Saleem Brightwell OLB NJ

Advertisement
He's going to FSU to continue his career. Not sure Miami ever had chance but then again, don't think Miami recruited him...

Wish we could have gotten in on Kilby-Lane. That kid hits like a truck Very mean attacking LBer.

He's going to FSU to continue his career. Not sure Miami ever had chance but then again, don't think Miami recruited him...

Wish we could have gotten in on Kilby-Lane. That kid hits like a truck Very mean attacking LBer.

We recruited him heavy, he got mad cause we didn't offer him sooner than we did.....smh... we offered him soon as juniors could receive written offers.... that situation just didnt make sense to me..

I'd rather have the kid MachoCat has been promoting on here.

This staff is on a mission to end up with more commits from NJ/NY than Dade/Broward/Palm Beach, so there's no room for explosive savages from our own backyard like Talan.

All the hate for NJ kids on this board is getting rediculous, when you look at who we’ve gotten from the tri-state area since Golden got here in 2010:

2011 O. Pierre (NJ) - Starter
2011 D. Smith (CT) - Starter
2013 AQM (NJ) - Starter

2013 Gus (NY) – 2nd String
2013 Knighton (NJ) - Injured
2013 K. Olsen (NJ) – Gone, was a potential starter
2014 Heurtelou (NY) - Starter
2014 Badgely (NJ, walk-on) Starter
2014 D. Jenkins (NJ) – 2nd String, future starter
2014 Njoku (NJ) – Redshirt, great potential
2014 K. Hester (NJ) – gone
2015 Washington (NJ)
2015 Gordinier (NJ)

There have been 11 scholarship players signed by Golden since he got here and a handful of walk-ons. Sure 2 guys are no longer on the team (Hester, Olsen). Both were talented and worthy of a scholarship. We got 4 DT from that area, our weakest position (Pierre, Smith, Heurtelou, Jenkins), 3 have started and Jenkins will most likely be a starter before he leaves. We got Gus and AQM who have both been solid. Njoku is a great athlete with a ton of potential. Knighton got injured and may never develop but he was a good prospect. Badgley had to start as a true freshman walk-on last year when Goudis went down. So let’s see we got 5 starters out of 11 and another 3 guys who might start down the road. There is not much to complain about from this group. I don’t care where the players come from as long as they can play. Based on this track record, I would love to see more players like AQM, Jenkins, Heurtelou, Pierre and Gus. I don’t care if they are from NJ or AK.

I posted this before but it proves my point: Get the best player at each position that is willing to come to the U, regardless where they are from.

2001 team is possibly the greatest college football team ever assembled and everyone keeps saying how Butch locked down S. Florida.

Interesting thing is that on the 98 man roster there were 44 who were not from FL not just S. Florida, including 13 of the 24 starters.

44/98 were not from FL.
13/24 starters not from FL
4/6 AA were not from FL
8/13 All Big-East not from FL
7/9 Award finalists not from FL

Joaquin was the only OL starter from FL.

o. Name Pos. Cl. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School/JC
1 Daryl Jones WR Sr. 5-10 184 Dallas, TX/Carter
11 Ken Dorsey QB Jr. 6-5 210 Orinda, CA/Miramonte
88 Jeremy Shockey TE Jr. 6-6 236 Ada, OK/Ada/NE Oklahoma JC
78 Bryant McKinnie OT Sr. 6-9 335 Woodbury, NJ/Woodbury/Lackawanna JC
74 Sherko Haji-Rasouli OL Jr. 6-6 326 Toronto, Ontario, Canada/MacDonald
65 Martin Bibla OG Sr. 6-4 300 Mountaintop, PA/Crestwood
66 Brett Romberg C Jr. 6-3 293 Windsor, Ontario, Canada/Belle River District

17 D.J. Williams LB So. 6-2 244 Concord, CA/De La Salle
20 Edward Reed FS Sr. 6-0 198 St. Rose, LA/Destrehan
48 Chris Campbell LB Sr. 6-2 225 Mt. Pleasant, TX/Mt. Pleasant
23 James Lewis SS Sr. 5-11 196 Piscataway, NJ/Piscataway

13 Freddie Capshaw P Jr. 5-11 190 Rock Springs, WY/Rock Springs
16 Todd Sievers K Jr. 6-3 215 Ankeny, IA/Ankeny

We need to recruit top talent regardless where they live.

