Sam Pittman

Sam Pittman is my number one candidate for head coach. Pittman is the exact type of coach that can make us a respectable football team again. He has done a great job turning around Arkansas. They looked really impressive in their wins against Texas and Texas ANM. Their style of play is very psychical and they play with a lot of energy. While at Georgia, he was considered the best oline coach and recruiter in the entire country. He produced a few first rounders including Andrew Thomas, Isiah Wynn, Isiah Wilson and a few others. He only makes 3 million a year with Arkansas, so I say we all crowdfund to help him get hired. We better make a move fast before he gets a huge extension or leaves for another program.

ELXQB_ZVUAAX0Qv.jpeg
arkansas is his dream job. he's not leaving for us. plus they're going to give him a fat extension if he keeps this momentum up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still think he’s a corch. A great OL coach can win you a lot of games. But eventually the wheels will come off.

Advertisement
Lol Pittman isn't leaving Arky for Miami cmon guy! Not really a culture fit either to me too much of a country boy... how's that resonate with SFLA? Plus he's pushing 60 years old! Not really what we need either

Advertisement
The problem with this is you crown him before he sustains it. It's only a few games into the season right now. This guy most likely will be a PJ Fleck 2.0

But you are right, it is a complete crapshoot at getting a good coach. You essentailly need to get an unproven Dabo or Jimbo, before he becomes proven.
But even then, look at Jimbo now, and look at Clemson this season....its crazy out there.

Advertisement

I have no idea if Pittman tenure will be successful, he seems like a fit and they may have backed their way into a good coach.
For me all that is irrelevant, because his tenure is worth it for this bit alone

I just merged this with the other Pittman thread.
Don’t merge his thread with mine.I am the originator. While everyone was salivating over Mario I recognized the great job Pittman was doing weeks ago. Y’all are late to the party. Didn’t I say y’all need to listen to me? I know what I’m talking about

Don’t merge his thread with mine.I am the originator. While everyone was salivating over Mario I recognized the great job Pittman was doing weeks ago. Y’all are late to the party. Didn’t I say y’all need to listen to me? I know what I’m talking about
If you did a Pittman thread and it was a few weeks ago and I merge them, it will all show up with you being the thread creator.

I know everyone will mention Lane Kiffin and Cristobal as Manny’s successor but Sam Pittman is the obvious choice. Have y’all watched Arkansas play?? Besides, he’s a former OL coach so we don’t have to worry about him coddling the players. I made sure to keep my eye on him when I found out who he hired on his staff. Dude is legit and can evaluate coaches..which means he can also evaluate players .Remember…y’all going to learn to listen to me. I’m usually right
Merge

Advertisement
Back