Scarlett's new top 3

I've wondered about this. I've looked at videos of Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkrite and Williams. All are very good. I'm not sure they jump out at me like Dalvin Cook, Joe Yearby or even Alex Collins the year before did.

How do these guys compare to last year's group, particularly Cook, Michel and Yearby?

My impression is that this year's guys might be a half or full notch below. Last year, Cook and Yearby just looked insane. It seemed like Cook especially would torch a defense from anywhere on the field.

Are this year's guys in the same league?
I agree with you. That crop last year was as good as it gets and Collins was up there too. None of these guys are on that level yet IMO. I think the one the closest is our guy Williams to be honest. Yearby was considered #3 by a lot of people last year but I think he would be #1 this year

Yearby would be the #1 most years.

I know guys loved Cook, but imo. Yearby was the better back. Cook offered more in what he can bring as a athlete, but as far as the RB position. Yearby is that guy.

You can get away with being just a better athlete in HS, but as the levels go up. That is were the vision, balance, and footwork separate. The good ones from the great ones.

My biggest complaint on Yearby is how tiny he is, but he should still do will when he adds weight. Although most guys on here think you need a super huge back. Small backs prove year after year that they can do the same job.
Agreed completely on Yearby.

Tons of debate threads on the two guys but it will be settled in the next few years. I think Yearby will be the guy. I don't even agree with the whole Cook has a higher ceiling. Based on what? Cook has better "measurables" but so what? Yearby has a lot of room to grow and he isn't a speed back to begin with. Add some size to his rare vision and feet, and you have the makings of a superstar.
That's the thing though, Yearby really doesn't have the frame to grow that much bigger. If Yearby was built a bit bigger he would have been a top 20 national player, his cuts and vision is insane, but he is built like a scat back without scat back speed. We will see, he is a cane, I want him to end up the best of the bunch but he will be a lot easier to bring down at the nest level.

It comes down to interpretation I guess. I do think he has the adequate frame to put on weight. Cook is obviously a physical freak on a completely different level though. I just personally think Cook hit his physical maturation quicker than Yearby but it's up in the air who ends up better in the long run. Some think its a slam dunk one way or another. I think they will both be very successful, I just love Yearbys natural ability. I can't help but watch Frank Gore continue to have success and prove it's not just about physical gifts.

Advertisement
I agree with you. That crop last year was as good as it gets and Collins was up there too. None of these guys are on that level yet IMO. I think the one the closest is our guy Williams to be honest. Yearby was considered #3 by a lot of people last year but I think he would be #1 this year

I know guys loved Cook, but imo. Yearby was the better back. Cook offered more in what he can bring as a athlete, but as far as the RB position. Yearby is that guy.

You can get away with being just a better athlete in HS, but as the levels go up. That is were the vision, balance, and footwork separate. The good ones from the great ones.

My biggest complaint on Yearby is how tiny he is, but he should still do will when he adds weight. Although most guys on here think you need a super huge back. Small backs prove year after year that they can do the same job.

Tons of debate threads on the two guys but it will be settled in the next few years. I think Yearby will be the guy. I don't even agree with the whole Cook has a higher ceiling. Based on what? Cook has better "measurables" but so what? Yearby has a lot of room to grow and he isn't a speed back to begin with. Add some size to his rare vision and feet, and you have the makings of a superstar.
That's the thing though, Yearby really doesn't have the frame to grow that much bigger. If Yearby was built a bit bigger he would have been a top 20 national player, his cuts and vision is insane, but he is built like a scat back without scat back speed. We will see, he is a cane, I want him to end up the best of the bunch but he will be a lot easier to bring down at the nest level.

It comes down to interpretation I guess. I do think he has the adequate frame to put on weight. Cook is obviously a physical freak on a completely different level though. I just personally think Cook hit his physical maturation quicker than Yearby but it's up in the air who ends up better in the long run. Some think its a slam dunk one way or another. I think they will both be very successful, I just love Yearbys natural ability. I can't help but watch Frank Gore continue to have success and prove it's not just about physical gifts.

