Scarlett's new top 3

Advertisement
If Gray makes it in and plays at RB, then we are good in terms of RB depth and talent. Keep recruiting Scarlett, because you can't let talented So FL talent like that get away if they want to be a Cane. And because we don't know if Williams will stick. But we'll be just fine. The best back in So FL HS football right now is in the class of 2016, and he's committed to us already.

If Gray makes it in and plays at RB, then we are good in terms of RB depth and talent. Keep recruiting Scarlett, because you can't let talented So FL talent like that get away if they want to be a Cane. And because we don't know if Williams will stick. But we'll be just fine. The best back in So FL HS football right now is in the class of 2016, and he's committed to us already.

Williams will be tough if we get Scarlett but ill put it like this, Williams can be what the NFL looks for as an all purpose back who does it all and he can be that here. Hurlie would have to pry that in his head which I think he can but thats only if we get scarlett so lets wait

Advertisement
Cronk seems like Dallas Crawford situation all over again. He he is just a better version. Cronk will be playing safety his last few years at Miami.

I could see him being a very solid and rangy free safety.

We shall see. Let's just stack players..

Advertisement
IMO, Scarlett is a little overrated by the recruiting services. Not that you stop recruiting him, but if Cronkrite and Williams stick, that's an A+ haul at running back.

Bruce is a different story. Beast.

I've wondered about this. I've looked at videos of Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkrite and Williams. All are very good. I'm not sure they jump out at me like Dalvin Cook, Joe Yearby or even Alex Collins the year before did.

How do these guys compare to last year's group, particularly Cook, Michel and Yearby?

My impression is that this year's guys might be a half or full notch below. Last year, Cook and Yearby just looked insane. It seemed like Cook especially would torch a defense from anywhere on the field.

Are this year's guys in the same league?
I agree with you. That crop last year was as good as it gets and Collins was up there too. None of these guys are on that level yet IMO. I think the one the closest is our guy Williams to be honest. Yearby was considered #3 by a lot of people last year but I think he would be #1 this year

Yearby would be the #1 most years.

I know guys loved Cook, but imo. Yearby was the better back. Cook offered more in what he can bring as a athlete, but as far as the RB position. Yearby is that guy.

You can get away with being just a better athlete in HS, but as the levels go up. That is were the vision, balance, and footwork separate. The good ones from the great ones.

My biggest complaint on Yearby is how tiny he is, but he should still do will when he adds weight. Although most guys on here think you need a super huge back. Small backs prove year after year that they can do the same job.
love this post.
520.gif

Advertisement
Cronk seems like Dallas Crawford situation all over again. He he is just a better version. Cronk will be playing safety his last few years at Miami.

Ugh , no it's not. One played qb , the other was a HS rb and a very good one. Dallas moved to rb because of desperation , even though that wasn't his spot.

Jc was recruited as a rb and the staff loves him at that position.

IMO, Scarlett is a little overrated by the recruiting services. Not that you stop recruiting him, but if Cronkrite and Williams stick, that's an A+ haul at running back.

I've wondered about this. I've looked at videos of Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkrite and Williams. All are very good. I'm not sure they jump out at me like Dalvin Cook, Joe Yearby or even Alex Collins the year before did.

How do these guys compare to last year's group, particularly Cook, Michel and Yearby?

My impression is that this year's guys might be a half or full notch below. Last year, Cook and Yearby just looked insane. It seemed like Cook especially would torch a defense from anywhere on the field.

I agree with you. That crop last year was as good as it gets and Collins was up there too. None of these guys are on that level yet IMO. I think the one the closest is our guy Williams to be honest. Yearby was considered #3 by a lot of people last year but I think he would be #1 this year

I know guys loved Cook, but imo. Yearby was the better back. Cook offered more in what he can bring as a athlete, but as far as the RB position. Yearby is that guy.

You can get away with being just a better athlete in HS, but as the levels go up. That is were the vision, balance, and footwork separate. The good ones from the great ones.

My biggest complaint on Yearby is how tiny he is, but he should still do will when he adds weight. Although most guys on here think you need a super huge back. Small backs prove year after year that they can do the same job.
Agreed completely on Yearby.

Tons of debate threads on the two guys but it will be settled in the next few years. I think Yearby will be the guy. I don't even agree with the whole Cook has a higher ceiling. Based on what? Cook has better "measurables" but so what? Yearby has a lot of room to grow and he isn't a speed back to begin with. Add some size to his rare vision and feet, and you have the makings of a superstar.

Advertisement
Why use Gray at RB when thats looks like be one our deepest positions at the moment. He seems like could be Anquan Boldin type play of player, with some serious YAC on bubble screen and shorter routes?

Agreed completely on Yearby.

Tons of debate threads on the two guys but it will be settled in the next few years. I think Yearby will be the guy. I don't even agree with the whole Cook has a higher ceiling. Based on what? Cook has better "measurables" but so what? Yearby has a lot of room to grow and he isn't a speed back to begin with. Add some size to his rare vision and feet, and you have the makings of a superstar.
That's the thing though, Yearby really doesn't have the frame to grow that much bigger. If Yearby was built a bit bigger he would have been a top 20 national player, his cuts and vision is insane, but he is built like a scat back without scat back speed. We will see, he is a cane, I want him to end up the best of the bunch but he will be a lot easier to bring down at the nest level.

Advertisement
Back