Salute to Travis Homer

Homer is #12 in FBS in YPC at 6.66 yards

He is far and away a better RB than Walton. It's not even close.

Interesting conundrum if Walton comes back for his senior year.

I've always believed Brown was partial to Walton and wasn't really as high on Homer as the rest of us. Brown seems to like those alpha personalities, which just isn't Homer's style. Walton would get his starting job back in this scenario imo.

Would be one of the most explosive tandems in football a top 5 rb group in the country
With
Walton
Homer
Dallas
Lingard
Davis
Burns
Gray

Advertisement
He has one of the fastest burst from a running back especially at Miami that I’ve seen in years including duke and Lamar miller.

Well put. That's really what makes him special. It's the same trait that Dalvin Cook has -- seemingly able to get to near top speed from the first step.

Cut from a great pedigree. Doesn't his brother play for the Skins? His pops used to play at Dillard back in the day.

Once he fixes that vision issue (which is already getting better the more he plays), he has a chance to be one of the all timers. Guy is all business, and all football.

I'll give Brown a lot of credit for what he's done with our RBs. Dramatic improvement in Homer and Walton once they had solid film.

I've always believed Brown was partial to Walton and wasn't really as high on Homer as the rest of us. Brown seems to like those alpha personalities, which just isn't Homer's style. Walton would get his starting job back in this scenario imo.

Would be one of the most explosive tandems in football a top 5 rb group in the country
With
Walton
Homer
Dallas
Lingard
Davis
Burns
Gray

I'd be shocked if Gray doesn't transfer or switch positions.

Burns is gonna really have to show something to stand out. He has the talent but he's so far behind. Basically missed two full years.

I've always believed Brown was partial to Walton and wasn't really as high on Homer as the rest of us. Brown seems to like those alpha male personalities, which just isn't Homer's style. Walton would get his starting job back in this scenario imo.

Also have to factor in DeeJay, Lingard and Davis.

Walton may be advised to declare by the staff.

In what world do elite programs advise their top guys to leave?

No coach is doing that. Richt absolutely wants R.J. and Norton back. And he would welcome Walton back.

You stack talented depth so you’re not in trouble when your top guys leave early, or injuries happen.

You don’t push top guys out to make room for new guys ... You push the bottom guys out.

Advertisement
If he had Miller's top end speed he'd be unstoppable.

He’s faster than every back that we have had since miller and it’s not really close
If he gets in the open field, I don’t think anyone can catch him
[TWEET]927016349662003200[/TWEET]

I think Duke his freshman year before he bulked up may have been comparable to Homer but not once he put on the extra weight.

And I agree, Homer isn't gonna get caught from behind. But take that long run the other night when he ended up getting tripped up by his own guy. If he runs a 4.4 instead of a 4.5 he might be gone.

Duke was able to get to his top speed faster than anyone I've seen (you could see him accelerating away from people) but there were always DBs who had higher top ends, and I think that was always true of him. That's why he had lots of 50 yd runs that didn't quite make it to the endzone. That acceleration gave Duke a good 40 time, but I think Homer's 100m would be better.

Homer is [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 2[/URL] in FBS in YPC at 6.66 yards

I've always believed Brown was partial to Walton and wasn't really as high on Homer as the rest of us. Brown seems to like those alpha male personalities, which just isn't Homer's style. Walton would get his starting job back in this scenario imo.

No coach is doing that. Richt absolutely wants R.J. and Norton back. And he would welcome Walton back.

You stack talented depth so you’re not in trouble when your top guys leave early, or injuries happen.

You don’t push top guys out to make room for new guys ... You push the bottom guys out.

There are only so many carries to go around.

Walton and now Homer are both used to being the top guys. The alpha dogs. It could be frustrating for one of them to take the step back. Especially since Brown likes to have a clear cut #1 .

With
Walton
Homer
Dallas
Lingard
Davis
Burns
Gray

I'd be shocked if Gray doesn't transfer or switch positions.

Burns is gonna really have to show something to stand out. He has the talent but he's so far behind. Basically missed two full years.

Yep

DeeJay should be moved to the slot next season if lingard is as advertised. He has good short area quickness and would be great on jet sweeps. That gives us a way to keep our playmakers on the field together.

Advertisement

There are only so many carries to go around.

UGA is figuring it out. Alabama has figured it out. We can figure it out, if everyone has the talent.

Plus, kids aren’t gonna gripe about saving their bodies for the next level.

We don't beat FSU without Homer... **** we probably don't beat Ga Tech... Homer took that game over

Advertisement

Homer has no doubt stepped up, so has DeeJay. Both of them be ballers, just like Walton. Those putting walton down are mouth breathers

If Walton was playing the offense would not be having this season's red zone woes. Walton just has a knack for getting in that box. With that being said, seems like DeeJay may have it too. However, with the depth we are looking at coming in at RB, I think DeeJay can help us more in the slot next season.

The way he puts a foot in the ground and just delivers the blow on defenders is Damien berry like, but the way he accelerates is Duke Johnson like. You can see his limitations as far as vision goes, but they way he runs creates a LOT of positive gains. And really gives him more opportunities to break big runs because of the way he just gets up field. He’s really is a joy to watch. He’s so powerful for a guy that might weigh under 200 lbs.

Advertisement
Having Walton return would be a nice boost. He looked amazing prior to getting hurt against Toledo.

I'm sure they could find a role for him (3rd down back?) but Homer does appear to be the answer.

Best UM backs the past several years in order:

1. Homer
2. Walton
3. Pre Pop Belly Yearby
4. Duke

Best UM backs the past several years in order:

1. Homer
2. Walton
3. Pre Pop Belly Yearby
4. Duke

1. Miller
2. Duck