Scout guys' predictions

LULZ at RandomGhost continuing to perpetuate his fake insider status by mixing in some doom and gloom.

He has no clue where anyone is going. Everyone's guessing. Some guesses are more informed than others, but it's all guesswork on the dudes who are undecided.

This. Thomas isn't telling anybody where he's going right now. I guarantee you that the staff hasn't heard news about Thomas one way or the other. I don't get much "inside info" but I know for a fact that the staff is confident on Thomas. Unless he called up UM or passed word through Ice that he wasn't coming, I HIGHLY doubt this.

Now maybe Thomas ends up at Alabama...but it's not going to be decided right now and Random has no information about that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wow. I know some people here aren't RW fans, but I've felt like he's always been pretty accurate. That's not good news.

All about who you want to believe. You have guys on here who you listen to who believe Thomas will be a Cane. Almost to a consensus. Even with the craziness of recruiting and the "anything can happen" disclaimer they still are still fairly confident he is coming.

I've followed recruiting for about 20 years. RW, in my opinion, has been one of the more accurate insiders throughout that time period.

Random get's a bad rap IMO. He's pretty **** accurate. My hope is that he has no real information on Thomas and is reading that as a negative. That said, I think Thomas is huge. Not from an indivudual perspective, but from a perception basis. The reality is I think it really is Bama he is eyeing. I think he's enamored with the Amari Cooper route. I think we need to nip this Bama **** in the butt. We cannot lose the top kid in Dade to Bama two years in a row.

It's funny, because these guys talk the 305, but then we hear about Bama and FSU with guys like Thomas. If I were to get a chance to talk to Thomas I'd ask him if Bolles had offered him a scholarship after his sophmore year to go to Jville and play on the top team in the state would he have taken it? I guarantee he would tell me to politely go **** myself because it's about BTW, and the 305.....Not sure why it changes when it comes to college for these kids.

Where exactly did Duke go to school? Stop saying Miami lost the top kid in Dade to Bama last year. Amari Cooper is a very good WR playing for a dominant program with a dominant run game. He is going to get plenty of one-on-one opportunities and he is good enough to take advantage of it. Doesn't make him the top player in Dade County last year.

Random was the only guy who didn't bite on Gruden, and also the only guy who didn't bite on William Campbell a few years back, IIRC. I agree he's more hesitant than others to stick his neck out there, but I don't recall him being "WRONG" on guys before, ever.
Lets be completely honest, any rational person would not have put money on Gruden here.....
That was such a pipe dream and anybody sayin otherwise was crazy

Alabama mods are saying Thomas wont be in their class so who is wrong here? Bama doesnt even talk about Thomas as a possible option on their boards so thsi would be a major shock. If he goes anywhere else besides Miami it will be FSU.

Advertisement
I drive by a giant Alabama billboard across from BTW every day. I'm hopeful that Thomas will stay home but Bleacher Report says he's a Tide Lock.

Has to be some disturbed pyromaniac on this board whom we can get some bail money pooled together for to take care of that problem. Also, lulz nice one with the Bleacher Report.

Wow. I know some people here aren't RW fans, but I've felt like he's always been pretty accurate. That's not good news.

All about who you want to believe. You have guys on here who you listen to who believe Thomas will be a Cane. Almost to a consensus. Even with the craziness of recruiting and the "anything can happen" disclaimer they still are still fairly confident he is coming.

I've followed recruiting for about 20 years. RW, in my opinion, has been one of the more accurate insiders throughout that time period.

Random get's a bad rap IMO. He's pretty **** accurate. My hope is that he has no real information on Thomas and is reading that as a negative. That said, I think Thomas is huge. Not from an indivudual perspective, but from a perception basis. The reality is I think it really is Bama he is eyeing. I think he's enamored with the Amari Cooper route. I think we need to nip this Bama **** in the butt. We cannot lose the top kid in Dade to Bama two years in a row.

It's funny, because these guys talk the 305, but then we hear about Bama and FSU with guys like Thomas. If I were to get a chance to talk to Thomas I'd ask him if Bolles had offered him a scholarship after his sophmore year to go to Jville and play on the top team in the state would he have taken it? I guarantee he would tell me to politely go **** myself because it's about BTW, and the 305.....Not sure why it changes when it comes to college for these kids.

Duke was the top player in Dade last year, but I agree that losing Thomas would be devastating. We will never return to greatness until we start winning some battles for the elite players, especially those in our backyard.

