Said it earlier and Walton > Barkley

Barkley is a freak

giphy.gif

6eLkASp

I see fb players jumping over players all the time.... omg but Barkley is a freak!!! Once in a 5 year back bc of this!!

No, you don't.

[TWEET]792495597404188673[/TWEET]
This hurdle was even more impressive by richards Imo. The guy Barkley jumped over was breaking down for the tackle whereas the guy richards jumped over was practically standing and he still cleared him with room to spare.

Barkley was also hit in mid air after the hurdle and still maintained balance. Ahmmon is amazing, too.

I love how saying anything good about a player compared to a Miami player triggers half this site.
It ain’t hate, just annoying when people hype players up for doing regular sh*t that a lot of rbs and receivers are capable of doing in college like a hurdle

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am not sure why anyone is neg'ing the OP. One of the NFL Draft's truths...never doubt the South Florida talent over other state talent.

While its certainly a hot take, its not a bad one. NFL running back success is heavily reliant of situation a player goes to, not the round they are drafted in. If you were a semi-smart fan, as good as Leonard Fournette is, Dalvin Cook - regardless of his horrendous combine - was every bit his peer, if not superior throughout their entire careers (look at their career numbers...Dalvin is better) and through a few games in the NFL, both are GOOD, but so far, Dalvin has been BETTER and he was drafted what...40 picks later?

Pre-draft, Lamar Miller was an after thought. Not a BAD prospect, but...look at what happened, he's better then every runner drafted ahead of him, including "elite" prospect Trent Richardson.

Davonta Freeman, Carlos Hyde (SW Florida), Terrance West better then every runner in their class.

Its not a 100% hit rate, but lets not act like picking the South Florida back is some terrible hot take...its actually a nice bet, especially when you can get Mark Walton much later in the draft then you would get Barkley (who is good, don't get me wrong).

This is one of those threads we will bump eventually...Ill ride with the South Florida back at a discount over Barkley at the high premium.

I see fb players jumping over players all the time.... omg but Barkley is a freak!!! Once in a 5 year back bc of this!!

No, you don't.

This hurdle was even more impressive by richards Imo. The guy Barkley jumped over was breaking down for the tackle whereas the guy richards jumped over was practically standing and he still cleared him with room to spare.

Barkley was also hit in mid air after the hurdle and still maintained balance. Ahmmon is amazing, too.

I love how saying anything good about a player compared to a Miami player triggers half this site.
It ain’t hate, just annoying when people hype players up for doing regular sh*t that a lot of rbs and receivers are capable of doing in college like a hurdle

Doing a hurdle over one player then getting hit by another player while you're still in air and maintaining your balance is not something every back in the country can do.

Dalvin cook is >>>>> better than Barkley and it’s not close. He’s good but is overhyped at the same time

Barkley is considered one of the best rb prospects of the last 5 years . One of the most complete backs you'll ever find.

It's your opinion but Cook was never viewed this way. I really don't know how you get that conclusion , but oh well.

Who views Barkley as one of the best rb prospects of the last 5 years?? Lol besides you, nystateofmind, Penn St.fans, and the dck riding media who have zero credibility on the subject?

Scouts. It's mentioned all the time.

You're a god awful troll or just know nothing about football. Probably both .

Miami has to be the only team you watch.

Yeah like I said a bunch of nobody's with a useless opinion like you... "scouts Its mentioned all the time" lol gtfoh didn't hear it mentioned not once tonight against Iowa.

Besides stop being a groupie..scouts just go with the media hype as well that's why they're wrong more times than not. Walton is better... Barkley has the most hype that's the only thing that separates them.

When you have an average of 6.4 yards a carry in your three year career somewhere in the P5 conferences then I think you might be pretty good and deserve your hype. Just stating my opinion and using this great thing called common sense.

Advertisement
Penn state is just trying to give him the heisman by giving him the ball all the time and milking the media to create this narrative that he's the best player in the country when he's not even a better rb than Mark Walton.

Advertisement
[TWEET]914212061303001088[/TWEET]

Barkley with 20 rushes 56 yards 2.8 ypc , 4 catches 51 yards vs Indiana
Mark Walton 17 rushes 51 yards 3 ypc (on hurt ankle) 4 catches 79 yards vs duke

He also threw a td and ran a kickoff back , make sure you put everything. That's another 120 total yards you left off.

