Rush Propst to Valdosta

Advertisement
We play a team in Valdosta called Title Town Every year. They have a squad for 8,9,10,11, 12 maybe 13 as well. But when I say out of the 6 yrs I coached football we never beat them. We came close one yr in the 11 group. Lost by 3 points, but they just all around have kids who play football year around. In Tallahassee they play football for a few months then off to something else.

We play a team in Valdosta called Title Town Every year. They have a squad for 8,9,10,11, 12 maybe 13 as well. But when I say out of the 6 yrs I coached football we never beat them. We came close one yr in the 11 group. Lost by 3 points, but they just all around have kids who play football year around. In Tallahassee they play football for a few months then off to something else.
Titletown is a machine. The guy who runs it, james gatlin, is a really good coach. He had basically got VHS on board with letting the younger kids use some of their facilities for workouts and training as well as playing at their stadium. I know his son was upset about the VHS coach getting fired but pretty sure propst being hired has their intrest

Advertisement
Valdosta is in Lowndes County.
Correct me if you will, but hasn't Lowndes emerged as the better program over the last 10-15 years? Understanding was Valdosta was the city school and that Lowndes was outside the city proper & thus had access to more players. Maybe some South Georgia folks can offer context.

Correct me if you will, but hasn't Lowndes emerged as the better program over the last 10-15 years? Understanding was Valdosta was the city school and that Lowndes was outside the city proper & thus had access to more players. Maybe some South Georgia folks can offer context.

Yes. You are correct. Short answer is Lowndes is the county school. For the last 15 years or so, more people have moved out of the city, into to the county. Because of that, Lowndes has become the larger school and the better program (VHS seemingly firing coaches every **** 1.5 years didn’t help in that last aspect, either.) Now, VHS fans don’t wanna hear that, but it’s the truth.

Also you can live in city and be in lowndes district as well. I was in city but our area was county schools. The way its broken up is weird

Also you can live in city and be in lowndes district as well. I was in city but our area was county schools. The way its broken up is weird
Yes, because of where the schools actually sit. Once upon a time, where LCHS is at, was actually in the county and VHS was in the city. Now the city limits has moved towards and eclipsed the area where LCHS is at. VHS built a building on the outward fringes of the city, o in actuality, LCHS is in the city, while VHS is out closer to the county. It creates crazy lines and districts. Which in turn probably leads to a good deal of kids zoned for one school, that end up at another. :noidea:

Advertisement
They redid the zones way after lowndes moved and it made absolutely no sense but seemed to pull more city kids to lowndes. Most people think the langdales pulled some favors for lowndes and it wouldn't surprise me if that was true. The new vhs is really nice but as soon as they finished they announced lowndes would be upgrading

They redid the zones way after lowndes moved and it made absolutely no sense but seemed to pull more city kids to lowndes. Most people think the langdales pulled some favors for lowndes and it wouldn't surprise me if that was true. The new vhs is really nice but as soon as they finished they announced lowndes would be upgrading
Langdales? They probably did.

Advertisement
Supposedly Valdosta is getting Colquitt 3 best players and some of the locals aren’t happy at all. This has the chance of blowing up

Advertisement
Colquitt is ****ed but Valdosta fans are ecstatic. Valdosta is really loading up on offense
The Valdosta fans I talked to aren’t that happy. They don’t want the local kids to get their spots taking. The city was already split between Rush. Winning heals all wounds though. Colquitt is also talking of not playing Valdosta in any sports now. They better make a legal move because I heard Colquitt might get Ghsa involved

The Valdosta fans I talked to aren’t that happy. They don’t want the local kids to get their spots taking. The city was already split between Rush. Winning heals all wounds though. Colquitt is also talking of not playing Valdosta in any sports now. They better make a legal move because I heard Colquitt might get Ghsa involved
Funny how they didn’t mind when Rush was at Colquitt but now he isn’t there and they are turning him in. Still can’t believe the school board hired him

Advertisement
Back