Salute to Travis Homer

brock

All-American
He has one of the fastest burst from a running back especially at Miami that I’ve seen in years including duke and Lamar miller.

Best thing about it is that he runs though as **** and showing up in big games
170 8.5 ypc vs ga tech
98 6.8 ypc vs Va Tech
148 8.1 ypc vs Notre Dame
Just to name a few
Kid is a beast
[TWEET]929575269676879872[/TWEET]

Advertisement
With him and Dallas plus Lingard and Davis coming in (and possibly Cain and McIntosh in 2019), our RB quality and depth with be at Miami standards fairly soon.

Advertisement
If he had Miller's top end speed he'd be unstoppable.

He’s faster than every back that we have had since miller and it’s not really close
If he gets in the open field, I don’t think anyone can catch him
[TWEET]927016349662003200[/TWEET]

He has one of the fastest burst from a running back especially at Miami that I’ve seen in years including duke and Lamar miller.

Best thing about it is that he runs though as **** and showing up in big games
170 8.5 ypc vs ga tech
98 6.8 ypc vs Va Tech
148 8.1 ypc vs Notre Dame
Just to name a few
Kid is a beast
[TWEET]929575269676879872[/TWEET]

He was a beast out of HS. And he is a camp warrior. He was a nobody going into his Sr year...went to the Nike Camp at Alonzo Mourning HS where there were 800 kids and not one of them were D1..(I know, I was there)..then some kid that nobody heard of got a SPARQ score of like 130 or something crazy like that...and Jimbo offered him the next week. Film came out..rest is history.

Advertisement
loved the run down the side line and as the ND player came to tackle, Homer turned into him and gave the punishment

He’s faster than every back that we have had since miller and it’s not really close

I think Duke his freshman year before he bulked up may have been comparable to Homer but not once he put on the extra weight.

And I agree, Homer isn't gonna get caught from behind. But take that long run the other night when he ended up getting tripped up by his own guy. If he runs a 4.4 instead of a 4.5 he might be gone.

Like the rest of this team, Travis reminds me of the old days when a star goes down and the second string guy comes in. Couple weeks later, you can't remember the star. Saturday Deejay already showed that he has the same quality. He has serious nose for the goal line and might solve our red zone problem. As to Homer, the dude is outstanding.

Advertisement
Cut from a great pedigree. Doesn't his brother play for the Skins? His pops used to play at Dillard back in the day.

Once he fixes that vision issue (which is already getting better the more he plays), he has a chance to be one of the all timers. Guy is all business, and all football.

I think Duke his freshman year before he bulked up may have been comparable to Homer but not once he put on the extra weight.

And I agree, Homer isn't gonna get caught from behind. But take that long run the other night when he ended up getting tripped up by his own guy. If he runs a 4.4 instead of a 4.5 he might be gone.

Homer has consistently tested faster than a 4.48 which he had at the Nike spark combine testing. the way he ran away from Va Tech defenders is not 4.5 speed at all

Advertisement
Homer is #12 in FBS in YPC at 6.66 yards

He is far and away a better RB than Walton. It's not even close.

Each have their own strengths but walton is a beast too and a more instinctual runner , homer is just a better athlete and runs even tougher imo

Interesting conundrum if Walton comes back for his senior year.

I've always believed Brown was partial to Walton and wasn't really as high on Homer as the rest of us. Brown seems to like those alpha personalities, which just isn't Homer's style. Walton would get his starting job back in this scenario imo.

Interesting conundrum if Walton comes back for his senior year.

I've always believed Brown was partial to Walton and wasn't really as high on Homer as the rest of us. Brown seems to like those alpha male personalities, which just isn't Homer's style. Walton would get his starting job back in this scenario imo.

Also have to factor in DeeJay, Lingard and Davis.

Walton may be advised to declare by the staff.

Advertisement
Back