I hope you are right, Yearby did seem to improve his speed his senior year, but I still don't see a frame that can add that much weight........

IMO, Scarlett is a little overrated by the recruiting services. Not that you stop recruiting him, but if Cronkrite and Williams stick, that's an A+ haul at running back.

Bruce is a different story. Beast.

I've wondered about this. I've looked at videos of Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkrite and Williams. All are very good. I'm not sure they jump out at me like Dalvin Cook, Joe Yearby or even Alex Collins the year before did.

How do these guys compare to last year's group, particularly Cook, Michel and Yearby?

My impression is that this year's guys might be a half or full notch below. Last year, Cook and Yearby just looked insane. It seemed like Cook especially would torch a defense from anywhere on the field.

Yearby adds size and ill take a Curtis Martin all day.

The kid will be fine... He has the ability to naturally and slowly add weight to his frame. Duke was not aforded this opportunity. By all accounts Yearby is the same size now as when Duke came in. He has 4 years to add about 10-12 needed pounds. We are good!

The kid will be fine... He has the ability to naturally and slowly add weight to his frame. Duke was not aforded this opportunity. By all accounts Yearby is the same size now as when Duke came in. He has 4 years to add about 10-12 needed pounds. We are good!

I've been watching Yearby for about 7 years now and the one thing that worries me is his weight only because when he was in 8th grade he was weighing right around 167 for his last pop warner game and now he can't be no more than 180 lbs so I don't expect him to get much bigger as time goes on since he hasn't in the last few years. Regardless of that he should be a great RB and has always been able to handle the workload while playing very competitive HS ball.

Advertisement
Cronk seems like Dallas Crawford situation all over again. He he is just a better version. Cronk will be playing safety his last few years at Miami.

Ugh , no it's not. One played qb , the other was a HS rb and a very good one. Dallas moved to rb because of desperation , even though that wasn't his spot.

Jc was recruited as a rb and the staff loves him at that position.
I know what position Dallas played in high school. JC is not beating out Yearby. It is like some people forget how **** good Yearby is. Then you have players like Williams if he sticks or scarlett if he flips. 2016 there will be Walton and another RB. JC has a better chance of getting playing time at safety. That is my opinion right now. Of course that could quickly change. How many carries did JC have last year?

Last edited:
@Famousscarlett: Draft day 2018....👀 pic.twitter.com/24aASrr5dm

76.jpg

Advertisement
Keep trollin trollin trollin

He isn't trolling. interest on both sides

Assuming Hurlie Brown is his primary recruiter, he needs to give every other coach on this staff a nice, swift kick in the a** and tell them to get on his level.

There's obviously no chance in **** that we'd land our two current RB commits and Scarlett. I'd assume Williams would bail under that scenario, but I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out. Williams is the one I like the most, but as long as we end up with two in-state studs I'd be thrilled.

Advertisement
I think it's very possible he comes here. Williams is no sure fire lock at this moment. I love all 3

Cronk, Williams and Scarlett. If we can take all 3. Make it happen. I hope and pray Walton comes in '16. Better chance we have at getting all 3 here if that happens.

Plus. I want NJ RB Kareem Walker, Hester and Jenkins teammate and Hester's brothers teammate from DePaul in 2016.

Best case scenario from my view.

2015:

Cronkrite
Scarlett
Williams

2016:

Walker
Walton

We would basically be competing with Alabama and Georgia's current runningback stables. That rival the canes old runningback stables. Stacked backfield with up to 4-5 guys who could be the man. Competition breeds champions. That's not including we already have Yearby and Gus as well in those later years. By then Duke will be playing on Sundays whether it's after his junior or senior year.

Advertisement
Miami is running back U, now if only they can get Defensive tackles to come here we'll be set.

Advertisement
Back