Ryan mayes

yep...I could be way off but I always got a punkish vibe from Mayes

That's an understatement

Go on........We're all friends here

Stole things from teammates, constantly talked bad about other players and the coaches thinking he should've been a starter. Always getting into some kind of trouble or mouthing off, lazy and an overall cancer to the team. Normally I wouldn't share this stuff but not many people in the building are going to miss him and I honestly don't care

If you don't want to name names thats cool, but how many more people should be off the team in your opinion, or you think our team would be better for not having?
Because Personally I can count about 12 more that based on skill should not be on the 85 man roster, and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 80% of them leave the team next year to make room for a 27 man 2018 class and to clear up room for 2019.

I think pretty much all of the problem guys are gone now that I can think of. Yes there's some guys that don't have as much talent but we need every body we can for this season. I'm not really sure how the whole scholarship counter thing works so I can't say how many shouldn't be brought back for 2018

Advertisement
That's an understatement

Stole things from teammates, constantly talked bad about other players and the coaches thinking he should've been a starter. Always getting into some kind of trouble or mouthing off, lazy and an overall cancer to the team. Normally I wouldn't share this stuff but not many people in the building are going to miss him and I honestly don't care

If you don't want to name names thats cool, but how many more people should be off the team in your opinion, or you think our team would be better for not having?
Because Personally I can count about 12 more that based on skill should not be on the 85 man roster, and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 80% of them leave the team next year to make room for a 27 man 2018 class and to clear up room for 2019.

I think pretty much all of the problem guys are gone now that I can think of. Yes there's some guys that don't have as much talent but we need every body we can for this season. I'm not really sure how the whole scholarship counter thing works so I can't say how many shouldn't be brought back for 2018

Thanks.
Yeah I don't think anyone else should leave until after the season either. It really doesn't help us with spots in the 2018 class anyways since its already technically possible to sign a class around 30, and we're definitely signing less than that. And unless they are less than Junior in standing, it doesn't help for the 2019 class either.

I'm not really sure when the scholarships counter officially starts for the 85 man roster. I'd assume the first days of practice maybe? I do know if someone leaves after the scholarship has been counted, that no matter what that scholarship spot is still taken. This is how most teams give scholarships to Walk on. The Scholarship is already used, so might as well reward someone who has been working hard.

The []_[];2947192 said:
Still can't believe we took Ryan Mayes over Quincy Wilson smh.

Thanks Al, u *******. Didnt Mayes botch a fumble recovery last year?

I think you are taking about the Notre Dame game. It was Carter not Mayes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQingJ99B74

Will never forget that or Berrios getting tackled by the punter.

I think the play you guys are talking about is at the 14:10 mark. That should have been an easy scoop and score. He had a brigade in front of him. That's that Golden fall back on your training don't rise to the occasion bs.....
https://youtu.be/eql9jnBpQRw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, this is the play I was thinkin bout. Good lookin out pc3.

That's an understatement

Well ****. I was thinking that we should have kept the kid just to have another body during the season, but that behavioral sht is totally different. I don't like really talented guys who aren't about the team first, let alone dudes who don't start and put themselves first. If that's the way he approaches things, then everybody's better off without him.

Apreciate the info on this guy.

Bummer that we have no depth at several positions. Could put us in a jam this year, especially against spread or uptempo teams like UNC. But I'm not sure Mayes would have helped even if we truly needed him. We probably would have moved Redwine back over in that case and run with Carter or Knowles. ... As long as our remaining 5 guys CBs don't have multiple simultaneous injuries, we should still be fine. Young, Delaney, Dean, Jackson are as fast as any receiver in the ACC. I'm not sure about Bandy's speed yet. But if needed, he can press and physically beat up speedy receivers at the line like we all wanted Tracy Howard to be allowed to do, which should offset a speed mismatch, if any even exists.

Only positions we don't have depth is at te and maybe db I guess but that's getting fixed with this class

5 cbs is the more than the amount we had last year.

Not many programs have a rb depth chart of
Mark walton 4star
Travis homer 4 star
Trayone gray 3 star
Robert burns 3star(former 5 star)
Deejay dallas 4 star

You guys got Deejay Dallas playing every position except oline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back