Sam Pittman

iowacane76

Banned
Banned
I know everyone will mention Lane Kiffin and Cristobal as Manny’s successor but Sam Pittman is the obvious choice. Have y’all watched Arkansas play?? Besides, he’s a former OL coach so we don’t have to worry about him coddling the players. I made sure to keep my eye on him when I found out who he hired on his staff. Dude is legit and can evaluate coaches..which means he can also evaluate players .Remember…y’all going to learn to listen to me. I’m usually right

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know everyone will mention Lane Kiffin and Cristobal as Manny’s successor but Sam Pittman is the obvious choice. Have y’all watched Arkansas play?? Besides, he’s a former OL coach so we don’t have to worry about him coddling the players. I made sure to keep my eye on him when I found out who he hired on his staff. Dude is legit and can evaluate coaches..which means he can also evaluate players .Remember…y’all going to learn to listen to me. I’m usually right
I can't tell how many time, over your previous 26 posts, that I've saod out loud for all to hear, "Iowacane76, the gato right their, knows what he is talking about!"

Lol if you think UMs Administration would even think about hiring Freeze...Not saying he's not qualified...But too much baggage from UMs perspective...
One of those names if we entertain then i know the expectation is big boy football. Lol ain’t gonna happen but hey the man deserves a call to gauge interest

Advertisement
I saw how Pittman overhauled that culture in one offseason last year. They aren't talented but dammit they play hard. You get that here, with the talent available and you will have a compelling product. That said, I don't think he's interested in coming to Miami, he's a southern fried dude and Arkansas is good with being a solid 8-10 win per year program. Jerry Jones will provide all the resources you'll ever need and if Arky can find a difference maker at QB, and get into a couple of SEC Championship games, possibly a CFP appearance, dude will be set for life.

That said, I would reach out to his agent, just to make sure he's totally happy at Arky. Why not? Just like I'd still make overtures to Petersen, just to gauge if he's interested in coming back to the sport.

It's a little more difficult than everyone makes it seem just throwing out random names of coaches at programs that are 'doing good'.
Otherwise you may just have another Scott Frost/Nebraksa situation.

Something is up that is causing coaches to not be as successful here. Has to be. Look at a coach like Enos. He came from Alabama and everyone was excited about the hire and he comes to UM and does nothing. Then he goes to Maryland and they are basically lighting it up.

Regardless, Freeze and Kiffen type coaches will never be hired here. The school doesn't like those "optics". They don't want any controversy to be brought to the school.

Let's take it easy on the Pittman for President slogans.

Guy MIGHT be the goods but he really hasn't proven **** yet.

Advertisement
I saw how Pittman overhauled that culture in one offseason last year. They aren't talented but dammit they play hard. You get that here, with the talent available and you will have a compelling product. That said, I don't think he's interested in coming to Miami, he's a southern fried dude and Arkansas is good with being a solid 8-10 win per year program. Jerry Jones will provide all the resources you'll ever need and if Arky can find a difference maker at QB, and get into a couple of SEC Championship games, possibly a CFP appearance, dude will be set for life.

That said, I would reach out to his agent, just to make sure he's totally happy at Arky. Why not? Just like I'd still make overtures to Petersen, just to gauge if he's interested in coming back to the sport.
LOL at anyone at UM even knowing this guy or his agent.. Mom and pop operations dont work like that, you might get two phone calls out of them.. One to that agent that always rapes UM for 50k for coaching search to tell them to hire an asst, or the AD does it himself.. Banda is your guy like it or not.. #TNM

Advertisement
Career assistant and was a fairly ho-hum, unspectacular hire. All he's done in 24 months is turn one of the worst P-5 programs in America into a top 10 team with a ton of recruiting momentum and a potential Heisman candidate. Just proves that this whole coaching search thing is a complete crapshoot, and while we've mastered the art of getting it wrong time and time again, you don't need to spend $6 million a year (Pittman is making less than Manny) to get it right.

Advertisement
Back