Ryan Ragone

The question should be "What did Huff do to jump Ragone".

That's not to say I like seeing Ragone in there. If we were in rebuilding mode I'd say f*ck it, play Huff, I'll willing to take the lumps. But Manny isn't. He coaching for his life. He's looking at it differently.

The reality is we still have holes in the roster.
Are Huff and Ragu the only options at backup LB?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ragone is playing his 6 snaps because he knows the defense. Huff is still catching up mentally, but I believe he has done enough on ST to learn on the job.
So What I’m hearing is our LB coach is unable to teach Huff enough Of the D to play a measly 6 plays? Has the coach taught him enough to play one play at LB? D$, do you see a trend in our LBs not being developed to their potential?

So What I’m hearing is our LB coach is unable to teach Huff enough Of the D to play a measly 6 plays? Has the coach taught him enough to play one play at LB? D$, do you see a trend in our LBs not being developed to their potential?

Huff was lucky to even gain admission last year and was an NCAA required academic redshirt. He didn’t even join the team until August.

We barely had a spring practice this year and a condensed fall. It’s understandable for him not to be up to speed for game action yet.

Advertisement
I can't believe he played 6 snaps. I don't remember seeing him at all. It must have been towards the end of the game when they were playing a lot of the reserves because by then I was only half paying attention. Well, if he did get a tackle he had just as many as the starting MLB.

He has a near tfl but still helped blow up the play. He was far from the issue we had with lb and striker. Mccloud played a really good game though.

Advertisement
There's also Steed. We usually only play 2 LBs at a time, so there are plenty of LB options if Huff isn't ready to play. It doesn't need to be Huff or Big Ragu.
Steed has already been playing snaps. McCloud, Jennings, Brooks and Steed are top 4. Ragone seems to be 5th and 6th is Huff
Or Flagg

He recruited Deriq King, he can play 10 plays a game and im cool. **** Ragu nearly had a tfl, got a tackle as well.

Him, Marshall Few, the dude that was a special teams demon, Fentress are all guys to point at when trying to get preferred walk ons that its possible to earn a schollie. Especially taking preferred walk ons from Big time programs.

Exactly.

It isn't like he's out there stealing snaps in crucial moments are starting, he's way down the depth chart.

Rage on as only CIS can.

Steed has already been playing snaps. McCloud, Jennings, Brooks and Steed are top 4. Ragone seems to be 5th and 6th is Huff
Or Flagg
We don't really need to get to our 5th our 6th LB when we usually only play 2 at a time. That's my point.

If Huff is ready, get him some reps because he's a special talent. But there's no reason to have to put Big Ragu out there in anything other than garbage time because he does not possess the requisite necessities to play at this level.

Advertisement
Back