Scratch everything we thought: New mock draft for the Fins

He had ups and downs with a terrible offense around him. The evaluation is incomplete. We need to improve the talent on that side of the ball.
I’m not even a dolphins fan but it’s crazy to see people jumping ship so fast.

Advertisement
We can't both be correct so I am sorry but you must be the person that is wrong. If Tua is my guy I am trading down for picks. Not too far though because I want Smith or Chase.

Where did we take Parker at? Where did we take Ginn at? Call me shell shocked. None of our greatest wide receivers were first rounders I don't believe.

Be the better person here and look in the mirror and say "I am wrong" lol. Good debate though and I have no problem if we take him at 3 and he balls out.

Well I pretty much disagree with everything you said so I'm glad you're not the one making the pick. Tua is my guy and if anything I'd trade back up from #18 to somewhere around 9-12 and try to pair Pitts with Smith, who I'd obviously take at 3.

Then you have the luxury of going two tight end sets, while not sacrificing play making ability at all. You'd have Gesicki and Pitts terrorizing linebackers and providing extra blocking on running plays....meanwhile you'd have Smith and Parker on the outside. If you really want to get saucy you can trade or release Parker and use all that cap space we have to upgrade to someone like Allen Robinson or Godwin (both schedule to be free agents this offseason). D. Smith and either Robinson/Godwin with those two terrorizing tight ends and all of a sudden you have a lethal offense.

Now you're cooking with nitroglycerin.

Last edited:
If the Dolphins stay at pick 3 and DON'T take Smith, someone should be arrested for stupidity.
He fits the mold of dude we want here too. He’s almost too perfect of a match. I’ve always thought he was more of a slot guy...then I watched his last 4 games.

A top quarterback is worth anything it takes to get that QB.

If you're pinching pennies over whoever you take at 18, you just trying to get on base and not hit home runs. We aren't talking about Kirk Cousins or Rob Johnson here, brother. Talking about a 25 year old Top...10(...7?) QB in the league and the price being a 2 firsts is basically standard for some mid...now you're talking a Top 10 guy...price of the brick goes up...and again, I like Tua...but there are only so many QBs at Watson's level in the league...and you're hoping Tua gets there. Watson is already there.

IMO, if the Dolphins aren't game...I think the perfect team for Watson would be Pittsburgh. They just don't have the capital that the Dolphins do, but if the Dolphins come in cheap, if I were Pittsburgh, I'd mortgage quite a bit of draft capital for him as Ben rides off in the sunset.
Tua, #3 and our later 2nd round pick for Watson. In reality, you are getting two number ones and a 2nd rounder for Watson. We would have to dip into FA though for a couple WR. Grab RB with your first pick of round 2.

Trade back a few spots for extra picks then grab your WR and future picks

Draft the OT at #3 then WR at 18, RB first pick of round 2.

Jedi Master has some good points and we do need a WR but I just think history teaches us that not many work out and better value can be found later.

Personally, I like Tua and I think he deserves to be given an opportunity as I don't think they opened up the playbook for him. We aren't at practice though so we don't know. If the coaches don't think he is the guy then they either trade for a qb or draft one at 3.

Quick Dolphins mock draft on the draft network
1. Devonta Smith WR Alabama
2. Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern
3. Travis Etienne RB Clemson
4. Carlos Basham EDGE Wake Forest
5. Marvin Wilson DT FSU
6. Tyree Gillespie S Mizzou
7. Marquez Stevenson WR Houston
8. Erroll Thompson Mississippi State

Advertisement
Did a quick mock draft just playing around:

3. Traded to Denver (got their 9, 2022 and 2023 1st rounders and both second rounders)...they took QB Fields
9. Traded to SF (Got their 12 this year, 2022 1st and second round picks and 2nd in 2023)...they took Lance
12. Micah Parsons LB
18. Slater T
21. Bateman WR (gave up 50 and one of second rounders next year I acquired to move back into round 1)
35 Jaelan Phillips DE
41. Wyatt Davis G
61. Landon ****erson C
63. Najee Harris (Used picks acquired to get back into the second so I didn't miss on my RB)

I only did two rounds. Who knows how accurate but it is fun.

Advertisement
Back