Ryan Ragone

putting in a known bad commodity (who has shown zero improvement from last season) instead of an unknown with a higher ceiling is. i could very well be wrong and maybe the younger guys are just crap in practice, but we know that when 34 is on the field, he is the weak point in the defense.
The opposing offenses know it to. They laugh at UM for that BS, then pick on him

Advertisement
What a F-ing sh*tshow our LBer Coaching and recruiting have been....
Now that's the REAL problem right there. We have got **** Pee Wee league coaches on our defense. A couple of those clowns are not too long removed from coaching at Incarnate Word and Slippery Rock. I heard when other ACC staffs views our defensive staff resumes they literally start laughing

The thing so infuriating about Ragone playing for me is that Diaz was the LB and DC here since 2016, Promoted Patke to a positional coach initially as a OLB coach or some bs (Now Striker and ST) and when Diaz left this ************ was named Co-DC completely underservedly, then Diaz returned a $4M buyout later and hired Blake Baker as DC and also LB coach, yet we are still ******* playing walk-ons in a game 5 seasons into Diazs tenure here. It's pretty bad. And thats before talking about the regression guys like Shaq, Pinckney, McCloud had. Plus we actually have some ******* talent at LB! They just aren't playing and/or developing enough.

Last edited:
All I am saying is to give him the same shot you give all the other LB's. There is not one of them that isn't missing tackles or assignments. He get 6 snaps and all of you expect him to be perfect on all 6???????? THAT IS INSANE!! I know for a fact when he is in there he is ALWAYS around the ball!!! He has a nose for the ball and is a play maker. It seems as Canes fans we should be pulling for him to succeed??? I honestly do not understand where all the hate comes from??? He goes out there and gives it everything he has everyday for this program on and off the field and in return we hate on him?? WHY?????
It isn't about him though. This is the University of Miami, where we have a rich history of elite LBs. It's about our staff (of which we have 3 guys who have been LB coaches here currently on staff), failing to develop players who are clearly more talented. This isn't a situation where we're rooting for Ragone to fail at all. This is a situation where we want our coaches to ******* get their **** together and turn Avery Huff, Sam Brooks, etc into the players that they have the talent to be.

Advertisement
Ragu only gets snaps Bc staff is searching for a Jimmy Murphy feel good story for the season.

Advertisement
if he isn't on the field against Clemson I don't see anyway we win unless the other LB's play gets a lot better
Are you saying we'll lose if Ragone doesn't play a lot against Clemson? I'm hoping I completely misinterpreted your post.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back