Salute to Travis Homer

If he had Miller's top end speed he'd be unstoppable.

If Lamar ran as violent and tough as him LM would have been unstoppable and a first round pick.

Lamar's biggest weakness was he was average in pass pro. Homer on the otherhand craves contact. His pass pro is getting better and better and he'll be a man among boys next year. He has that dog in him similar to Portis. Runs much larger than his 205 pounds.

Average is generous Lamar was bad in pass pro it took him 3 years in the NFL to finally get it. Homer already has him beat in that aspect at the same time.

Advertisement
whenever Homer touches the ball, everyone should say "Dohhhhh"

I'm tellin you, would be a nice touch

loved the run down the side line and as the ND player came to tackle, Homer turned into him and gave the punishment

He destroyed that db at the end of that screen pass he broke off....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I think they've found a nice compliment for Homer in Dallas, at least for the remainder of the season. Deejay seems to be able to just get the yardage needed in short yardage situations, where Homer has struggled. In between the 20s, Homer has been an absolute beast. Definitely a threat to score any time he gets the ball.

Advertisement
Homer is #12 in FBS in YPC at 6.66 yards

He is far and away a better RB than Walton. It's not even close.

Each have their own strengths but walton is a beast too and a more instinctual runner , homer is just a better athlete and runs even tougher imo

Exactly.

It's not a matter of Homer being better than Walton - not at all.

Our Oline is jelling a bit better now than it has for years.

Two guys - one with a shotgun, the other with a rifle. Depending on game, terrain, weather, and visibility - each one will excel a bit over the other, and switch back and forth multiple times.

The shotgun is not better than the rifle - and the rifle is not superior to the shotgun. Conditions determine which works best at that moment.

he runs so hard. and seems to get better as the games goes. qualities you love in a back. a true workhorse

Advertisement
Walton should definitely come back and he would form a great 1-2 punch with Homer. TH has been a key part of this great season. We are very lucky to have him. He works hard and has a great attitude. He hits the hole fast & doles out punishment on would be tacklers. I love that he doesn't dance around at the LOS. Walton is a very polished back. He's very good at everything (finding the endzone, blocking, receiving & running). Those two & Lingard (with some DeeJay mixed in) will be a very special group of RBs.

Lastly, I'd take Duke all day over Yearby. Not ragging on Yearby but Duke was electric & a threat to house it on any touch. He was fun to watch as a Cane.

But I was clowned when I said pre-season that Walton and Homer would be the best 1-2 punch in CFB. Homer was a sleeper pick in the 2016 class. What he showed on special teams was undeniable. He's 195 and plays like he's 235. He's a true football running back. One thing I wanted to see him work on was his patience to allow lanes to open then burst through. No lie, Thomas Brown might be a top 3 RB coach in CFB. We all wanted Walton to do the same thing and Walton was seeing holes and cut back lanes on an elite level to start this year. As the season has progressed, Homer is becoming just a bit more patient and his ypc has increased exponentially.

Advertisement
But I was clowned when I said pre-season that Walton and Homer would be the best 1-2 punch in CFB. Homer was a sleeper pick in the 2016 class. What he showed on special teams was undeniable. He's 195 and plays like he's 235. He's a true football running back. One thing I wanted to see him work on was his patience to allow lanes to open then burst through. No lie, Thomas Brown might be a top 3 RB coach in CFB. We all wanted Walton to do the same thing and Walton was seeing holes and cut back lanes on an elite level to start this year. As the season has progressed, Homer is becoming just a bit more patient and his ypc has increased exponentially.
I said that too
Thomas Brown is defintiely one of the best running back coaches in the country and he is an elite recruiter

Our Cane boy TH24 is showing why he was a top recruit coming out of HS!! Homer was one of the best RBs coming out in HS, BUT he was in a pool of many different good RBs, SO of course ppl overlooked him BUT TH24 is showing the world that he's is one of the best!!

TH24 is a powerful RB that once he gets the step on a defender, they not catching him from behind.. I love MW1, BUT TH24 is just a different animal!! I'm not one for all the comparisons, all I know is Miami has had their share of really really really really good RBs in the past, BUT TH24 is making his mark.. This kid is a true Sophomore, I definitely see him joining that conversation!!

Homer has most of the tools, I mean old school toughness with 4.4 speed is great. His problem unlike Walton is holding onto the ball.

According to ESPN, we haven't had an offensive player fumble the ball all season. Can we finally put the myth that TH24 can't hold on to the ball to bed? 130 touches this year and not a single fumble lost, and he can't shake that one in his first ever game last season?

Miami Hurricanes 2017 Split Stats - College Football - ESPN

Homer is #12 in FBS in YPC at 6.66 yards

He is far and away a better RB than Walton. It's not even close.

Each have their own strengths but walton is a beast too and a more instinctual runner , homer is just a better athlete and runs even tougher imo

Exactly.

It's not a matter of Homer being better than Walton - not at all.

Our Oline is jelling a bit better now than it has for years.

Two guys - one with a shotgun, the other with a rifle. Depending on game, terrain, weather, and visibility - each one will excel a bit over the other, and switch back and forth multiple times.

The shotgun is not better than the rifle - and the rifle is not superior to the shotgun. Conditions determine which works best at that moment.

Dang, that's a perfect analogy!
......gish, I think I just got smarter.

Our Cane boy TH24 is showing why he was a top recruit coming out of HS!! Homer was one of the best RBs coming out in HS, BUT he was in a pool of many different good RBs, SO of course ppl overlooked him BUT TH24 is showing the world that he's is one of the best!!

TH24 is a powerful RB that once he gets the step on a defender, they not catching him from behind.. I love MW1, BUT TH24 is just a different animal!! I'm not one for all the comparisons, all I know is Miami has had their share of really really really really good RBs in the past, BUT TH24 is making his mark.. This kid is a true Sophomore, I definitely see him joining that conversation!!

Homer has most of the tools, I mean old school toughness with 4.4 speed is great. His problem unlike Walton is holding onto the ball.

According to ESPN, we haven't had an offensive player fumble the ball all season. Can we finally put the myth that TH24 can't hold on to the ball to bed? 130 touches this year and not a single fumble lost, and he can't shake that one in his first ever game last season?

Miami Hurricanes 2017 Split Stats - College Football - ESPN

thats not true. he fumbled late against north carolina. it was almost a disaster. defense bailed him out.

Advertisement
Back