Golden famously said when he took the job that we should beat everybody, including Bama in recruiting battles in S. Florida, we'll see if he can do it.

Alabama mods are saying Thomas wont be in their class so who is wrong here? Bama doesnt even talk about Thomas as a possible option on their boards so thsi would be a major shock. If he goes anywhere else besides Miami it will be FSU.

Even the FSU guys with sense don't think he winds up there now that James Coley is our OC.

The one person that knows and has a plan for all contingencies:

137.jpg

Advertisement

Where exactly did Duke go to school? Stop saying Miami lost the top kid in Dade to Bama last year. Amari Cooper is a very good WR playing for a dominant program with a dominant run game. He is going to get plenty of one-on-one opportunities and he is good enough to take advantage of it. Doesn't make him the top player in Dade County last year.

You're right, second best....still, same point. We can't let Alabama come in and cherry pick top talent. Short term I think Collins is our most important player, long term I think it's Thomas. Just MHO.

Random was the only guy who didn't bite on Gruden, and also the only guy who didn't bite on William Campbell a few years back, IIRC. I agree he's more hesitant than others to stick his neck out there, but I don't recall him being "WRONG" on guys before, ever.
Lets be completely honest, any rational person would not have put money on Gruden here.....

It's easy to say that now...but those of us long time Grassy migrators remember that night when pretty much every "insider" on that **** board came forward and corroborated that Gruden had accepted the job. I remember at one point that particular night the rumor grew to the point where BOTH Grudens were coming and basically a package deal.

In the midst of all that chaos...it's true that Random didn't bite. It's easy to criticize these guys since so many of them are fake insiders but as someone who is extremely skeptical and has been around these Cane boards a long time I can honestly say Random is probably the most reliable of the "insiders" on any of the sites.

But I'll say it again.....he's been wrong before...few and far between...but he's been wrong. Let's hope that's the case here.

Right now everything is a guess. We feel confident about Thomas and FSU feels confident about him. I'm done worrying if he comes or not, Miami staff has done everything they can so now all is left is the announcement.

FWIW, check out Random's post on Thomas LAST NIGHT (just parroting Mike Bakas, as usual)

RE: 5-star OLB Matthew Thomas
this is UM or Alabama. FSU will not be his choice on signing day

Yet in the span of a little more than 12 hours, he basically predicted Thomas to Alabama.

So RW is basically saying that Thomas told UM coaches he wasn't coming. He also said that the battle for Robinson was "far from over"last night ahdn then posted today that he wasn't coming. I'll just say that is very interesting, and makes little logical sense.

He's just guessing. He has no information.

Advertisement

It's easy to say that now...but those of us long time Grassy migrators remember that night when pretty much every "insider" on that **** board came forward and corroborated that Gruden had accepted the job. I remember at one point that particular night the rumor grew to the point where BOTH Grudens were coming and basically a package deal.

In the midst of all that chaos...it's true that Random didn't bite. It's easy to criticize these guys since so many of them are fake insiders but as someone who is extremely skeptical and has been around these Cane boards a long time I can honestly say Random is probably the most reliable of the "insiders" on any of the sites.

But I'll say it again.....he's been wrong before...few and far between...but he's been wrong. Let's hope that's the case here.

What exactly has he been right about? As jerzeycane asked, did he know Tracy Howard was coming? McCord? Bush? These were the most recent pulls and big ones under Golden. Sources can dry up. He could have been in the loop in the past. New staff might mean less info.

Thomas to FSU would be the biggest shocker in a long time.

We are talking about Miami Booker T HS.

Tim Harris and Tim Harris Jr.....10 minutes from our campus.......everyone is a Miami fan, etc.

He will be booed at his HS if he announces FSU and probably never welcome back. I just can't see it happening.

Advertisement
What did RW say about Tracy Howard last year?

I'm sure he said that he was coming, but did it well after everybody else did so too. Specifically, after Mike Bakas predicted Tracy to UM. In the days leading up to signing day everybody was predicting Tracy to UM. I'm sure that RW waited till all that info came out and then posted his "prediction."

Pete says 6 to the U

Langston says 6 to FSU

Random Walk says 6 to Bama

Bama Mods say 6 isn't coming to Bama

Crootin Season

Bakas has also been saying that Thomas was going to UM for a while. I'm interested to see his new percentages.

Advertisement
Back