Just look at the 13 out of state starters we had:
1 IA
1 WY
2 NJ
1 OK
2 TX
1 LA
1 PA
2 CA
2 Canada

Advertisement

This staff is on a mission to end up with more commits from NJ/NY than Dade/Broward/Palm Beach, so there's no room for explosive savages from our own backyard like Talan.

All the hate for NJ kids on this board is getting rediculous, when you look at who we’ve gotten from the tri-state area since Golden got here in 2010:

2013 AQM (NJ) - Starter

2015 Washington (NJ)
2015 Gordinier (NJ)

There have been 11 scholarship players signed by Golden since he got here and a handful of walk-ons. Sure 2 guys are no longer on the team (Hester, Olsen). Both were talented and worthy of a scholarship. We got 4 DT from that area, our weakest position (Pierre, Smith, Heurtelou, Jenkins), 3 have started and Jenkins will most likely be a starter before he leaves. We got Gus and AQM who have both been solid. Njoku is a great athlete with a ton of potential. Knighton got injured and may never develop but he was a good prospect. Badgley had to start as a true freshman walk-on last year when Goudis went down. So let’s see we got 5 starters out of 11 and another 3 guys who might start down the road. There is not much to complain about from this group. I don’t care where the players come from as long as they can play. Based on this track record, I would love to see more players like AQM, Jenkins, Heurtelou, Pierre and Gus. I don’t care if they are from NJ or AK.

If we keep getting the same type of recruits, it signifies that we continue to play the same type of **** *** football. No one is hating on the individual players, we are sick and ******* tired of watching awful football, then having our coach **** on our head and tell us it is raining.

crossover22[]_[];2119411 said:
If Michigan state wants him then we should want him.

It doesn't work like that when you know he'd be getting better coaching in a totally different system at MSU.

Hurricane Warrior, please stop with these **** facts, man. Fucc! Lol. U get the best players that u can find, no matter where they're from, and u coach they a$$e$ up! That's where did staff is failing. The coaching up the talent that u have part.
The frustration with the fans is that we are 6-6, we hate Al Golden because he sux and we're 6-6, and missing on elite talent from our own backyard, while F$U is thriving, while we are 6-6. I realize that we have NEVER gotten all of our top So. Fla targets, not even with Butch. But the fans are sick of watching our SF kids balling for other schools, while we sit and hope that our Joisey canes can make up for our lack of coaching!

Film looks good to me.

Does anyone who knows what they are looking at as far as LB for this scheme have anything to say about it?

Advertisement
Hurricane Warrior, please stop with these **** facts, man. Fucc! Lol. U get the best players that u can find, no matter where they're from, and u coach they a$$e$ up! That's where did staff is failing. The coaching up the talent that u have part.
The frustration with the fans is that we are 6-6, we hate Al Golden because he sux and we're 6-6, and missing on elite talent from our own backyard, while F$U is thriving, while we are 6-6. I realize that we have NEVER gotten all of our top So. Fla targets, not even with Butch. But the fans are sick of watching our SF kids balling for other schools, while we sit and hope that our Joisey canes can make up for our lack of coaching!

Sorry, I'll try to get in touch more with my emotions like some of these ******* on this board.

Last edited:
They need to give 2015 LB Nick Thomas from IMG Academy the court press, the kid is a tackling machine.

Go Canes

I posted this before but it proves my point: Get the best player at each position that is willing to come to the U, regardless where they are from.

2001 team is possibly the greatest college football team ever assembled and everyone keeps saying how Butch locked down S. Florida.

Interesting thing is that on the 98 man roster there were 44 who were not from FL not just S. Florida, including 13 of the 24 starters.

44/98 were not from FL.
13/24 starters not from FL
4/6 AA were not from FL
8/13 All Big-East not from FL
7/9 Award finalists not from FL

Joaquin was the only OL starter from FL.

o. Name Pos. Cl. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School/JC
1 Daryl Jones WR Sr. 5-10 184 Dallas, TX/Carter
11 Ken Dorsey QB Jr. 6-5 210 Orinda, CA/Miramonte
88 Jeremy Shockey TE Jr. 6-6 236 Ada, OK/Ada/NE Oklahoma JC
78 Bryant McKinnie OT Sr. 6-9 335 Woodbury, NJ/Woodbury/Lackawanna JC
74 Sherko Haji-Rasouli OL Jr. 6-6 326 Toronto, Ontario, Canada/MacDonald
65 Martin Bibla OG Sr. 6-4 300 Mountaintop, PA/Crestwood
66 Brett Romberg C Jr. 6-3 293 Windsor, Ontario, Canada/Belle River District

