Said it earlier and Walton > Barkley

If I'm an NFL GM I'm targeting Walton more than Barkley.

Barkley's going to be gone in the first ten picks. Walton can be had in the second round.

He's not as good as Barkley, but he's still very good and is making himself a lot of money this year.

Advertisement
It's really a toss up. I'd say Walton would be my choice between the two. Hey Walton is as elite as anyone in college football today.

Barkley has more game breaking speed but Walton is a bad MF as far as a combination of speed, power, vision, creativity, etc. I'm impressed by how much his game has improved over 3 years here and he's just scratching the surface on how good he can be. The jump cut he's added to his game this year is down right nasty.

The phantom penalty play against FSU last year where Walton scored and called back, Barkley could never do that.

Name me another team besides PSU where it would be even a debate if Walton would start on that team?

This is where we have to take off the O&G shades. Walton is not a Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Henry, or even Duke for that matter. Walton has improved a lot since his freshman year but just isn't talented enough to be deemed the "best back in the nation".

Georgia, ironically enough, is a team Walton that wouldn't start on.

Barkley's measurables are off the charts. He projected as a top 5 pick coming into this season, and the level he is playing at supports it. He might be the best player in the nation right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalvin cook is >>>>> better than Barkley and it’s not close. He’s really good but is overhyped at the same time. Remember Barkley averaged 5.6 ypc last year

Brock, you are a special kinda dude

Advertisement
Walton had over 200 yards on just 11 carries... that's elite and special. Clowns dck riding this Penn state rb like no one is on his level gtfoh.... I'm riding with Mark Walton over any other back in cfb.

We played Toledo. They played Iowa. A bit difference in defense.

This isn't to say that Walton isn't good; Walton's a **** good RB, that's pretty evident. But Barkley's the better talent when you take off the homer glasses.

Walton had over 200 yards on just 11 carries... that's elite and special. Clowns dck riding this Penn state rb like no one is on his level gtfoh.... I'm riding with Mark Walton over any other back in cfb.

This isn't to say that Walton isn't good; Walton's a **** good RB, that's pretty evident. But Barkley's the better talent when you take off the homer glasses.

And? UF offense dominated that Iowa defense in the bowl game and they haven’t dominated anybody in the last 2 years

Last edited:

And? If offense dominated that Iowa defense in the bowl game and they haven’t dominated anybody in the last 2 years

In English, broke.

Advertisement
Broke, you're probably referencing UF. If you saw that bowl game, you'd know that last year Iowa had just as lethargic and mediocre offense as UF did, maybe worst. Iowa's defense held UF up for most of the game until the 4th quarter when they were gassed. So your point sucks.

The hate for Walton on this board is unreal. The kid put his heart and soul on the field and yall bltch made coward *** mothafukas saying he isnt "special" like Barkley?

Walton almost average 20 YARDS A POP and he isn't Elite?

Walton: 11 Attempts 204 Yards 18.5 Avg
Barkley: 28 Attempts 211 Yards 17.5 Avg

And Walton did this on just 11 carries. that's Elite. If you don't think so, GTFOH, you don't understand football.

211/28=7.54 yards

The hate for Walton on this board is unreal. The kid put his heart and soul on the field and yall bltch made coward *** mothafukas saying he isnt "special" like Barkley?

And Walton did this on just 11 carries. that's Elite. If you don't think so, GTFOH, you don't understand football.

211/28=7.54 yards

We may not understand football, but Goon doesn't understand math. lulz

IMO Barkley is the best player in college right now at any position. Can't remember a guy turning so many 2 yard gains into 7 yard gains every play

Advertisement

211/28=7.54 yards

We may not understand football, but Goon doesn't understand math. lulz

Those stats from football reference, not my "math" genius.

Dalvin cook is >>>>> better than Barkley and it’s not close. He’s good but is overhyped at the same time

Barkley is considered one of the best rb prospects of the last 5 years . One of the most complete backs you'll ever find.

It's your opinion but Cook was never viewed this way. I really don't know how you get that conclusion , but oh well.

I tend to agree with Brock on this. Barkely is a great back, but Cook was/is way better. Problem is Barkley plays for media darling Penn State. Even after all that Sandusky mess the media has been very eager to put Penn State up there.

Forget what anyone else tries to tell me.
My eyes saw a pretty dam good football player last night against a solid defense.

That said,
Walton's willing to run through walls for us.
I'm glad he's our guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Walton is great but Barkley is better but not by much. The scout saying Barkley being the best RB in the last 5 years must be from the Browns.

Dalvin Cook/Derrick Henry/ Nick Chubbs/Ezekiel Elliott/Todd Gurley/Duke Johnson in my opinion are better then Barkley.

I'll admit that I have been sleeping on barkley for a minute because **** penn state, but what I saw last night was on another level.

Advertisement
Back