Salute to Travis Homer

Our Cane boy TH24 is showing why he was a top recruit coming out of HS!! Homer was one of the best RBs coming out in HS, BUT he was in a pool of many different good RBs, SO of course ppl overlooked him BUT TH24 is showing the world that he's is one of the best!!

TH24 is a powerful RB that once he gets the step on a defender, they not catching him from behind.. I love MW1, BUT TH24 is just a different animal!! I'm not one for all the comparisons, all I know is Miami has had their share of really really really really good RBs in the past, BUT TH24 is making his mark.. This kid is a true Sophomore, I definitely see him joining that conversation!!

Advertisement
Pleasant surprise, at least for me. I just didn’t see it with him even last year. Thought he was a bit stiff and not much wiggle but the kid 1) hits the hole hard, 2) has endless energy, 3) and plays more physical than his size.

Pleasant surprise, at least for me. I just didn’t see it with him even last year. Thought he was a bit stiff and not much wiggle but the kid 1) hits the hole hard, 2) has endless energy, 3) and plays more physical than his size.

I knew as soon as I saw him take some carries against Florida A&M in the opener last year that he was going to be a player.

Can't teach that burst.

Advertisement

I knew as soon as I saw him take some carries against Florida A&M in the opener last year that he was going to be a player.

Can't teach that burst.

Yeah, I think we all knew he had the burst. For me, I thought he lacked the wiggle to be a great one but he is pretty darn good out there

Advertisement
Mike James had a really underrated senior season.
ohhhhhh good call. criminally underrated. he was a steady, solid guy. didn't get a lot of press. he was over 1K, right?

621 rushing

344 receiving

344 on only 30 catches. 11.4 average.

wow! not bad for a guy pretty much flipping burgers now.

Love it when there are fans that love bagging on former players. Mike James was a solid back for Miami when he was playing here.

He is one of those backs that can get stuffed 6 times in a row, but on the 7th carry he'll rip off a 50 yard TD run. For a guy who gets his speed questioned as much as he does, he sure seems to be able to take it to the end zone with some frequency. He can catch too. With the hitting the hole hard, running low, ability to catch....I almost want to say I see some Thurman Thomas in him.

Best part about Homer is that he looks for someone to hit and hit hard. He doesn't shy away from contact he might actually run harder right into a defenders chest. He lets defenders know that they will fell something when they come to tackle him. I love that about him.

Our Cane boy TH24 is showing why he was a top recruit coming out of HS!! Homer was one of the best RBs coming out in HS, BUT he was in a pool of many different good RBs, SO of course ppl overlooked him BUT TH24 is showing the world that he's is one of the best!!

TH24 is a powerful RB that once he gets the step on a defender, they not catching him from behind.. I love MW1, BUT TH24 is just a different animal!! I'm not one for all the comparisons, all I know is Miami has had their share of really really really really good RBs in the past, BUT TH24 is making his mark.. This kid is a true Sophomore, I definitely see him joining that conversation!!

Alot of our guys in that 16 class (Joe Jackson, Shaq, Pinc) didn't get alot of love nationally bc they handled their recruitment like men. No wavering. No drama. They stayed committed and just went about their senior years.

Advertisement
ohhhhhh good call. criminally underrated. he was a steady, solid guy. didn't get a lot of press. he was over 1K, right?

621 rushing

344 receiving

Love it when there are fans that love bagging on former players. Mike James was a solid back for Miami when he was playing here.

huh? I said he was 'criminally underrated' in a previous post.

no bagging here

621 rushing

344 receiving

Played four years in NFL, even if he made league min. he earned close to 2 million dollars. If he took care of his money I wouldnt bet on him flipping burgers..unless he wants to

I think people are underrating how good Mark Walton actually is, but happy to have a backup who steps in an we see little to no dropoff at all. Homer's burst is elite. Wish he had a little more wiggle, but can't be perfect.

Advertisement
If he had Miller's top end speed he'd be unstoppable.

If Lamar ran as violent and tough as him LM would have been unstoppable and a first round pick.

Lamar's biggest weakness was he was average in pass pro. Homer on the otherhand craves contact. His pass pro is getting better and better and he'll be a man among boys next year. He has that dog in him similar to Portis. Runs much larger than his 205 pounds.

Homer has most of the tools, I mean old school toughness with 4.4 speed is great. His problem unlike Walton is holding onto the ball.

Love the aggressive style of running Homer has. That’s the type of back the Hogmollies get excited to block for.

Advertisement
Back