20 Edward Reed FS Sr. 6-0 198 St. Rose, LA/Destrehan
23 James Lewis SS Sr. 5-11 196 Piscataway, NJ/Piscataway

13 Freddie Capshaw P Jr. 5-11 190 Rock Springs, WY/Rock Springs
16 Todd Sievers K Jr. 6-3 215 Ankeny, IA/Ankeny

We need to recruit top talent regardless where they live.

Just look at the 13 out of state starters we had:
1 IA
1 WY
2 NJ
1 OK
2 TX
1 LA
1 PA
2 CA
2 Canada

:fistbump:

2013 AQM (NJ) - Starter

2015 Washington (NJ)
2015 Gordinier (NJ)

If we keep getting the same type of recruits, it signifies that we continue to play the same type of **** *** football. No one is hating on the individual players, we are sick and ******* tired of watching awful football, then having our coach **** on our head and tell us it is raining.

Agreed, we need upgrades and better hit ratios and better player development at some positions.... but these Jersey boys aren't really good examples of that. They may not be all world but all are solid, if we had more stars like Duke, then some of these guys would have come in and provided good depth like Gus. We don't so a lot of them had to play bigger roles than they should at this level but many have been developed and overachieved..

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think our linebacking core should be made up of athletes from the south. Having said that, I also thought Courtel Jenkins was a going to be a Jersey JAG.

Don't believe the hype... We've always had out of state LBs playing with the Florida boys at LB. Just look at the LBs from our last 2 championship team:

51 Jonathan Vilma LB So. 6-2 211 Coral Gables, FL/Coral Gables
49 Darrell McClover LB So. 6-2 215 Coconut Creek, FL/Coconut Creek
45 Howard Clark LB Jr. 6-1 224 Pennsauken, NJ/Pennsauken
50 Roger McIntosh LB Fr. 6-3 220 Gaffney, SC/Gaffney
38 Carl Walker LB So. 6-3 199 Jacksonville, FL/Jackson
44 Leon Williams LB Fr. 6-4 220 Brooklyn, NY/Canarsie
47 Ken Dangerfield LB Jr. 6-2 230 Patterson, LA/Patterson
57 Javon Nanton LB Fr. 6-2 215 Miami, FL/Springs
58 Jarrell Weaver LB So. 6-3 203 Miami, FL/Northwestern

45 Darrin Smith LB 6-1 228 Jr Miami, FL
56 Michael Barrow LB 6-2 230 Jr Homestead, FL
1 Jessie Armstead LB 6-2 218 Jr Dallas, TX
99 Matt Britton LB 6-3 230 Sr Miami, FL
80 Derrick Golden LB 6-3 233 Sr St. Petersburg, FL
58 Corwin Francis LB 6-0 205 Fr LaPorte, TX
61 Bruce Eberst LB 6-1 240 Jr Miami, FL
83 Dietrich Clausell LB 6-2 222 Fr Gulfport, MS
53 Sean Thompson LB 6-2 222 Jr Somerdale, NJ
16 Travis Cooper LB 6-3 224 Fr Miami, FL
49 Robert Bass LB 6-2 230 Jr Brooklyn, NY
55 Willie Phillips LB 6-0 220 Fr Arcadia, FL
57 Kevin Brinkworth LB 6-0 220 Fr Buffalo, NY
59 Corries Hardy LB 6-3 225 Fr Melbourne, FL

52 Denzel Perryman LB 6-0 242 Sr. Coral Gables, Fla. (Coral Gables HS)
56 Raphael Kirby LB 6-1 238 Jr. Stone Mountain, Ga. (Stephenson HS)
34 Thurston Armbrister LB 6-3 241 Sr. Hollywood, Fla. (Hollywood Hills HS)
17 Tyriq McCord LB 6-3 248 Jr. Tampa, Fla. (Jefferson HS)
58 Darrion Owens LB 6-3 235 Fr. Orange Park, Fla. (Oakleaf HS)
5 Jermaine Grace LB 6-1 212 So. Miami Gardens, Fla. (Miramar HS)
51 Juwon Young LB 6-2 226 Fr. Albany, Ga. (Albany HS)
13 Marques Gayot S 6-1 205 Fr. Lake Worth, Fla. (Park Vista Community HS)
23 Terry McCray LB 6-3 227 Fr. Pompano Beach, Fla. (Blanche Ely HS)

The 2 LBs we missed the most this year would have been out of state Johnson (GA) and Figueroa (VA).

