Scarlett's new top 3

Upside to bringing in Scarlett, is that we get a player from the most talented high school team in the nation too. Hope we clean up at STA this year

Advertisement
IMO, Scarlett is a little overrated by the recruiting services. Not that you stop recruiting him, but if Cronkrite and Williams stick, that's an A+ haul at running back.

Bruce is a different story. Beast.

I think he's overrated too but still has a chance to be **** good. I don't think he's elite but he's certainly worth recruiting hard. Bruce is elite potential, I agree.

I dunno just feels like a big group of kids this year we are targeting that will just say anything to anyone. List grows every year.

Bagmen come out next winter, leaches out their recruiting.

Advertisement
IMO, Scarlett is a little overrated by the recruiting services. Not that you stop recruiting him, but if Cronkrite and Williams stick, that's an A+ haul at running back.

I think he's overrated too but still has a chance to be **** good. I don't think he's elite but he's certainly worth recruiting hard. Bruce is elite potential, I agree.

I dunno just feels like a big group of kids this year we are targeting that will just say anything to anyone. List grows every year.

I'm assuming you are actually using the term elite not the CIS version of the term elite, then I agree.

I don't speak that language.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the staff accept 3 commits at RB but I doubt all 3 would stick.

People better dam sure pray that Williams is the one that sticks. Hope the coaching staff keeps close to the young man, because he is the superior one out of these 3 guys.

Bagmen come out next winter, leaches out their recruiting.

Vern is comin'

493.gif

I wouldn't be surprised to see the staff accept 3 commits at RB but I doubt all 3 would stick.

People better dam sure pray that Williams is the one that sticks. Hope the coaching staff keeps close to the young man, because he is the superior one out of these 3 guys.

I thought the same thing. All three are fantastic talents in different ways, but Williams is the best athlete with the highest ceiling and most home run ability. He's the one I want us to hang onto the most, and I expect we'll be fighting tooth and nail for him until the day he enrolls.

Between the other two, it sounds like Cronk's commitment is very solid and that he wants to be a leader of the class. Based on what the board's insiders have said about him, it doesn't sound like he's the type to play games. Scarlett, on the other hand, seems to alter his top three quite a bit and likely won't stick with his current commitment to FAU. Who knows how often he'll change his mind?

Williams and Cronk at RB is an A+ haul if we can keep both. You obviously take all three without hesitation if Scarlett wants to come and the other two would be willing to stick. But, just hypothetically speaking, I wouldn't bring him in at the expense of Williams.

Advertisement
I know some have mentioned that they actually prefer Cronkrite at DB. There was also some initial controversy about why it took so long for the staff to offer him, but it later came out that they wanted to offer him at the right position, which they apparently felt was RB.

It's likely a pipe dream anyway, but I'm curious as to whether there's even a remote possibility of Cronkrite choosing to play S here if we hang onto Williams and also land another premier talent like Scarlett. Just an interesting and admittedly unrealistic hypothetical.

I personally like Cronkrite on the defensive side more. I love his ability to stay in his mans back pocket while keeping tabs on the QB eyes. He looks a lot smoother there, than at RB. I am just a fan, and my opinion isn't going to sway where he ends up, but that is just how i see him.

Very solid RB prospect, but could be an insane DB.

I know some have mentioned that they actually prefer Cronkrite at DB. There was also some initial controversy about why it took so long for the staff to offer him, but it later came out that they wanted to offer him at the right position, which they apparently felt was RB.

It's likely a pipe dream anyway, but I'm curious as to whether there's even a remote possibility of Cronkrite choosing to play S here if we hang onto Williams and also land another premier talent like Scarlett. Just an interesting and admittedly unrealistic hypothetical.

I personally like Cronkrite on the defensive side more. I love his ability to stay in his mans back pocket while keeping tabs on the QB eyes. He looks a lot smoother there, than at RB. I am just a fan, and my opinion isn't going to sway where he ends up, but that is just how i see him.

Very solid RB prospect, but could be an insane DB.

I think DMoney said the same about liking Cronkrite more as a DB. I like him quite a bit at either position, as he's had just 161 carries in the last two years and could blow up as a senior with more game reps. Really versatile player and a difference maker regardless of which side of the ball he ends up playing, IMO.

I asked out loud earlier in the thread about whether Cronkrite would be willing to play S if we landed another in-state stud RB, especially since SBB isn't necessarily out of the picture but has gone from being a heavy UM lean to committing to Alabama in a very short period of time. I assume that's an unlikely scenario, though.

Imagine landing Williams and Scarlett at RB, Cronkrite and Jaquan at S, and Irvin playing a CB/S role similar to Lamarcus Joyner? Man...

Advertisement
Advertisement
And people wonder y golden is considered by many experts as the best up and coming coach in college football and recruiting the next saban ...
Enjoy the show

Advertisement
Back