Ryan mayes

We have 5 CBs thats not good at all, Redwine can drop back to CB if needed, but this is not ideal at all, Mayes could have left after this season

JJ can drop down as well. We have options.

Bring on the 2018 recruiting pitch
I think he might, he was in the pic with rumph out with the cbs yesterday
[TWEET]890008840275709954[/TWEET]

We're not exactly crazy deep at safety either...

Advertisement
Hard to start competing on a national level again when we are, in essence, keeping ourselves on probation by playing with 74 when the FSU's, VT's, and UNC's are all playing with 85.

Get that soft beta male **** out of my face. The time for the FSU's, VT's and UNC's is running out. They better enjoy it because Miami is in the rearview mirror and closing fast.

Advertisement
Lord please no injuries in the secondary this season

Its all good im pretty sure they would move guys arpund like homer if it got really bad

Lol our 2nd RB?

We havent heard anything about him which IMO over the years is a bad sign..........on the other hand we have summer camp to find out if hes legit so rt now u can lol.......if we dont hear from him in the summer its a red flag for me (maybe not for u) but for me...........and if hes a savage and rips it im okay with that too. Its just when they lost Amac it was a huge blow because Burns is made of glass so its like they didnt trust homer.......maybe im looking to far into it but we will see.......I think he was be a reall reeaaalll god db if he was ever moved im saying this as an opinion its my opinion just in case erbody trips........im wrong alot like everyone else

Pete and dmoney both around spring time said the staff was very high on his ability at running back

Well he better kill it.....i think burns is the goods but hes made of glass......im hoping hes like lamar miller hurt when they got here but beat there injuries

Its all good im pretty sure they would move guys arpund like homer if it got really bad

Lol our 2nd RB?

We havent heard anything about him which IMO over the years is a bad sign..........on the other hand we have summer camp to find out if hes legit so rt now u can lol.......if we dont hear from him in the summer its a red flag for me (maybe not for u) but for me...........and if hes a savage and rips it im okay with that too. Its just when they lost Amac it was a huge blow because Burns is made of glass so its like they didnt trust homer.......maybe im looking to far into it but we will see.......I think he was be a reall reeaaalll god db if he was ever moved im saying this as an opinion its my opinion just in case erbody trips........im wrong alot like everyone else

Pete and dmoney both around spring time said the staff was very high on his ability at running back

Well he better kill it.....i think burns is the goods but hes made of glass......im hoping hes like lamar miller hurt when they got here but beat there injuries

Burns is such an intriguing wildcard. If this kid can catch a break in terms of injuries, he could be special.

The []_[];2947192 said:
Still can't believe we took Ryan Mayes over Quincy Wilson smh.

Thanks Al, u *******. Didnt Mayes botch a fumble recovery last year?

I think you are taking about the Notre Dame game. It was Carter not Mayes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQingJ99B74

God dammit. Pick up the ball man!

Literally the game right there. Smh.

Dammit mane. Smh.

Hard to start competing on a national level again when we are, in essence, keeping ourselves on probation by playing with 74 when the FSU's, VT's, and UNC's are all playing with 85.

Get that soft beta male **** out of my face. The time for the FSU's, VT's and UNC's is running out. They better enjoy it because Miami is in the rearview mirror and closing fast.

Take your orange and green blinders off for a second and think back to our time of national relevance...if you are even old enough to remember. We stockpiled talent and redshirted superstars in the making. I agree we are "closing fast" on the teams that have routinely outperformed us over the last ten years. But don't be naive into thinking we are just going to steamroll through our ACC schedule this year with only 74 scholarship players. You need depth on special teams and for injuries. Further, playing just your top 11 players is a recipe for getting wore down in the fourth quarter.

Advertisement

Take your orange and green blinders off for a second and think back to our time of national relevance...if you are even old enough to remember. We stockpiled talent and redshirted superstars in the making. I agree we are "closing fast" on the teams that have routinely outperformed us over the last ten years. But don't be naive into thinking we are just going to steamroll through our ACC schedule this year with only 74 scholarship players. You need depth on special teams and for injuries. Further, playing just your top 11 players is a recipe for getting wore down in the fourth quarter.

"We stockpiled talent and redshirted them"

Well we're cutting scrubs loose so we can stockpile top talent again.

It definitely looks like we are setting ourselves up nicely for a sustained run over the next few years. I just hope we have enough bodies to achieve what I think we are capable of THIS YEAR.

DeeJay Dallas could probably play CB if needed.

Great call.

No it's not. Y'all trying to put DJ at every position but DT and he hasn't even had a padded practice yet.
Deejay Dallas was an EE, he had an entire Spring of padded practices.

I don't think he'll be playing any CB for us, but he's definitely been in full speed & full pad contact practices since March.

My bad, I was referring to fall camp. DJ has a crazy amount of athleticism but he hasn't played on defense in over two years. ****, Sept 2 can't get here fast enough.

Advertisement
This is why you don't sign DBs who can't run. And LOL at the typical hand-wringing from the depth crybabies. No one plays 76 fcking guys, and if we made it all the way to Mayes then Rumph would have tossed an actual pylon out there instead.

DeeJay Dallas could probably play CB if needed.

Great call.

No it's not. Y'all trying to put DJ at every position but DT and he hasn't even had a padded practice yet.
Deejay Dallas was an EE, he had an entire Spring of padded practices.

I don't think he'll be playing any CB for us, but he's definitely been in full speed & full pad contact practices since March.

My bad, I was referring to fall camp. DJ has a crazy amount of athleticism but he hasn't played on defense in over two years. ****, Sept 2 can't get here fast enough.

DJ didn't play both ways this past fall in high school, about 8 months ago, or in other words last season?

Advertisement
He NEVER would have seen the field. If they actually had to use a sixth and seventh corner, both Redwine and Jaquan Johnson both played corner last year and could be used in a pinch.

Mayes leaving has about as much impact on the team as me leaving the team.

Having guys on the roster that will never play, just to have "depth" is pointless. A deep pool of terrible players is not something you want in your program. Plus, as a junior, Mayes would have been eating up a scholarship spot not just this year but next year as well.

Last edited:
It is such a relief hearing this kind of stuff this staff isn't playing, if you aren't talented enough to break into the rotation then take yourself on. it's a good sign about our bright future and the talent that is being sought and what the expectations are, this is a good thing fellas.

Advertisement
Back