Last edited:
Advertisement
This Kid is really trending to us now. awe have took over the crystal ball predictions. I always look at Demetric Warren Crystal balls. he is not always right but he always have the top 2 teams picked for the player. I think this kid can excel here. he needs to fight through blocks better IMO but overall is a good take.

Who might some of these options be? Always see people are commenting on need for lb?
6'2", 200lb 3 star linebacker from NJ....makes sense. Its not like SoFla is a fertile recruiting area for 6ft, 200lb athletes that can run sub 4.5 in the forty. Recruit Oline and DT's from SoFla and supplement with athletes from the northeast. Pretty sound logic to me.

well it sure isn't another NJ ***** why we lose players like Irwin to tx

Don't believe the hype... We've always had out of state LBs playing with the Florida boys at LB. Just look at the LBs from our last 2 championship team:

51 Jonathan Vilma LB So. 6-2 211 Coral Gables, FL/Coral Gables
49 Darrell McClover LB So. 6-2 215 Coconut Creek, FL/Coconut Creek
45 Howard Clark LB Jr. 6-1 224 Pennsauken, NJ/Pennsauken
50 Roger McIntosh LB Fr. 6-3 220 Gaffney, SC/Gaffney
38 Carl Walker LB So. 6-3 199 Jacksonville, FL/Jackson
44 Leon Williams LB Fr. 6-4 220 Brooklyn, NY/Canarsie
47 Ken Dangerfield LB Jr. 6-2 230 Patterson, LA/Patterson
57 Javon Nanton LB Fr. 6-2 215 Miami, FL/Springs
58 Jarrell Weaver LB So. 6-3 203 Miami, FL/Northwestern

45 Darrin Smith LB 6-1 228 Jr Miami, FL
56 Michael Barrow LB 6-2 230 Jr Homestead, FL
1 Jessie Armstead LB 6-2 218 Jr Dallas, TX
99 Matt Britton LB 6-3 230 Sr Miami, FL
80 Derrick Golden LB 6-3 233 Sr St. Petersburg, FL
58 Corwin Francis LB 6-0 205 Fr LaPorte, TX
61 Bruce Eberst LB 6-1 240 Jr Miami, FL
83 Dietrich Clausell LB 6-2 222 Fr Gulfport, MS
53 Sean Thompson LB 6-2 222 Jr Somerdale, NJ
16 Travis Cooper LB 6-3 224 Fr Miami, FL
49 Robert Bass LB 6-2 230 Jr Brooklyn, NY
55 Willie Phillips LB 6-0 220 Fr Arcadia, FL
57 Kevin Brinkworth LB 6-0 220 Fr Buffalo, NY
59 Corries Hardy LB 6-3 225 Fr Melbourne, FL

52 Denzel Perryman LB 6-0 242 Sr. Coral Gables, Fla. (Coral Gables HS)
56 Raphael Kirby LB 6-1 238 Jr. Stone Mountain, Ga. (Stephenson HS)
34 Thurston Armbrister LB 6-3 241 Sr. Hollywood, Fla. (Hollywood Hills HS)
17 Tyriq McCord LB 6-3 248 Jr. Tampa, Fla. (Jefferson HS)
58 Darrion Owens LB 6-3 235 Fr. Orange Park, Fla. (Oakleaf HS)
5 Jermaine Grace LB 6-1 212 So. Miami Gardens, Fla. (Miramar HS)
51 Juwon Young LB 6-2 226 Fr. Albany, Ga. (Albany HS)
13 Marques Gayot S 6-1 205 Fr. Lake Worth, Fla. (Park Vista Community HS)
23 Terry McCray LB 6-3 227 Fr. Pompano Beach, Fla. (Blanche Ely HS)

The 2 LBs we missed the most this year would have been out of state Johnson (GA) and Figueroa (VA).

Nelson?

Film looks good to me.

Does anyone who knows what they are looking at as far as LB for this scheme have anything to say about it?

How long do you think AG will be around and his scheme ? You think he will last this kids Four year? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Advertisement
Back