Ryan mayes

Pretty sure there's a Walk on CB that was ahead of him (Murphy??)

Still more fat to trim

Mahoney
Milo
McCray
One of the upperclassmen QB's

Who else am I missing?

Rosier
Shirreffs
Gray
Langham
Mahoney
Milo
Jones
Fines
McCray

Advertisement
Exactly. Everyone that's gone will not hurt this roster. By the way, Deejay Dallas can also be used in the secondary. Deejay can play anywhere that's needed lol.

We break live to a scene inside Rok's living room

e4YXo.gif

Advertisement
We have 5 CBs thats not good at all, Redwine can drop back to CB if needed, but this is not ideal at all, Mayes could have left after this season

JJ can drop down as well. We have options.

Bring on the 2018 recruiting pitch
I think he might, he was in the pic with rumph out with the cbs yesterday
[TWEET]890008840275709954[/TWEET]

He's the guy on the far left with the beard

Great call.

No it's not. Y'all trying to put DJ at every position but DT and he hasn't even had a padded practice yet.
Deejay Dallas was an EE, he had an entire Spring of padded practices.

I don't think he'll be playing any CB for us, but he's definitely been in full speed & full pad contact practices since March.

My bad, I was referring to fall camp. DJ has a crazy amount of athleticism but he hasn't played on defense in over two years. ****, Sept 2 can't get here fast enough.

DJ didn't play both ways this past fall in high school, about 8 months ago, or in other words last season?

Nope. Or at least he hasn't for any of the games that I watched him play over the past two years. But then again, maybe his HS coaches were not playing him on defense when I was there so I could give bad info on the interwebs.

Jaquan hanging out with the CBs could mean he'll remain the nickel CB until someone proves they can do a better job.

Advertisement
The lack of respect is incredible. Kid gave it his best for my Canes and I respect him for that. I wish all the kids that received scholies from the U that have to move on the best. I won't pretend to be an internet bad *** kick them on their way out.

The lack of respect is incredible. Kid gave it his best for my Canes and I respect him for that. I wish all the kids that received scholies from the U that have to move on the best. I won't pretend to be an internet bad *** kick them on their way out.

Nobody has said **** you Ryan Mayes and I hope your family burns. It's a football forum. We're talking about this in terms of the game.

Advertisement

Still more fat to trim

Mahoney
Milo
McCray

Who else am I missing?

Rosier - Disagree. Even if he doesn't win the QB job, we need him as insurance for now.
Shirreffs - Agree.
Gray - This is just silly. You want just 3 scholarship RB's on the roster, one of whom is made of porcelain?
Langham - Agree
Mahoney - Agree
Milo - Unless he shows something this fall camp, agree.
Jones - Agree
Fines - Would normally agree, but need him for depth just in case for now.
McCray - Agreed

Some of you cats never played football. Yes he should have never been here. I agree. But now other dudes have to play more minutes and fatigue can begin to set in the fourth quarter or by mid season.

You cats keep mentioning sliding our starting safeties down like **** bro they already starting. And none of our safeties experienced enough as it is. They need as many safety reps as possible. We did just lose two starting safeties

Last edited:

Still more fat to trim

Mahoney
Milo
McCray

Who else am I missing?

Rosier
Shirreffs
Gray
Langham
Mahoney
Milo
Jones
Fines
McCray

Rosier and/or Shirreffs will transfer if/when Perry wins the jobs (after the season)
Gray is the 3rd RB right now but can see him taking a grad transfer somewhere next year
Disagree on Langham - can see him getting redzone targets
Mahoney, Milo and Jones are JAGS
Fines helps with depth at DT
Agree on McCray

Advertisement

Nobody has said **** you Ryan Mayes and I hope your family burns. It's a football forum. We're talking about this in terms of the game.

People tend to misinterpret negative comments about a players' ability to somehow being personal attacks. I don't know Ryan Mayes. I'm willing to bet almost everyone posting here (besides a few insiders/former players) don't know him either. I'm sure he's a good guy and I don't wish him any personal misfortune. That said, he's not a good enough football player to be at UM. Doesn't make him a bad guy. I'm not a good enough football player to be at UM either. Some guys are better served transferring to a lower level school where they can compete instead of just taking up a roster spot where they can't compete.

Freshman will have to play ST now. Mayes played a lot of ST last year. Good way for guys like Finley, Smith, Knowles and even Amari Carter (though I think he'll get meaningful snaps) to make an impact.

Still more fat to trim

Mahoney
Milo
McCray

Who else am I missing?

Rosier - Disagree. Even if he doesn't win the QB job, we need him as insurance for now.
Shirreffs - Agree.
Gray - This is just silly. You want just 3 scholarship RB's on the roster, one of whom is made of porcelain?
Langham - Agree
Mahoney - Agree
Milo - Unless he shows something this fall camp, agree.
Jones - Agree
Fines - Would normally agree, but need him for depth just in case for now.
McCray - Agreed

I would also definitely disagree on Rosier. He is really your only experienced backup at qb. You would never contemplate starting a true fr. (if that is what happens) without some kind of backup plan if it goes south at arguably your most crucial position. I still think Rosier still has a slim chance to be starter but a really good chance he will at least be our #2 .

Advertisement
Back