION]

Advertisement

He said they all had moments but the pressure from up front was relentless.. He was surprised by Sherif... said Jack threw some good balls and Rosier is very athletic and also threw some good balls

Now that he's been here a year, what does Shaq think he has improved the most? Seems like a humble guy on top of all that talent. You raised a good one!

He said they all had moments but the pressure from up front was relentless.. He was surprised by Sherif... said Jack threw some good balls and Rosier is very athletic and also threw some good balls

Give Coach Kool all the money dammit. All of it.

Advertisement
Back