Saleem Brightwell OLB NJ

Advertisement
We're gonna end up with more commits from Jersey than from Dade & Broward combined, aren't we?

So much for deemphasizing recruiting the Northeast after the Kiy Hester debacle.

Located in South Florida. Heavily recruits New Jersey.

sherlcok_is_dissapointed_by_holodeck_shepard-d4p2fem.gif

Advertisement
6'2", 200lb 3 star linebacker from NJ....makes sense. Its not like SoFla is a fertile recruiting area for 6ft, 200lb athletes that can run sub 4.5 in the forty. Recruit Oline and DT's from SoFla and supplement with athletes from the northeast. Pretty sound logic to me.

Who might some of these options be? Always see people are commenting on need for lb?
6'2", 200lb 3 star linebacker from NJ....makes sense. Its not like SoFla is a fertile recruiting area for 6ft, 200lb athletes that can run sub 4.5 in the forty. Recruit Oline and DT's from SoFla and supplement with athletes from the northeast. Pretty sound logic to me.

funny that this guy has offers from Michigan State (elite D), Nebraska (known for their Defense), and Wisconsin but you guys are complaining about offering this kid lmao

If there is one thing that this defensive staff does well (one of the very few things), it is identifying good under the radar linebackers (eddie johnson, paul, figueroa). Hopefully this kid has his head on straight.

Advertisement
Who might some of these options be? Always see people are commenting on need for lb?
This is actually a down year for linebackers in South Florida and this staff has a commitment from one of the best prospects. They are still pursing Comey, he just does not seem interested to give Miami a chance. So where do you expect the staff to go?

funny that this guy has offers from Michigan State (elite D), Nebraska (known for their Defense), and Wisconsin but you guys are complaining about offering this kid lmao

If there is one thing that this defensive staff does well (one of the very few things), it is identifying good under the radar linebackers (eddie johnson, paul, figueroa). Hopefully this kid has his head on straight.

Who later get thrown out of school. Big deal.

With the limited options why not say this has 2 be better then nothing. Has offers from some good schools.
This is actually a down year for linebackers in South Florida and this staff has a commitment from one of the best prospects. They are still pursing Comey, he just does not seem interested to give Miami a chance. So where do you expect the staff to go?

Advertisement

don't say that these dumb south florida ****** think that only good football is played in the south. That there is absolutely no way that we can find a good football player anywhere but in S.fla.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-7132770319801560853/recruiting-paramus-catholic-lb-saleem-brightwell-will-visit-missouri-this-weekend-adds-an-acc-offer/

Recruiting: Paramus Catholic LB Saleem Brightwell will visit Missouri this weekend, adds an ACC offer

Ranked the No. 23 prospect on the NJ.com Top 50 list, Paramus Catholic senior linebacker Saleem Brightwell remains one of the top players in New Jersey who is yet to make his college decision. However, with National Signing Day less than two months away, recruitment will now become a focus.

This includes taking trips to see college campuses. The 6-2, 205-pounder will be taking his first official visit to Missouri this weekend, Paramus Catholic head man Chris Partridge informed NJ.com on Monday afternoon. In an interview earlier in the fall, Brightwell, who holds more than 20 offers, said he was down to Missouri, Nebraska, Michigan State and Pitt.

However, following a monster senior season, where he recorded more than 70 tackles and seven sacks, Brightwell figured to add some more offers. On Monday morning, the talented defensemen picked up a new scholarship from the Miami Hurricanes, Partridge said. Miami has one linebacker commit for its 2015 class according to Scout.com.

The Hurricanes, who finished 6-6 this season, are no stranger to recruiting the Garden State. Red Bank Catholic's Jamie Gordinier committed to the ACC program back in early June.

Advertisement
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-5684753023599017516/final-four-paramus-catholic-standout-olb-saleem-brightwell-down-to-michigan-state-nebraska-missouri-and-pitt/

Final Four: Paramus Catholic standout OLB Saleem Brightwell down to Michigan State, Nebraska, Missouri and Pitt

By Braulio Perez | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
on October 04, 2014

When you’re on a team like No. 3 Paramus Catholic, and you’re as skilled as outside linebacker Saleem Brightwell, it’s going to be extremely difficult for talent to go unnoticed.

And for Brightwell, ranked the No. 23 prospect on the NJ.com Top 50 list, this certainly hasn’t been an issue. The 6-2, 215-pounder has racked up 19 scholarship offers.

On Saturday night, though, the highly-recruited senior informed NJ.com that he has a list of finalists.

“My top four right now is Michigan State, Nebraska, Missouri and Pitt,” Brightwell said. “I’m not sure about all of my visits yet, but I’m going to be setting some up. I want to make sure I visit all of those schools.”

Brightwell, ranked three stars and the No. 91 outside linebacker by Scout.com, had Boston College, Iowa, North Carolina, Rutgers, Syracuse, Wisconsin and others not make his top list.

So what was it about those four schools that stood out?

“It’s just the relationships I’ve built with those programs,” Brightwell said. “The coaches have all been in pretty close contact with me and they show interest in making me a better player.”

Of his final four, the only campus the Paladins’ standout has visited is Michigan State. He was in Lansing for a two-day unofficial visit in April.

“When I visited, it seemed like a very family-oriented team,” Brightwell said. “When I was there, they made me feel like I would be playing here (Paramus Catholic). It felt like home, which I really liked.”

When asked what he’s looking for in a school, Brightwell said, “I just need a family oriented team that’s willing to work. I need good coaches who will work with me as well.”

Last edited:
I'm not even a Florida guy, dumb ***, I am actually from Ohio and have lived in Los Angeles for the past 10 years. But the simple fact is, there are a ton of local guys every year who this staff pass on to go offer some kid from NJ or PA or Ohio. Why put all the effort, money and time to try to convince some diamond in the rough from up north, when there are a ton of these type of guys from Tampa all the way down to Miami? ****, even go to Georgia to find a 3 star LB. When you have a fertile recruiting area for a certain type of player or athlete, you take advantage of it and use the rest of the country to supplement what you don't find in your local area. It's ******* recruiting 101.

Why do you think every school North of the panhandle comes down to SoFla to find playmakers? Is it a coincidence that Urban Meyer, Charlie Strong, Malzahn, Saban and even Oregon come into Florida to supplement their team speed and athletic ability? If you are going to go out of your area to get the type of player that is in abundance locally, you better make **** sure that he is a special player that you have to recruit if you can get him. AQM was exactly that type of player, which is why everyone was ******* excited when he threw up the U at the Army AA game.

I don't give a **** who offered this kid. Those schools have to go out of their area to find kids like this. Miami doesn't have to do that. Just like USC shouldn't go to Indiana to find a 3 star QB, no matter if it's a down year for QB's in Cali or not. If USC is going to go after an out of state QB, I can guarantee you he is a minimum 4 star and top ten QB. Ohio State should never come down to Florida to pick up a 3 star offensive lineman, not when they can throw a stone a couple hundred miles in any direction and find a similar prospect.

It causes strains in relationships with local coaches, who you should be allies with, when you offer a kid from 1000 miles away instead of the local kid who is a similar type of prospect. It's bad for business and it will bite you in the *** in the long run. You think it's a coincidence that Al Golden is about to get run out of town? Ignore local kids. Run a system that doesn't fit the local recruiting base. Precede to lose 6 games. Recruiting class continues to slide. If you're going to do all these things, you better make **** sure you hit on these out of state projects and that you're winning football games. Al is doing neither. So **** off.

Advertisement
Back