We all love Walton , but Barkley is 25/30 pounds bigger, with far better speed (4.3/4.4 range)and just a better prospect at this point.

I don't get why fans have to be biased , especially when something is so obvious. It makes you look silly. I guess it's like anything else though ," the " media / scouts are the ones biased"....not the fan lol.

I think Walton will be a good prospect but film and straight athletic ability it's not a close debate.

He also threw a td and ran a kickoff back , make sure you put everything. That's another 120 total yards you left off.

We all love Walton , but Barkley is 25/30 pounds bigger, with far better speed and just a better prospect at this point. I don't get why fans have to be biased , especially when something is so obvious. It makes you look silly. I guess it's like anything else though ," the " media / scouts are the ones biased". The not the fan lol.

I think Walton will be a good prospect but film and straight athletic ability it's not a close debate.

Barkley got all this superior athletic ability but can barely gain yards against the weakest teams in his division?? 20lbs bigger don't mean **** Walton runs harder. And throwing a pass is nice but doesn't mean shxt when it comes to this debate.

We all love Walton , but Barkley is 25/30 pounds bigger, with far better speed and just a better prospect at this point. I don't get why fans have to be biased , especially when something is so obvious. It makes you look silly. I guess it's like anything else though ," the " media / scouts are the ones biased". The not the fan lol.

Barkley got all this superior athletic ability but can barely gain yards against the weakest teams in his division?? 20lbs bigger don't mean **** Walton runs harder. And throwing a pass is nice but doesn't mean shxt when it comes to this debate.

Yet he still had 200 total yards . So continue on trolling.

Advertisement

We all love Walton , but Barkley is 25/30 pounds bigger, with far better speed (4.3/4.4 range)and just a better prospect at this point.

I don't get why fans have to be biased , especially when something is so obvious. It makes you look silly. I guess it's like anything else though ," the " media / scouts are the ones biased"....not the fan lol.

I have never said walton is a better prospect than Barkley. I’m just pointing out he’s not as good as he’s being talked up to be either

Barkley has 4.3 speed? Wow

I have never said walton is a better prospect than Barkley. I’m just pointing out he’s not as good as he’s being talked up to be either

Funny thing is , if he was a cane you and kkk cane would have his meat bag slammed down your throats. Stating his unreal speed and weight room ( breaking school records in the clean ) , his unreal speed for his size (4.33), crazy stats , shows up in big games but since he's not a cane he's " overrated ". Which is fine , it's your opinion.

Fact is , cats like this don't come along often. There's literally no flaw in his game. Most complete backs like this aren't in the 230-235 range and explosive.

Btw multiple scouts have said he'd be a top ten rb in the NFL right now. That's crazy.

Advertisement

Funny thing is , if he was a cane you and kkk cane would have his meat bag slammed down your throats. Stating his unreal speed and weight room ( breaking school records in the clean ) , his unreal speed for his size (4.33), crazy stats , shows up in big games but since he's not a cane he's " overrated ". Which is fine , it's your opinion.

Fact is , cats like this don't come along often. There's literally no flaw in his game. Most complete backs like this aren't in the 230-235 range and explosive.

Btw multiple scouts have said he'd be a top ten rb in the NFL right now. That's crazy.
We will see when he gets in the league. I’m taking dalvin over him

Barkley has 4.3 speed? Wow

Hes supposedly ran in the 4.3's pretty consistently but I'd say more 4.4. People tend to over exaggerate that stuff. Not too many guys run legit 4.3's

We will see when he gets in the league. I’m taking dalvin over him

I love Dalvin too, I wanted Philly to draft him. Dc is just more on the one dimensional side though, which id still be fine with.

No, you don't.

Doing a hurdle over one player then getting hit by another player while you're still in air and maintaining your balance is not something every back in the country can do.

Here's a link of a rb from west Georgia jumping over a defender and running for a TD...

West Georgia's RB hurdles defender for TD - ESPN Video

Like i said it happens all the time

Advertisement
Back