Rush Propst to Valdosta

Andrew

All American
Administrator
If you follow high school football then you probably know Rush Propst and you probably know Valdosta.

In case you don't.

Rush Propst
  • 5 State Titles at Hoover, AL
  • 2 State Titles at Colquitt County, GA
  • 1 National Title at Colquitt County, GA
Valdosta
  • 25 Georgia State Titles
  • 6 National Titles
  • Over 900 total wins - most in the country
This is what teams do when they want to win.

Advertisement
Did this really require its own thread?

If you a fan of high school football then you have to recognize the significance. Valdosta was a national power until their coach had a heart attacked and died at the school. This was back in the mid-90s. Valdosta hiring Rush is a school indicating that they are tired of losing. This is something that we all hope Miami will do.

Propst will play a national schedule and Valdosta isn't too far from Florida. No doubt you will see teams from Florida come to GA to play Dosta.

Advertisement
If you a fan of high school football then you have to recognize the significance. Valdosta was a national power until their coach had a heart attacked and died at the school. This was back in the mid-90s. Valdosta hiring Rush is a school indicating that they are tired of losing. This is something that we all hope Miami will do.

Propst will play a national schedule and Valdosta isn't too far from Florida. No doubt you will see teams from Florida come to GA to play Dosta.
I’m just a fan of East St Louis who is also a national power. I hope Miami could target that area more. There are some good teams in the St Louis area.

Advertisement
Reminds of someone...

1586914029274.png

Rush is a win at all cost type of coach. Valdosta is a win or else type program. I'm looking forward to watching him try to turn Valdosta back into the juggernaut that they think that they're "supposed" to be.

Can't argue with any of that, including the parens. Well said.

Advertisement
Big move for Valdosta, that region has 4-star talent all over, Rush is successful program builder, so he'll definitely have them winning state titles on a regular basis.

Valdosta already is one of the best schools in Georgia, but with Rush that should put them back on the same level as schools like Marietta, Lowndes, Colquitt, Lee County, Grayson, North Gwinnett, Buford, Harrison & McEachern as the very best.

I know Saban was close to hiring him at Bama before the Hoover scandal, but I've always wondered what SEC coaches feel about Rush, do they like/respect him or do they simply not care?

Advertisement
He's a scumbag who is a great coach. He lost his Georgia teaching certificate and lost his job at Colquitt County because of it. He's allegedly had issues at Hoover and CC as far as how he acts in the school, forget the outside stuff.

Somebody in this thread that Valdosta hiring Propst is a indication that they're tired of losing, which makes no sense. They won a state title in 2016 and had one losing season between then and now. They may not be nationally what they once were, but they also have to deal with Lowndes across town who is also elite in Georgia.

Propst is HS Urban Meyer, for better or worse, and possibly much worse. I guarantee he will leave Valdosta, whenever that is, under shady circustances.

Advertisement
Back