Ryan Ragone

Advertisement
All I am saying is to give him the same shot you give all the other LB's. There is not one of them that isn't missing tackles or assignments. He get 6 snaps and all of you expect him to be perfect on all 6???????? THAT IS INSANE!! I know for a fact when he is in there he is ALWAYS around the ball!!! He has a nose for the ball and is a play maker. It seems as Canes fans we should be pulling for him to succeed??? I honestly do not understand where all the hate comes from??? He goes out there and gives it everything he has everyday for this program on and off the field and in return we hate on him?? WHY?????

All I am saying is to give him the same shot you give all the other LB's. There is not one of them that isn't missing tackles or assignments. He get 6 snaps and all of you expect him to be perfect on all 6???????? THAT IS INSANE!! I know for a fact when he is in there he is ALWAYS around the ball!!! He has a nose for the ball and is a play maker. It seems as Canes fans we should be pulling for him to succeed??? I honestly do not understand where all the hate comes from??? He goes out there and gives it everything he has everyday for this program on and off the field and in return we hate on him?? WHY?????
This place isn’t always the best place for family members of players. There are posters who are just ******** because they’re miserable mongoloids but there are also posters who understand football really well and will give their objective assessments, some of which my be harder for a family member to read.

You're right. Every player who looks awful one year never looks awful the next.

I didn't have a bad year on the field last season, so by your asinine logic, I should be playing.
Blah blah blah. You are saying a bunch of irrelevant things. Did how terrible he looked last year cause him to give up a big play last Saturday?
This place isn’t always the best place for family members of players. There are posters who are just ******** because they’re miserable mongoloids but there are also posters who understand football really well and will give their objective assessments, some of which my be harder for a family member to read.
The majority are just shytting on him because he is a walk on. Most of these guys can’t breakdown a min of film to back up their “Ragone is terrible” claim. When your main point is “well he sucked last year”, and “No reason a walk on should be playing here”, those are the miserable Mongoloids you’re talking about.

Blah blah blah. You are saying a bunch of irrelevant things. Did how terrible he looked last year cause him to give up a big play last Saturday?

The majority are just shytting on him because he is a walk on. Most of these guys can’t breakdown a min of film to back up their “Ragone is terrible” claim. When your main point is “well he sucked last year”, and “No reason a walk on should be playing here”, those are the miserable Mongoloids you’re talking about.
Yeah, I hate that. I don’t know film so I have no opinion on the technical side. I just hate seeing a kid on the team who’s busting *** to the best of his abilities, whatever they are, get picked on in a non-clinical, non-constructive, unnecessarily inflammatory way.

Generally - If a kid is not good enough, blame the coaches for recruiting and decisions.

Advertisement
When did he get rolled over?
Is it more palatable to say that he didn't get there? He's a good kid and a great Cane, and I'm all for him getting some garbage time reps. I love his story of perseverance and love that he's on the team. But he is not a guy with the athletic ability necessary to do what we need a Miami LB to do.

You've seen what excellent Miami linebacking looks like. Pop that GT game in from last year and rewatch his reps against UL. Is that reminiscent of Miami linebacking or the standard we need to compete for ACC and eventually national titles?

Listen up, boys. Not every guy on the team should be playing, and not every guy who plays is the best. It's ok to critique some decisions and some players and not be viewed as a scourge against society.

No one hates him. We love him. We just don't think he's a UM caliber LB.

I love my grandpa, but I wouldn't want to drag his skeleton out on the field and expect him to make plays for UM. He was a great butcher in his day, but I wouldn't want him trying to hit a Sandy Koufax curveball.

There's a gigantic difference between hate, which is an overly abused term, and rationale critique when it comes to sports.

Coaches trust him right now for 6 plays a game or whatever. Will take their judgment over would-be analysts on a message board.

His UM "bio" shows he went to Arkansas State after graduating from his Houston-area high school. So ... was he officially a Transfer, or a walk on, or both?

Advertisement
Is it more palatable to say that he didn't get there? He's a good kid and a great Cane, and I'm all for him getting some garbage time reps. I love his story of perseverance and love that he's on the team. But he is not a guy with the athletic ability necessary to do what we need a Miami LB to do.

You've seen what excellent Miami linebacking looks like. Pop that GT game in from last year and rewatch his reps against UL. Is that reminiscent of Miami linebacking or the standard we need to compete for ACC and eventually national titles?

Listen up, boys. Not every guy on the team should be playing, and not every guy who plays is the best. It's ok to critique some decisions and some players and not be viewed as a scourge against society.

I’m with whatever is the truth when it comes to the LB corps. No hyperbole, no scenarios that didn’t occur.

I will @you with my opinion from another thread rather than rehashing.

As long as guys like Ragone are getting snaps, it means that UM still is not at a point where its most talented players are its hardest workers.

And kudos to him; surely the fact he is on the field is a nod to his maturity and approach in practice and the weight room.

will someone please do that, put in all of his plays from GT last year and then we can discuss it.

Advertisement
Ragone has no business stepping on the field unless its garbage time or ST. The coaches have noone to blame but themselves for lackluster recruiting if they are playing a player like Ragone so far into their tenure. Manny’s next grad assistant. He may have gotten only 6 snaps, but it jumped off the screen everytime he was out there. Like someone said above, dog**** angles & no athleticism. Im not mad at Ragone though, he isnt putting himself out there. Try not to bad mouth him too much. Not his fault.

Advertisement
No one hates him. We love him. We just don't think he's a UM caliber LB.

I love my grandpa, but I wouldn't want to drag his skeleton out on the field and expect him to make plays for UM. He was a great butcher in his day, but I wouldn't want him trying to hit a Sandy Koufax curveball.

There's a gigantic difference between hate, which is an overly abused term, and rationale critique when it comes to sports.

polarization is one helluva drug.

also same could be said for jimmy murphy. dude was a fan favorite and gave his all when he was in the the game. but if he was in the backfield to give deejay or cam a rest before the game was out of reach, people would be rightfully questioning the staff.

Last edited:
Don’t have a problem with him playing if the game is a blow out. But if it’s a close game he doesn’t need to be on the field period in regards to the base defense, he’s a liability athletically especially on them stretch run plays like Louisville does very well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back