Salute to Travis Homer

In fairness to Homer, the entire team played like wet **** against UNC.

Advertisement
For those wanting Walton to come back, consider this:

This year Miami RB's are averaging 22 carries per game. How would you like to see that divided up next year?

1) Walton 14 / Homer 8?
2) Homer 14 / Walton 8?

Scenario 1) If Walton got more carries than Homer, are you good with that?

Scenario 2) If you're Walton, would you want to return only to be a backup, and maybe only get 100 carries the whole year? I don't think that would help, and could only potentially hurt your draft stock.

Neither of these take into account Deejay or Lingard, who are definitely talented enough to warrant some carries each game. So who would lose carries to get Dallas/Lingard carries?

Advertisement

This year Miami RB's are averaging 22 carries per game. How would you like to see that divided up next year?

1) Walton 14 / Homer 8?
2) Homer 14 / Walton 8?

Scenario 2) If you're Walton, would you want to return only to be a backup, and maybe only get 100 carries the whole year? I don't think that would help, and could only potentially hurt your draft stock.

Neither of these take into account Deejay or Lingard, who are definitely talented enough to warrant some carries each game. So who would lose carries to get Dallas/Lingard carries?

Sounds like a great problem to have.

Looks like a backfield reminiscent of the early 2000s.

If my memory serves me, which it doesnt always, Berry should get a nod on this list and maybe push someone out. He ran hard and tough for us when we switched him to RB. I always liked that cat.

1) Walton 14 / Homer 8?
2) Homer 14 / Walton 8?

and its not like richt never had to deal with such an over abundance of talent in the backfield at one time. thing is we as UM fans have not had this since the early 2000's.

Additionally, Many fans have PTSD and just started treatment when Richt arrived on campus. Its natural to have some regression while in treatment but we must remind ourselves that we are in good hands. We actually have college FB coaching STAFF not a ******* STAPH.

Brighter days are here and more to come. GO CANES!!! BEAT ******!!!!!

1) Walton 14 / Homer 8?
2) Homer 14 / Walton 8?

It "could" be a good problem. It "could" also just be a problem.

Homer couldn't even get a carry over a less than 100% Walton in the Duke & FSU games this year. Was that good for the team?

If Walton comes back as the starter, leaving 8-10 carries a game to be split between Homer/Deejay/Lingard - are you good with that? Do you think that would be good for the team?

If Walton is not the starter, won't that hurt his draft stock?

My personal ideal scenario is Walton goes pro, Homer is the #1 RB, and Deejay/Lingard fight it out for RB #2 /3. I think that's best for everyone.

Advertisement
My personal ideal scenario is Walton goes pro, Homer is the #1 RB, and Deejay/Lingard fight it out for RB #2 /3. I think that's best for everyone.

And what do you do when your top RB goes down for the season with an injury?

You can't have too many.

I thought we'd miss Walton but it turns out that Homer is probably better for this offense. (in my opinion)

He does exactly what you want your RB to do on zone running plays...puts his foot in the ground and gets downhill. That kid is through the line-of-scrimmage before anybody on the front-7 even realizes where he's at.

I do think Walton has better feet though. Homer has shown little ability to shake defenders. He's more of a slasher than Walton. (and I'm fine with that)
They're both physical.

We need to give a shout-out to our Offensive Line. They've been playing their asses off. Homer has looked great but there's been plenty of running lanes for him.

I thought we'd miss Walton but it turns out that Homer is probably better for this offense. (in my opinion)

He does exactly what you want your RB to do on zone running plays...puts his foot in the ground and gets downhill. That kid is through the line-of-scrimmage before anybody on the front-7 even realizes where he's at.

I do think Walton has better feet though. Homer has shown little ability to shake defenders. He's more of a slasher than Walton. (and I'm fine with that)
They're both physical.

We need to give a shout-out to our Offensive Line. They've been playing their asses off. Homer has looked great but there's been plenty of running lanes for him.

pimp you still got corch D'onofrio as a GOAT DC?

They're both physical.

Your old lady still got the taste of my d!ck on her tongue?

Advertisement

They're both physical.

really bro?

And what do you do when your top RB goes down for the season with an injury?

You can't have too many.

It's not necessarily of a question of who or how many you have, it's a question of who's getting the ball.

I think we're in a much better situation now with carries going Homer 15/Dallas 5 per game, than if we were still doing Walton 15/Homer 5 carries per game.

You always want depth. But Richt/Brown's affinity to Walton scares me. I think they'd make sure Walton got carries, which would come at the expense of what I personally consider more talented RB's. And I think that could hurt instead of help the team.

A true 1-2 punch of Homer/Walton would be ideal imo. But I'd settle for Walton as a 3rd down back or even slot WR and the primary kick returner. Dallas can still have a role as a wildcat QB and compete with Lingard and Davis for that RB3.

Advertisement
In my opinion Walton is/was a better pass blocker than Homer. I do think that Walton as gotten a lot better at it since he has been playing more.

They're both physical.

really bro?
Bruh…smh

They're both physical.

really bro?
Bruh…smh

that was uncalled for..smhhhh

Advertisement
Back